Welcome Guest
You last visited July 21, 2017, 6:24 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Seeding lottery picks

Topic closed. 3 replies. Last post 13 years ago by BobP.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
tdempsey's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
Atlanta, GA
United States
Member #3480
January 24, 2004
51 Posts
Posted: January 24, 2004, 3:00 pm - IP Logged

Hi!

I have a pick system I wrote and I'm missing one piece - seeding the draws.

One method I'm looking at is selecting a seed between 1-9 and I'm looking for a way to rate the numbers' chance of being selected. I have the rank from the last draws but need more ideas to determine the probability the number will come up in the next game.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Tom Dempsey

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    20097 Posts
    Posted: January 24, 2004, 6:27 pm - IP Logged

One way I rate numbers is to compare their recent history with their overall history.  For example if I have a history of 100 draws and a number normally hit once every 10 draws and has hit twice in the last 10 draws it as being twice as active as normal.

RJOh

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

kbcherokee's avatar - buffalo2
      Virginia
      United States
      Member #1712
      June 20, 2003
      1549 Posts
      Posted: January 24, 2004, 7:14 pm - IP Logged

Also look at what number it follows/hit's afterwards in previous draws. That can tell you a lot as to when the number will "hit" again.

Chief

May the warm winds of heaven blow softly upon your house. May  the Great Spirit bless all who enter there. May your mocassins make happy tracks in many snows. And may the rainbow always touch your shoulder.

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
        Dump Water Florida
        United States
        Member #380
        June 5, 2002
        3152 Posts
        Posted: January 25, 2004, 12:19 am - IP Logged

That's the one part everyone is missing, a single valid reason to pick any number over another.  It is easy enough to determine which number is most probable based on probabilty and its behavior, but because they switch the ballsets around the balls get dizzy and don't remember they are due to hit.

If you could find a method to select even a single number per draw that can be relied upon 50% of the time to be drawn it would be an amazing tool to work with for key number wheeling.  BobP