Welcome Guest
You last visited January 16, 2017, 4:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

MY VIEWS ON Match 6

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 13 years ago by golotto.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #119
February 19, 2002
527 Posts
Posted: February 5, 2004, 1:26 pm - IP Logged

RE: The PA Match 6/49

First, they have reduced the amount of numbers from 69 to 49 and that's good.  But to me, doing so is a tacit admission that players got smarter and abandoned the 6/69 ripoff game.  Clearly, the 69 number field did not work for them.

Second, however, they lowered the Jackpot to $500,000 to be increased each drawing ONLY by an increment of $50,000!  This is a ripoff that will save them a ton of money.  Think about the other 6/49 Lottos you know whose jackpot is in the millions (the tickets for which only cost only ONE dollar).

Third, they DOUBLED the price of a ticket to $2.00!  Let's all resist this very sneaky way of doubling the cost of a 6/49 lotto ticket. 

My conclusions?  By doubling the cost of a ticket and having lower cash prizes, they will enrich themselves like they did when many were playing the 6/69 game.  It's a slightly modified 6/49 game with a much lower jackpot.

However, there is always the possibility that players will be happy to win the smaller cash prizes on a theoretically more frequent basis.  Nonetheless, I will keep on playing to see if I can win given the reduced odds.  Heck, winning $25. or $50. on occasion would be good to put gas in the car and recoup earlier losses.

hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
    Pennsylvania
    United States
    Member #1340
    April 6, 2003
    2450 Posts
    Posted: February 5, 2004, 2:18 pm - IP Logged

So far I have spent $10 on the first draw for a win of $11... $2 on the second draw for a hit of $7 (3 on one line + match 5 across the 3 lines) for a net profit of $6... I played 1 for tomorrow and plan on 1 for each draw next week... when that $6 is gone I am done because I can't justify $2 for ANY game when PB and cash 5 are only $1 (Cash 5 is 400,000 tonight BTW).

I would not have even played had I not matched 3 on that last stupid 6 draw for $44...

$2 is a bit much to ask when you only get to pick ONE of the 3 lines... anyone who has played the stupid6 can tell you how good PA automatic quick picks are...

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.

Wisconsin
      United States
      Member #1610
      June 3, 2003
      668 Posts
      Posted: February 5, 2004, 6:51 pm - IP Logged

hypersoniq...i was wondering how that last super 6 turned out. i think you said you bought $20 tickets for last ever draw so you more than doubled your money. doubling an investment is not bad!

... the lottery never fails to surprise!
        hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
        Pennsylvania
        United States
        Member #1340
        April 6, 2003
        2450 Posts
        Posted: February 5, 2004, 6:58 pm - IP Logged

LOL, too bad it took the end of a game to make it finally pay a little...

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.

Lotto Czar's avatar - sam
          Harrisburg, Pa.
          United States
          Member #3093
          December 23, 2003
          233 Posts
          Posted: February 6, 2004, 8:31 am - IP Logged
          Quote: Originally posted by hypersoniq on February 05, 2004

LOL, too bad it took the end of a game to make it finally pay a little...

Yep, that happened to me when Wild Card/All Cash Looto got replaced by Stupor 6.  Hit both drawings that week; OK so I won a dollar each time but a win is a win is a win.  As I said before, a game is only good if one wins at it. 

Congratulations again.  Hang in there

Since There were no other games on Thursday (and Monday) I decided to play my 2 sets in cash 5 last night, lo and behold, had two numbers and got a dollar.  Wow.  One more number and it would have been worth while. 

For all you others in Pa.  Keep playing.  In ten years, I get to get all those Senior benefits.  Yeah can ride the bus to work for free.  (Only kidding the free rides are on off peal hours)  PACE Program?  Hmmm.  Probably will get too much pension.  What the heck,  Hit it hard and retire now.  But I'd still come in to hang out at lunch time with my buds on Walnut Street.  And breakfast at the local (Colonial Park) Diner.

Other question:  I know this is the wrong place, but thoughts from Pa. regarding new $2 Lucky Birthday Instant game.  Hit rate of less than 4; (did anyone else notice that new scratch games have higher odds?)  Pay out of 65%, (good) top prize of $100.  That's good because it proves my slot knowledge that a lower top end prize has a better payout and hit rate.  Or not with scratch tickets, which are usually (State won't say this) about 60 to 65%)  Better than draw.  Been playing $3 Vegas, to hopefully win a trip (and embarass myself on TV--Good thing its on too late, when not many are watching--I'm asleep by then.  Or all you younger people are out cavorting-those were the days!).

So my thoughts are, I like the match 6.  So far i haven't won anything; but it deserves a chance next to instant games.  My other Lotto buddy says it's more like Keno.  At least the payouts are.

Good luck to all.

United States
            Member #434
            June 30, 2002
            675 Posts
            Posted: February 6, 2004, 8:50 pm - IP Logged

Match 6 rolls to $750,000 on Tuesday! Finally starting to pick up steam!

Wisconsin
              United States
              Member #1610
              June 3, 2003
              668 Posts
              Posted: February 6, 2004, 9:19 pm - IP Logged
              Quote: O
              ... the lottery never fails to surprise!