Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 5:34 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

A new kind of lotto program?

Topic closed. 20 replies. Last post 13 years ago by dingley.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
Pennsylvania
United States
Member #1340
April 6, 2003
2450 Posts
Posted: January 17, 2004, 6:44 am - IP Logged
Quote: Originally posted by EXCALIBUR on January 12, 2004

I think that somebody should try to make a lottery program that could take a sort of snapshot of the winning lottery history of a game and keep this snapshot or matrix in memory and update it as new numbers come out,this matrix is like a sort of highway matrix of previous number moves, And decide on future numbers based on the total corelation of the previous numbers with each other in every possible (mathematical) angle or angles of relationship of all the numbers with each other this is of course immposible for a person but not for a computer with a special program to do this.
It might be like a sort of the next chess move based upon previous moves and tactics.
It might need a program that can do thousands or (Millions?) of cross related multiangle number analysis of all the previous numbers or at least of a section or sections of them.
This would be an atempt to uncover or to make mathematical logic out of chaos or lottery random processes.
All this, is probably crazy. What do you think?

You never know what may work... Speaking of angles, I have an excel graph for each position of the powerball (sorted order) that is basically a grid (1 thru 53 across for each white ball and 1 thru 42 across for the powerball). on each line the number drawn in that position for that drawing is highlighted and I used the excel LINE drawing tool to connect them. It is a quick visual reference, but not a precision tool for angles. I wonder if it would be better to redo it in AutoCAD, that way the angles could be precision placed and EXACT angular measurements made...

good luck with your idea, outside-the-box might be the better approach in the big picture.

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.

United States
    Member #2460
    October 7, 2003
    766 Posts
    Posted: January 17, 2004, 6:42 pm - IP Logged

I won't pursue the idea myself, i was wanted to put people to think about, it and maybe some body else might want to try something like that, but i won't do it, if i was a computer programmer and skilled enough then i would, i will not learn programming just to do this thing, if i decide to learn some programing it would be to do something much easier, the aforementioned program would probably be way too much for anybody and specialy me, some time ago i read that the maker of LottoMatrix3 the pick3 program made or used some such a program and it gave him the information that he used to create LottoMatrix3 it did analysis of the kind that i said above and it runned for days untill finally it gave results and based on that data he created LottoMatrix3.

Pendleton
      United States
      Member #3407
      January 19, 2004
      14 Posts
      Posted: January 19, 2004, 6:03 pm - IP Logged

There is no such thing as randomness.  And i would say that a computer is more random than the balls.  Computer randomness is based of white noise the computer produces.  And there are patterns.

Florida
        United States
        Member #526
        October 25, 2001
        127 Posts
        Posted: February 10, 2004, 8:56 am - IP Logged
        Quote: Originally posted by EXCALIBUR on January 12, 2004

I think that somebody should try to make a lottery program that could take a sort of snapshot of the winning lottery history of a game and keep this snapshot or matrix in memory and update it as new numbers come out,this matrix is like a sort of highway matrix of previous number moves, And decide on future numbers based on the total corelation of the previous numbers with each other in every possible (mathematical) angle or angles of relationship of all the numbers with each other this is of course immposible for a person but not for a computer with a special program to do this.
        It might be like a sort of the next chess move based upon previous moves and tactics.
        It might need a program that can do thousands or (Millions?) of cross related multiangle number analysis of all the previous numbers or at least of a section or sections of them.
        This would be an atempt to uncover or to make mathematical logic out of chaos or lottery random processes.
        All this, is probably crazy. What do you think?

A program like this "sorta" already exists.  WINHunter builds a "matrix" as you call it for each individual processor you add.  During back testing, this matrix is updated as if the draw did NOT occur, and previous draws are added to the mix.  You can view the back test results of ANY lottery based on this concept.  Also, each Filter subset of a group of filters can have it's own "matrix".  The filters are not bound to a particular set of history, and this each mtrix is allowed to operate independant of the other "matrixes".

WINHunter has alot of features that alot of users want.  The only problem is, there is a learning curve involved.  Most users expect to install software, point/click and win.  This is not the case.  Quick picks by far (so it seems) boast the most user wins.  But then again, most lottery players purchase quickpicks...

*Andrew*

WINHunter - Freeware Lottery Number Predicting software for the 21st century. NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART.

www.sourceforge.net/projects/winhunter

lottoshlep's avatar - super 7-top-over.jpg
          BC
          Canada
          Member #2120
          August 19, 2003
          258 Posts
          Posted: February 10, 2004, 12:23 pm - IP Logged
          Quote: O

if at first you don't succeed ... destroy all evidence you ever tried  Cool 

United States
            Member #3297
            January 9, 2004
            3 Posts
            Posted: February 12, 2004, 12:58 pm - IP Logged

Just a comment about EXCALIBUR's comments on randomness. You are quite correct in as much as all dvents could be predicted given enough computing power and input parameters. However, there are many systems that are so complex and as such are said to be unpredictable - these sytems are currently said to be random. One such example is radioactive decay where an atom may or may not decay in a given period of time. There is no current known method to predict this dvent and as such it is said to be random, However, I'm sure that in the future it will be known what causes the decay to occur and hence this system will no longer be considered a source of randomness. Other dvents that are so complex and are used as input to randomize systems are things like weather parameters. There are many more.

Back on the subject of balls in drums. If two runs are identical then the same balls will be drawn. The problem is that no one can predict when an identical run will occur as it depends on such things like, how long the balls are mixed, what order they were put in the drop mechanism, and the postions of the paddles etc. There are a few more parameters as well. Added together it gives a pretty good random system.  The problem is no one knows what the draw parameters are going to be for a particular run - that is what makes it random.