Welcome Guest
Log In | Register )
You last visited January 23, 2017, 3:52 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Basic Math and Trivia: Pick 3

Topic closed. 1 reply. Last post 13 years ago by Jorli D.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Avatar
Bemidji MN
United States
Member #3340
January 13, 2004
110 Posts
Offline
Posted: January 15, 2004, 2:09 pm - IP Logged

Most of you probably already know this.

The probability of winning a straight pick is 0.1%.

The probability of winning a boxed pick when two of the three numbers are the same is 0.3%. If all three numbers are unique, the probability is 0.6%.

The probability that the winning number will contain at least one low number (0-4) and one high number (5-9) is 75%. The probability that it will contain at least one odd number and one even number is also 75%.

There is a 72% probability that the winning number will consist of three unique numbers, a 27% probability that two of the three numbers will be the same, and a 1% probability that all three numbers will be the same.

There is a 15% probability that the sum of the numbers will equal 13 or 14, a 29.6% probability that it will total between 12 and 15, a 43.4% probability that it will total between 11 and 16, a 56% probability that it will total between 10 and 17, a 67% probability that it will total between 9 and 18, a 76% probability that it will total between 8 and 19, an 83.2% probability that it will total between 7 and 20, an 88.8% probability that it will total between 6 and 21, a 93% probability that it will total between 5 and 22, a 96% probability that it will total between 4 and 23, a 98% probability that it will total between 3 and 24,a 99.2 % probability that it will total between 2 and 25, and a 99.8 % probability that it will total between 1 and 26.

Given any three digit number where all three numbers are different, the probability of at least one number repeating in the next draw is 65.7%. If the number contains two numbers that are the same, the probability is 48.8%. If all three numbers are the same, the probability is 27.1%. Overall, the probability is 60.8% ( [0.72*0.657] + [0.27*0.488] + [0.01*0.271] ).

There is a 0.8% chance that the winning number will consist of three digits in sequential order, and a 4.8 % chance that it will consist of three sequencial digits in any order.

Since the inception of the Minnesota Daily Pick 3 on August 14, 1990 to the drawing of January 14, 2004, the following numbers have never won straight...093, 325, 397, 587, 631 and 957.

There are 168 prime numbers between 000 and 999. Of these 168, only three can be boxed and still remain prime...113, 199 and 337.

    Jorli D's avatar - nw saucyelf2.jpg
    Michigan
    United States
    Member #2448
    October 4, 2003
    26125 Posts
    Offline
    Posted: January 15, 2004, 2:37 pm - IP Logged

    Drinks are on me!