Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 3:06 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Full details on PA Match-6

Topic closed. 12 replies. Last post 13 years ago by CASH Only.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #379
June 5, 2002
11296 Posts
Posted: January 2, 2004, 9:19 am - IP Logged

www.pabulletin.com

Among the highlights:

*Jackpot automatically paid in CASH (starts at $500,000)

*$2 per play; three sets of numbers; but (like Super-6) two of the three sets are automatically QPed)

*Players can win FOUR times on a ticket as follows:

6/6 Jackpot                                                                                                5/6 $1000                                                                                                  4/6 $    20                                                                                                  3/6 $      2

PLUS:

10+/18 (all 3 games)    $2500                                                                  9/18                              $1000                                                                8/18                              $    50                                                                  7/18                              $    25                                                                6/18                              $    10                                                                  5/18                              $      5                                                                  4/18                              $      2

United States
    Member #434
    June 30, 2002
    675 Posts
    Posted: January 2, 2004, 10:56 am - IP Logged

Here are a couple of other interesting details:

A Match 6 Lotto ticket may not be canceled or voided once printed by the Lottery terminal, even if the ticket is printed in error.

This currently is not the case with other PA based games. You have up until 10 minutes to cancel the ticket. Powerball tickets can not be cancelled.

3 Winning Numbers  $2  1:19.2
    4 Winning Numbers  $2  1:9.1
    10 or More Winning Numbers  $2,500  1:597,302.6

The odds are pretty decent. And a ton better than Super 6. However the 10 or more prize odds are WORSE than Cash 5's jackpot odds and pay hundreds of thousands less. Odd of matching 5 of 5 in CASH 5 (of 39) are 1:575,757 and pots start at $100,000 and roll over.

All in all, I don't mind the $2 cost. The prizes are pretty decent. I like the CASH only option. I don't mind the 2 QP's. I will probably try the game for awhile and see how I do with it.

hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
      Pennsylvania
      United States
      Member #1340
      April 6, 2003
      2450 Posts
      Posted: January 2, 2004, 12:30 pm - IP Logged

$2? and you need to match 3 to get the $2 back?... this might fly in a non PB or MM state, but I think they are setting themselves up for dissapointment... I'd rather play the Cash 5...

You have to pick 6 and they pick 6 from 1/49...

they are apparently already lying about the odds...

no matter how you slice it, odds of all 6 in a 6/49 are 1:13,983,816

they are apparently planning to advertise 1:4,661,272.3  probably because of the 2 stupid automatic QP's... They will never learn, I would rather spend the $2 on the PB...

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.

United States
        Member #379
        June 5, 2002
        11296 Posts
        Posted: January 2, 2004, 1:48 pm - IP Logged

Because the jackpot will be cash-only, PA still has room for a "secondary" (annuity _option_) jackpot game.

I could see PA negotiating with MUSL to change the matrixes of Hot Lotto to make it more of a jackpot-driven game. Remember that PA will have a second Wednesday-Saturday game, starting this summer.

United States
          Member #434
          June 30, 2002
          675 Posts
          Posted: January 2, 2004, 6:55 pm - IP Logged

hyper,

Those odds are correct. Super 6 because of the 3 plays for a $1 is 1:about 40,000,000 but if it was just one play would be 1:120,000,000.

However you could win twice on a ticket if you have a 3 out of 6 on one line and one other number on the 2 QP's. You'd $4 in the scenario.

You are probably right, playing the $2 on PB w/ the PP would be better. But I will probably try the game anyway. I always QP my picks anyway so I don't mind the extra 2 QP's. Although they should have made it 3 plays for $1 and if you wanted the extra bonus money, then make you pay the extra $1.

United States
            Member #434
            June 30, 2002
            675 Posts
            Posted: January 2, 2004, 6:55 pm - IP Logged

I should also note that Big 4 pays $2,500 for a straight pick. The odds on that are 1:10,000 which is still way better than Match 6's 10+ payout.

Pennsylvania
              United States
              Member #1340
              April 6, 2003
              2450 Posts
              Posted: January 5, 2004, 3:57 pm - IP Logged

I am thinking playing once... 9 tickets ($18) covering all 49 numbers... randomly distributed(since there will be no history for draw 1)... that leaves 5 numbers of my choice to play twice.

I want to see how the automatic QP's work, if they are full of duplicate numbers on the line you play ,then I will chalk up the $18 to experience and avoid it like the stupid 6...

good luck to all who plan to play it...

Pennsylvania
                United States
                Member #1340
                April 6, 2003
                2450 Posts
                Posted: January 5, 2004, 3:57 pm - IP Logged

any Idea on a first drawing date?

United States
                  Member #379
                  June 5, 2002
                  11296 Posts
                  Posted: January 6, 2004, 8:18 am - IP Logged

AFAIK late January.

Lotto Czar's avatar - sam
                    Harrisburg, Pa.
                    United States
                    Member #3093
                    December 23, 2003
                    233 Posts
                    Posted: January 6, 2004, 8:39 am - IP Logged

Yeah those odds of winning $2500 are more in line with high scratch ticket odds.  That's what the state is looking for.  Scratch tickets are great for small prizes, but crap for big ones.  Still waiting to see how this works out.  Agree with others, but nice thing is one ticket-many prizes.  Win for life scratch is already looking better. (1 in 5).

Another game  this summer?  Could it be Hot Lotto?  It would be great to see what!  news for me.

United States
                      Member #379
                      June 5, 2002
                      11296 Posts
                      Posted: January 6, 2004, 8:44 am - IP Logged

Czar:

We should all push PA to make Hot Lotto its upcoming game. Even if it means a larger double matrix to accomodate PA.

Lotto Czar's avatar - sam
                        Harrisburg, Pa.
                        United States
                        Member #3093
                        December 23, 2003
                        233 Posts
                        Posted: January 6, 2004, 8:49 am - IP Logged

Yeah, I'd play if it is on a different night of the week, than the other games.

United States
                          Member #379
                          June 5, 2002
                          11296 Posts
                          Posted: January 6, 2004, 8:52 am - IP Logged

Czar:

Hot Lotto is drawn Wed & Sat. I even e-mailed MUSL about having it drawn Tue & Fri.                                                                                                      Whether two games are drawn on the same night shouldn't affect whether you play either or both.