Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 3:06 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Certainty and Prediction

Topic closed. 21 replies. Last post 13 years ago by emilyg.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
Pennsylvania
United States
Member #1340
April 6, 2003
2450 Posts
Posted: February 20, 2004, 6:58 pm - IP Logged
Quote: O

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
    Member #14
    November 9, 2001
    31343 Posts
    Posted: February 20, 2004, 7:36 pm - IP Logged

so .... how are you?

love to nibble those micey feet.

Australia
      Member #3084
      December 22, 2003
      328 Posts
      Posted: February 20, 2004, 11:19 pm - IP Logged

Ion

I first came across you some 2 years ago. Had a look at your gambling equation and have not concluded as yet that your flamboyance exceeds your substance. (I'm feeling kind today.)

Having said that the thought also ran through my mind if only this guy knew how to express himself like Bertrand Russell.

While we talking about the Universe did you know that the number of known Constellations (the Milky Way with Billions of Stars being one) exceeds the numbers of grains of sand on this earth.

Another thought: those people who listen for patterns in signals from Space to indicate some intelligence- well I thought maybe they would be pretty good at working something out with Lotto Histories.

Randomness - where would we be without it.

Regards

Colin

United States
        Member #14
        November 9, 2001
        31343 Posts
        Posted: February 21, 2004, 9:41 am - IP Logged
        Quote: Originally posted by IonSaliu on February 20, 2004

<P class=Msonormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3>Emilia:

<P class=Msonormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman"> <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

<P class=Msonormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3>You should never ask me such a questionunless you are a forest.. For I can be as fiery as one of those egg-shaped asteroids I was speaking of. I aint threating nobody of arson now. But you playing with that Rolling Stones vinyl: Dont Play With Me Cos You Play With Fire. Youd better predict (almost) absolutely certainly lava flooding!

<P class=Msonormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman"> <o:p></o:p>

<P class=Msonormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3>When predicting, allow for margins of error.

<P class=Msonormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman"> <o:p></o:p>

<PRE><FONT face=Arial>Ion Saliu</PRE><PRE><FONT face=Arial>---------------------</PRE><PRE><FONT face=Arial> <FONT face=Arial>"The Philosophical Science of Winning"</PRE><PRE><a target=_blank href= "http://www.saliu.com/"> face=Arial color=#0000ffhttp://www.saliu.com/</A></PRE><PRE><FONT face=Arial>" The Home of the Best Lottery, Gambling, and Scientific Freeware</PRE><PRE><FONT face=Arial>Software. Don't you pay a penny for anything else!</PRE><PRE><FONT face=Arial>---------------------</PRE><PRE><FONT face=Arial> </PRE>

ion - thank you -   emilia     dimunitive   emilka

Dowser's avatar - pendule

United States
          Member #947
          December 24, 2002
          95 Posts
          Posted: February 21, 2004, 4:02 pm - IP Logged

Cashtown, PA   I just had a nice lunch at the Cashtown Inn (It is haunted big time). I had two Jim Beam and Pepsis, the crab and asparagus soup, a crab cake sandwich, coffee and strawberry cake....it really is a small world.

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
            Stone Mountain*Georgia
            United States
            Member #828
            November 2, 2002
            10491 Posts
            Posted: February 21, 2004, 5:13 pm - IP Logged

Dowser,

Two profound religious experiences on the same thread.....what are the odds of that happening? LOL 

The only real failure .....is the failure to try.                               

Luck is a very rare thing....... Odds not so much. 

Odds never change .....but probability does. 

Win d    

United States
              Member #14
              November 9, 2001
              31343 Posts
              Posted: February 21, 2004, 6:15 pm - IP Logged

i have a profound religious experience everytime i visit ion's site. my head spins.

United States
                Member #2460
                October 7, 2003
                766 Posts
                Posted: February 21, 2004, 7:43 pm - IP Logged

Ion

Contain Yourself, What will people think?

Not that You really care, or should care of course, if I told people about everything that I think about and believe in, they would surely call me mad, in other words just an averge person, on a world where most people are half gone, if You know what I mean, I used to be sane, in a world where everybody is insane, that probably means crazy.

If I only had cosmic awareness and the understanding that I would need, if I did.

But I do have a certain small portion of that, in some ways a bigger portion than many people have.

To a mind, it is the center of everything as the only perspective that You can have is from Yourself out and everything is for your benefit, but at the same time is chaos or chaotic, because it's out of Your voluntary control for the most part, including your body to some degree as it doesn't completely obey you in all things, as to our mind, we like to think that we are in total control, but we really are not, so it is also chaotic to some degree, not a very pleasant situation for he who appears to be ( To himself)  the center of the universe and for whom everything should had been made for.

But, we didn't ask to be, or did we?

Reality is a personal thing, the universe started to exist when you did, and it will cease to exist when you do.

To some extent, reality is what you make of it and to other you are what reality makes of you.

To be or not to be, as if we had a choice.

The universe and reality exsist in the mind only, because everything is of the mind, so the mind is the ultimate unknown, everything else is nothing.

The mind is the creator, everythings stems from it, but not realy, because everthing is contained in the mind, everything, there is no sush thing as out, everything is in, the mind is the total, there is nothing else.

Well! Ion, and you thought that you was a little off?, I guess that You haven't seen anything yet.

Never say never.

Have a nice day, and please take no offence.

Good bye.

Australia
                  Member #3084
                  December 22, 2003
                  328 Posts
                  Posted: February 22, 2004, 6:47 am - IP Logged

This thread seems to be a bit of a break from the main menu and I'm happy to keep it moving along.

You know whenever the word God comes up I'm inclined to ask -

Did God(s) as we know and understand them exist before Mankind?

Now, where was I . Ah, that's right got to mow the lawn.

Regards

Colin

Pennsylvania
                    United States
                    Member #1340
                    April 6, 2003
                    2450 Posts
                    Posted: February 22, 2004, 10:16 am - IP Logged

What's missing here is Visiondude's counterpoint..... I hope he returns soon...

So what if you can prove mathematically the non-existence of God(s).

Agnostics underestimate the Social and psychological benefits of a belief in a higher power...

1. EVERY culture has a deity, and also those among it who reject that deity... why? because it is too horrific to contemplate that when you die, it's all over... that's the ultimate universal fear, one the masses will never openly embrace. There is comfort in faith.

2. BELIEF in attaining one's eternal reward (or return trip) is what keeps everyone from killing eachother, empowers order over anarchy... there are also laws and other contributing factors, but religion has been quite the handy bit of social engineering throughout the ages. It is accountability that makes religion good for the masses, on the flip-side, look at suicide bombers and radicals who believe killing and dying will get them to their own "heaven"... it is a powerful tool that can be misused...

there are many arguments for and against... but none of that really has anything to do with the lottery...

Lotto Czar's avatar - sam
                      Harrisburg, Pa.
                      United States
                      Member #3093
                      December 23, 2003
                      233 Posts
                      Posted: February 23, 2004, 6:41 am - IP Logged

i'M CONFUSED:  WHAT DOES ANY OF THIS HAQVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING THAT RESEMBLES A LOTTERY? 

sounds like good eats in Cashtown.  Where exacty (what county?) is that?  [Philly?]

China
                        Member #3032
                        December 16, 2003
                        1081 Posts
                        Posted: February 23, 2004, 7:06 am - IP Logged

God is power of nature.lottery is power too but it belongs to devil.

United States
                          Member #14
                          November 9, 2001
                          31343 Posts
                          Posted: February 23, 2004, 9:17 am - IP Logged

goose - i'm going to get on a slow boat to china and set you straight.

NYC
                            United States
                            Member #2988
                            December 10, 2003
                            237 Posts
                            Posted: February 24, 2004, 8:36 am - IP Logged

Good grief, Ion descends from the clouds to address mere mortals. Did someone bring a calf to roast?

Ion, have you read this?

Pennsylvania
                              United States
                              Member #1340
                              April 6, 2003
                              2450 Posts
                              Posted: February 24, 2004, 8:46 am - IP Logged

Wolfram is a genius... Mathematica is a great program... So is MatLab and MathCAD...