Welcome Guest
You last visited July 5, 2022, 7:41 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

neural networks and lotteries

Topic closed. 13 replies. Last post 18 years ago by visiondude.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
gabrielshear's avatar - 0001 0308-0609-5123_TN.jpg
maltese
Malta
Member #3295
January 9, 2004
5 Posts

i have read that neural networks are used to predict the weather, they use it to try to predict the stock exchange too.

so... if I could write a program to use a neural network to try and adapt and learn how to use the best play strategy for a lottery, would that be any good?

does anyone of you know how does a neural network work? can anyone help me?

if you want to create this as a joint project with me just private message me too!

thanks a lot.... however it would be nicer if we all shared all the information we had.

hypersoniq's avatar - binary
    Pennsylvania
    United States
    Member #1340
    April 6, 2003
    2450 Posts

I had toyed with this approach a few years back... never got anywhere... I'm game... I'll help where I can.

A Neural Network is defined well here...

http://www.cs.stir.ac.uk/~lss/NNIntro/InvSlides.html#what

I'm basically an idiot when it comes to neural networks, so I can't explain all the details (until I figure them out, which can take some time)... but I never did abandon pursuing them, just put them on the back burner...

What language do you program with?

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.

United States
      Member #2460
      October 7, 2003
      766 Posts

There are some programs for download on the net that use neural networks that do what you say and more look for them

as i have done several times before with a search engine but only one of them as far as i know is any good at all for lottery work there are also plenty of articles about neural networks.

They claim that neural networks can't help much with the lottery but i think that the problem is not so much neural networks themselves but people who don't know enough and can't make their programs do everything that they want them to do.

I think that neural networks are a try at programming a sort of artificial inteligence in to the software, they want to replicate the workings of the brain and nervous system, sort of like a self learning program or a program that can learn.

gabrielshear's avatar - 0001 0308-0609-5123_TN.jpg
        maltese
        Malta
        Member #3295
        January 9, 2004
        5 Posts

to hypersonique : I use rapidq basic.. which is very similar to the original qbasic but it has incorporated in it most of the windows advantages like separate windows, buttons etc.

Pennsylvania
          United States
          Member #1340
          April 6, 2003
          2450 Posts

I use Visual Basic 6 and Visual Basic .NET, Is Rapid Qbasic one that might be on the windows CD or is it a third party product?

Pennsylvania
            United States
            Member #1340
            April 6, 2003
            2450 Posts

Disregard my previous inquiry... I found Rapid QbasiC available as a free download for Windows or Linux at the following address...

http://www.basicguru.com/rapidq/index.html

Pennsylvania
              United States
              Member #1340
              April 6, 2003
              2450 Posts

OK, what's next?

Are you using any of the add-in dll files form the RQB site?

Sandy K's avatar - graphic pub.jpg
                Clarkston, Michigan
                United States
                Member #76
                January 6, 2002
                8528 Posts

You know lotto-winner, you irritated me when you post and post and post.................should have stayed in one area, made one post and I would have left you alone.  It just kinda seems like a desperation attempt.  Geez, I hope no one takes the bait fishing on this one.

Sandy

visiondude's avatar - eye3logo
                  light on my feet
                  United States
                  Member #356
                  May 20, 2002
                  2744 Posts

Quote: Originally posted by Sandy K on January 13, 2004

It just kinda seems like a desperation attempt.  Geez, I hope no one takes the bait fishing on this one.

in your mind,  you know someone will (and so does he).

it's a game of numbers.  these people prey on the gulliable, knowing that there are plenty in here that are?

they fish in a pond with many fish, knowing they will catch "some".  bummer isn't it?  glad we do have members that at least hold the "catch" to a minimum.

whats been shakin with you lately besides hibernating in your warm house?

"v"

"i am .........."meant to"       

P.S.,  that RJoH  is a stand up guy.  thanks,  vision

until further notice,  it's  france everyday

Clarkston, Michigan
                    United States
                    Member #76
                    January 6, 2002
                    8528 Posts

Oh, Dude, I have been shaking..........never stop moving, doll.

My other daughter came over last weekend and she is have a baby also...........2 grandkids both due in the 3rd week in August....Automatically, I go from none to 2 grandkids....<shaking head>.  My youngest is 28 so that is how long they waited to have kids.  On top of that, if they deliver on the same day, they will be at 2 different hospitals.  Life just isn't easy but I am eternally grateful to have a little Hannah or Zak running around. 

I hope you are doing okay healthwise.  I have never felt better.  Still exercising 45 minutes every day and that gets my blood pumping.  The lottery number predictions take about an hour.  And my art takes up the afternoon.  I hate winter and I never go out unless it's an emergency.  I was planning on going back to work in the Spring to keep busy but now with the babies on the way, I don't know what I will do.  Stay retired, I guess.  Maybe I will go back to playing some golf.  I am left handed and my husband sold my clubs in the divorce so I just picked up 3 clubs on Ebay last summer.  Maybe I will get a whole set (I will make him pay for selling them....lol)

You have been scarce lately?  What you been doing?  Can you golf in Atlanta at this time of year? What did you get for Christmas?  Well I caught up with you now you gotta catch up with me.

Sandy

light on my feet
                      United States
                      Member #356
                      May 20, 2002
                      2744 Posts

sandy,

glad to see that you are firing on all cylinders (lol).

you are so fortunate to being a future grandmother.  my kids are a ways off on that one but i already pre-warned them.  i told them that they might as well get used to the fact that their kids will love me more than them.  if you and your daughters need a little break, feel free to ship your grandkids fed-ex to me.          i guarantee a good time.

that was downright cruel that your husband sold your golf clubs.  i am surprised you remarried him (ha).  technically you can play golf year round here although it is on the cold side lately.  haven't been feeling well enough to chase my non intentional slice much.  too bad though because my son works at a private club and i can "chase" for pro bono.  i have a couple of times here and there for a couple of holes, but not enough to give jack nicklaus a run for his gulfstream.

it's been status-sameness at my casa,  but i frequent LP everyday.  you must be missing my posts here and there.  i have been "wrestling" a bit in here lately.  you know me. i gotta stand up when that opportunity dictates.

i got stiffed at xmas.  sandy you are a little older than me so i need your advice.  at what time in life does it ever switch where the kids look out for the parents?  i am growing a little tired of everything going thier way.  i would like a "present".  (ha ha/just kidding)

thats all i got.  hope it's good enough.

as always it does my heart good to see you full of life.  one foot in front of the other, and hopefully the twain shall never meet.

"V"

Clarkston, Michigan
                        United States
                        Member #76
                        January 6, 2002
                        8528 Posts

Visiondude, my children are or their spouses are engineers and make a really good salary in the 6 figures...............but when it comes to Christmas, we still outclass them.  Some day it may change.  Every year my husband says we are cutting back.  But I have to bribe them to come Christmas Eve so that they get to church.............no church........no presents...........my rule at Christmas.  Our first present Christmas Eve goes into the tray at God's House.

You wouldn't believe Christmas Eve...............there is a German tradition of the "Golden Pickle."  Whoever finds the Pickle in the Christmas tree gets an extra present ( which every year are lottery instant tickets).......we have a small Golden Pickle and a large Golden Pickle.........I am the timer.....my husband is the one who hides it...........and we start off by giving each person 15 seconds to find a "Golden Pickle."  Well of course no one found it then it goes to 30 seconds...............etc. etc., then at a minute, my son-in-law found it and then my son.  MY CHILDREN ENJOY THIS MORE THAN THE ACTUAL PRESENTS.............AND IT ONLY COSTS $10 PRIZE FOR THE LITTLE PICKLE AND $5 FOR THE LARGE PICKLE. Would you say we're a competitive family?

I wish you were feeling better.  I have you in my prayers.  You need to have a turn around as I did.  It feels good to feel good.  I was actually plowing snow today (10 inches of it total)............never thought I would be able to do that again........by the time my husband got home, I had it done...and 3 more inches expected tonight.  I AM NOT PLOWING TOMORROW.  We have a tractor with a blade and a snow blower but I prefer the tractor.  So much snow, the tractor just kept spinning it's wheels.....snow blower always blows snow in my face.  You are lucky you don't have snow............as I have said 100 times at least.........I hate winter.....

By the way, my husband kept his golf clubs..........lol.........just like a man.....You know he is just jealous because I used to always beat him.  We once lost a $100 bet because he wouldn't take a drop and shot the shot and screwed it up.............just like a man..........macho, ego........

Take care, my friend.

Sandy

Clarkston, Michigan
                          United States
                          Member #76
                          January 6, 2002
                          8528 Posts

Visiondude,

I thought you told me your son was soon to be in college.  I forgot to tell you this.  My nephew has a degree from Michigan State University in Golf Course Management.

I think some people didn't realize that degree is available.  He does the junk jobs right now but he is working at something he loves.  He found a job after graduation as quickly as I can snap my fingers so there is a demand.  I don't think the starting pay is that good but there is a future in it and perks are great.

Just thought your son might want to know.

Sandy

light on my feet
                            United States
                            Member #356
                            May 20, 2002
                            2744 Posts
                            Quote: Originally posted by Sandy K on January 14, 2004

You wouldn't believe Christmas Eve...............there is a German tradition of the "Golden Pickle."  Whoever finds the Pickle in the Christmas tree gets an extra present ( which every year are lottery instant tickets).......we have a small Golden Pickle and a large Golden Pickle.........I am the timer.....my husband is the one who hides it.

at the risk of sounding risque and going for the joke jugular i have to ask,  isn't this the game you played with your husband that LED to you having kids in the first place?  (lol at myself)

my computer is going out, so don't be offended if i don't reply.

"V"