Welcome Guest
You last visited January 16, 2017, 4:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lottery Numbers

Topic closed. 25 replies. Last post 13 years ago by CASH Only.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Do you usually QP or choose your picks?

QP [ 6 ]  [13.64%]
choose [ 38 ]  [86.36%]
Total Valid Votes [ 44 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 6 ]  
four4me's avatar - gate1
MD
United States
Member #1701
June 18, 2003
8390 Posts
Posted: March 18, 2004, 8:43 am - IP Logged

I have a ticket made for the mega game the powerball game and the state lottery game the 3 tickets have the same numbers that relate to me or my family members. I play them every game regardless of what numbers were drawn in the last game it my sound weird but could you imagine not playing that special ticket and having your numbers hit. Heartbroken isn't a word that would describe how you would feel. Along with these tickets I play numbers I pick myself and I buy at least one quick pick. This way I fell I have all the bases covered. I hit some smaller prizes on all my special tickets and look forward to having all the numbers hit since all my special numbers haven't all hit before. Every ticket has just as much of a chance as hitting as every other ticket. Regardless of what numbers were played. I understand peoples motives to crack the games by using systems. It's just as probable that the system might pick many of the numbers you would have on your special ticket. History is the key I wouldn't play all the same numbers that hit in a past game. To date I don't think mega or powereball has repeated all the numbers in sequence twice yet. 

United States
    Member #1759
    June 29, 2003
    1156 Posts
    Posted: March 18, 2004, 8:51 am - IP Logged

Good approach to the game

whodeani's avatar - lightening

United States
      Member #2484
      October 9, 2003
      212 Posts
      Posted: March 18, 2004, 9:16 am - IP Logged

I know that people have won playing the same numbers for years and years but I don't think I would use that method. Even for a 6/36 game, there are 1,947,792 combinations which has a drawing every day. Each winning combination should come up once every 5336 years! That could be a long time to wait for your numbers to come in. The wait could be much longer with a game like Powerball or Mega Millions when you are dealing with 53 numbers and there are only 104 drawings per year.

four4me's avatar - gate1
        MD
        United States
        Member #1701
        June 18, 2003
        8390 Posts
        Posted: March 18, 2004, 12:28 pm - IP Logged

whodeaniwrote; I know that people have won playing the same numbers for years and years but I don't think I would use that method. Even for a 6/36 game, there are 1,947,792 combinations which has a drawing every day. Each winning combination should come up once every 5336 years! That could be a long time to wait for your numbers to come in. The wait could be much longer with a game like Powerball or Mega Millions when you are dealing with 53 numbers and there are only 104 drawings per year.

I repeat since no one know exactly what numbers are coming out it doesn't matter if you use the same set of numbers on every ticket for every game, every day, week, or month. It has just as much of chance of hitting as every other persons ticket. Now on the other hand if your special tickets numbers have hit say 4 out of 5 or 5 out of 6 then I would consider changing a few numbers but for the most part the set you originally made are still good for future draws or a different game.

No matter what the odds are the machine doesn't know what numbers you have. The machine doesn't care what numbers you have. The only thing that matters is if you chose the right numbers. You win and if not try again.

whodeani's avatar - lightening

United States
          Member #2484
          October 9, 2003
          212 Posts
          Posted: March 18, 2004, 1:31 pm - IP Logged

Yes it is true that any set of numbers has just as good chance as any other set of hitting. The problem is that when you continually use the same set of numbers you will have number combinations a lot of the time that are less likely to hit than others. The numbers you have picked may all be cold numbers at the time in which case you will have almost no chance of winning because more hot numbers tend to be drawn than cold numbers. Likewise, you may have all hot numbers picked in which your chances would be better but it is rare that all hot numbers are drawn. If you have a good balance of both then you may want to play the same numbers for a while. My only point to the post above was that to have the best chances of winning you should in my opinion adapt your number picking as the game you are playing itself changes.

United States
            Member #1759
            June 29, 2003
            1156 Posts
            Posted: March 18, 2004, 1:41 pm - IP Logged

Exactly that's why it takes so long for a continually played number set to come up.Your number selections could be the MOST LESS LIKELY to be drawn instead of the MOST LIKELY to be drawn numbers.Every player that plays the same set of numbers always winds up waiting

anywhere from 3-10 yrs for them to hit.So it's quite obvious that there numbers are usually way at the bottom of the NUMBERS DUE TO HIT LIST.

four4me's avatar - gate1
              MD
              United States
              Member #1701
              June 18, 2003
              8390 Posts
              Posted: March 18, 2004, 2:50 pm - IP Logged

I buy into everything you guys are saying but there is know way of knowing whether a cold number will hit or a hot number will not. Cold numbers are in many ways due numbers as hot numbers will die off or fall back. This whole mystery that numbers are somehow connected from drawing to drawing is crazy. How many times have you played hot numbers only to see cold numbers be drawn and vise versa. Sure you could track numbers based on history and probability. Which is what I have been doing I get at least 2 most of the time and many times I pick 3 numbers? However for a buck I play my special ticket. Say you have a cold list a hot list and a luke warm list of numbers and you pick and choose. The numbers drawn could be all hot all cold all luke warm or any combination thereof. There is no way of knowing for sure and no lottery program that will pick em for you. ( well maybe) it would. You just have to hope you made the right choices based on probability. I would say a good list of wheeled numbers should pull some results but again were back to a probability factor. Many players that have won say they have played the same numbers for years without results. Then they hit it big using the same number set. If I played the same numbers for twenty years and all of the sudden won a couple million dollars. I would be as happy as a frog on a log. Especially knowing that my numbers set was bound to happen.  

United States
                Member #1759
                June 29, 2003
                1156 Posts
                Posted: March 18, 2004, 3:55 pm - IP Logged

Your correct your not looking for a DIRECT connection between the numbers but numbers based on there draw activity that are least likely to be drawn so they can be eliminated.I don't play Hot and Cold numbers there to

erratic to select in a consistant manner so I look for methods that use Random Probability in a Statistical manner and doesn't require any guessing.

Columbia City, Indiana
                  United States
                  Member #2978
                  December 9, 2003
                  381 Posts
                  Posted: March 18, 2004, 6:42 pm - IP Logged

Here's a method I've recently started using for Powerball, with some success:

I play three combinations of my own selection, and twenty QP's. The quick-picks give me one hundred numbers in the white (5 numbers) field. When I get home, I go through my tickets to see which numbers I don't have in the QP's; I don't include my own combinations. It's amazing how many numbers are duplicated on twenty lines. I list the missing numbers on a slip of paper and wheel them. If I need another number to complete the wheel, I choose the one that appears least often in the QP's. This doesn't happen often, though. Then I go back to the store and buy three or four  tickets with the new numbers. I've hit four numbers ($100.00) several times with this strategy, and hit three numbers with the Powerball ($100.00) twice. Granted, these wins won't alter my lifestyle, but it's nice to finally win something after all these years.

I realize that most people don't have $25 or $30 to spend on every drawing, and I'm one of them, so I don't even play Powerball until the jackpot reaches $85 million or more. I keep a separate checking account for lottery funds, so the money is always available when I do decide to play.

Try it on paper for a while. You'll be surprised at the results.

Good luck...

Come, Pinky; we must prepare for tomorrow night...

Jim

four4me's avatar - gate1
                    MD
                    United States
                    Member #1701
                    June 18, 2003
                    8390 Posts
                    Posted: March 18, 2004, 6:58 pm - IP Logged

Jim695 wrote: I list the missing numbers on a slip of paper.

I have done something similar to that buy Q pics and pulled out the missing numbers fill in a couple tickets with those numbers. Works! sometimes. Like you no big hits but I got my purchase money back. And if I don't hit that's all I care about is getting back what I paid out.

Good luck in future draws$

United States
                      Member #379
                      June 5, 2002
                      11296 Posts
                      Posted: March 23, 2004, 10:45 am - IP Logged

Very one-sided, just like cash v annuity...