Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 7:07 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

military time

Topic closed. 11 replies. Last post 13 years ago by hypersoniq.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #3004
December 11, 2003
248 Posts
Posted: January 9, 2004, 12:50 am - IP Logged

ive asked this question before, never got a response. does anyone in any state have the time on their lotto ticket? here in texas they dont give the time on the ticket itself. i was wondering, why not? when they go through all of that much trouble to not have the time on the actual ticket, but the results ticket has the time on it. why is this and can this be associated with anything familiar to anyonr?

Wisconsin
    United States
    Member #1610
    June 3, 2003
    668 Posts
    Posted: January 9, 2004, 1:33 am - IP Logged

here in wisc., there is no time printed on the ticket...but i would certainly assume that the bar code on the ticket can be scanned for access to that info.

... the lottery never fails to surprise!
      Wisconsin
      United States
      Member #1610
      June 3, 2003
      668 Posts
      Posted: January 9, 2004, 2:03 am - IP Logged

it's late and...what i was trying to say in the previous post was that i assume that lottery officials when going through the process of validating a winning ticket can access the information via the ticket number printed on the ticket and/or bar code info. on the same ticket exactly when and where it was purchased. i can't imagine otherwise.

... the lottery never fails to surprise!
        Jake649's avatar - scene sunovermountains.jpg

Canada
        Member #2673
        November 2, 2003
        497 Posts
        Posted: January 9, 2004, 6:54 am - IP Logged
        Quote: Originally posted by interceptor on January 09, 2004

ive asked this question before, never got a response. does anyone in any state have the time on their lotto ticket?

Yes, you did receive a response.

Quote: Originally posted by interceptor on December 15, 2003

anyone have the time on tickets in any state?????????

Yes, Michigan prints the date and time on their online tickets of when the ticket was printed.

Good luck,
        Jake

thewiz's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
          Hamilton, IN
          United States
          Member #1860
          July 16, 2003
          336 Posts
          Posted: January 9, 2004, 7:54 am - IP Logged

No time on Ohio P3/4 Tickets

Anything is possible if you know a Wizard !

United States
            Member #379
            June 5, 2002
            11296 Posts
            Posted: January 9, 2004, 8:26 am - IP Logged

"Military time" is expressed as 0000-2359; no a.m. or p.m. or                  colon ":".

megamillionaire's avatar - Sphere animated_small_ neg2.gif
              Queens, NY
              United States
              Member #245
              April 15, 2002
              451 Posts
              Posted: January 9, 2004, 2:14 pm - IP Logged
              Quote: Originally posted by CASH Only on January 09, 2004

"Military time" is expressed as 0000-2359; no a.m. or p.m. or                  colon ":".

Military time doesn't need AM or PM. Anything after 1200.01 hours is PM. 1300 hours is ! PM. 0000 hours is midnight.

Megamillionaire

Time is a wonderful teacher, but it kills all its students.

A man must consider what a rich realm he leaves when he becomes a conformist.

hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
                Pennsylvania
                United States
                Member #1340
                April 6, 2003
                2450 Posts
                Posted: January 9, 2004, 2:23 pm - IP Logged

The date is important (to make sure that it is legit) but the time is optional... sure it would help in exact verifications in case of a dispute, but imagine you are a state that needs to keep ALL of the tickets from every terminal in a central database... skipping the time could lead to saving TERRABYTES of data storage expenses, depending on how long they must hold it...

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.

United States
                  Member #3004
                  December 11, 2003
                  248 Posts
                  Posted: January 9, 2004, 9:37 pm - IP Logged

the point im attempting to make is this/why does texas print the time across the"results" ticket when you ask for the results . but whenever you purchase a lotto ticket, the time is omitted? one would have to specifically program a computer or software to not give the time the ticket was purchased, right? so, why go through all that much trouble? why even bother? unless there is some reason some undercurrent weve missed perhaps some ulterior motive? visiondude please dont wack this post! anyway, if i were making software for someone, why would i bother to omit the time on one function,only one function out of all the functions the lotto machine does. only the ticket purchase function leaves out the time. i am well aware that "they" know what time it was printed.

Pennsylvania
                    United States
                    Member #1340
                    April 6, 2003
                    2450 Posts
                    Posted: January 9, 2004, 9:58 pm - IP Logged
                    Quote: Originally posted by interceptor on January 09, 2004

if i were making software for someone, why would i bother to omit the time on one function,only one function out of all the functions the lotto machine does.

1. There are more tickets sold than reports generated.

2. It is highly unlikely that just one programmer was involved.

I have a retailer friend who showed me what is printed out when you cash in a winner (my last $7 win on PB), that report had the time on it (24 hour clock-based, it said 1341, it was 1:41 PM...). What gets me is that they Don't print the time on the PA tickets, yet they print the annuity values of the PB, stupid 6 and cash 5 on each ticket (can't be ink they are saving).

I can't possibly imagine how this can be used to a player's advantage tho... I'm s-t-i-l-l waiting to hear how the julian date and pascal's triangle work together to give a winning number (already tried just the julian date, results not really impressive, the 111 system performed 2x better over time)

United States
                      Member #3004
                      December 11, 2003
                      248 Posts
                      Posted: January 9, 2004, 10:41 pm - IP Logged

what is your state lotto website hyper? so you understand the why? question right? my theory is that/ they pre-plan to patout 5 percent of the takings and, the machine sweeps by the  minute how much its taken in each minute. sose, it will deduce by the minute how to establish tier prize payouts all the way up to the last minute when it knows theres only a minute left, does it shut down the counter? whereas at 832pm it has a certain amount of payout going towards a certain number, lets say its a low payout "at that time". then around 1000pm the payout for that number increased by 80 percent, sose it says okay let that number fall through as long as no one else is riding that horse. but, if too many people are straddling that one horse,  then nonono!!!!!!!!!!

Pennsylvania
                        United States
                        Member #1340
                        April 6, 2003
                        2450 Posts
                        Posted: January 9, 2004, 10:54 pm - IP Logged

http://www.palottery.com