Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 9:06 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Need Help with Excel please

Topic closed. 1 reply. Last post 13 years ago by vick.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
Pennsylvania
United States
Member #1340
April 6, 2003
2450 Posts
Posted: January 19, 2004, 10:21 pm - IP Logged

interesting puzzle... I have tried so far using the autofilter and advanced filter with no success. If I find anything that works I will pass it on.

when I get stuck with excel, I sometimes go here to look for examples that may help... http://www.xl-logic.com/menu.html

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.

Canada
    Member #2859
    November 23, 2003
    463 Posts
    Posted: January 19, 2004, 10:54 pm - IP Logged

off the top of my head i would do this for each row of 5 digits, [replace the lookup_array with your 5 coloum row then copy this formula on down the rows of numbers] you can replace the 11, 22 & 32 by making them look at cell value that you can change to any numbers if you want

=if(and(iserror(MATCH( 11, lookup_array, 0)),iserror(MATCH(22, lookup_array, 0)),iserror(MATCH(32, lookup_array, 0))),1,0)

now when ever none of all three of those numbers are in that row of 5 numbers a 1 will be shown, otherwise if any of those number exists in that row a 0 will show up.

now all you do in the next 5 columns next to your 1 or 0 is say ok, if it's a 1 then put the 1st of the 5 numbers in this column, etc till you do all 5 etc etc