Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 5:20 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What's wrong with Virginia?

Topic closed. 3 replies. Last post 13 years ago by kbcherokee.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
poobear's avatar - praying hands.jpg
Virginia
United States
Member #3556
January 31, 2004
1 Posts
Posted: January 31, 2004, 7:54 am - IP Logged

I only play the lottery once or twice a month, but I like to look and see who wins and in what states.  It seems to me that Virginia lottery players never win.  When it comes to the Mega game, Virginians don't even win the second prize: $175,000.  People in other states always seem to win.  That's why I don't play much, it seems that Virginia tickets are never worth anything.

Anybody else think that or am I way off base?

kbcherokee's avatar - buffalo2
    Virginia
    United States
    Member #1712
    June 20, 2003
    1549 Posts
    Posted: January 31, 2004, 10:30 am - IP Logged
    Quote: Originally posted by poobear on January 31, 2004

I only play the lottery once or twice a month, but I like to look and see who wins and in what states.  It seems to me that Virginia lottery players never win.  When it comes to the Mega game, Virginians don't even win the second prize: $175,000.  People in other states always seem to win.  That's why I don't play much, it seems that Virginia tickets are never worth anything.

Anybody else think that or am I way off base?

It's not that Virginia ticket's aren't worth anything. It's probably the % of player's that buy ticket's versus the number of people in other states that buy. Meaning more people buy in other states therefore upping the odds of winning.

I agree though. It's time for a Virginian to win... Hmmmmm, I wonder if that someone could be me?

Chief

May the warm winds of heaven blow softly upon your house. May  the Great Spirit bless all who enter there. May your mocassins make happy tracks in many snows. And may the rainbow always touch your shoulder.

fja's avatar - gnome1

United States
      Member #91
      January 19, 2002
      11927 Posts
      Posted: February 2, 2004, 7:29 am - IP Logged

since megamillions began in May of 2002 Virginia has had 109 second tier prize winners.  32 in 2002 75 in 2003 and 2 in 2004! they are currently 5th in second tier prizes behind NY, NJ, OH, and IL.

"Everybody has to believe in something...I believe I'll have another beer!"   = W.C.Fields                      

kbcherokee's avatar - buffalo2
        Virginia
        United States
        Member #1712
        June 20, 2003
        1549 Posts
        Posted: February 2, 2004, 4:23 pm - IP Logged

fja:

I knew I could count on you for the "facts."

Thank's my friend, and good luck Tuesday & Wednesday.

Chief

May the warm winds of heaven blow softly upon your house. May  the Great Spirit bless all who enter there. May your mocassins make happy tracks in many snows. And may the rainbow always touch your shoulder.