Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 2:39 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Does GOOSE Get your Goat?

Topic closed. 52 replies. Last post 13 years ago by Dowser.

Page 1 of 4
PrintE-mailLink

How many times has Goose raked your nerves?

Never [ 10 ]  [25.00%]
Sometimes [ 15 ]  [37.50%]
All the Time [ 12 ]  [30.00%]
Hardly Ever [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Who's Goose? [ 3 ]  [7.50%]
Got Goose? [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Total Valid Votes [ 40 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 11 ]  
Charlotte
United States
Member #3733
February 16, 2004
153 Posts
Posted: March 1, 2004, 11:30 am - IP Logged

The infamous Goose?  Some may know him as a know it all smart mouth.  Have you encountered the Goose?  If not, you soon will.

Coming to a theatre near you - THE PASSION OF THE GOOSE

United States
    Member #2460
    October 7, 2003
    766 Posts
    Posted: March 1, 2004, 12:33 pm - IP Logged

He is very young and as much as he knows and he does know more than just a few things.

Yes, in spite of all his prediction problems, he is mathematicaly highly inteligent.

He still has quite a few things to learn and I am not so much talking about the lottery, but about other things, such as  proper behavior, as to his english, he is doing much more better and should keep on improving.

In spite of getting on many people's nerves, by posting so much, he is very well meaning and if he could really help others, he really would.

He is basically a nice, but missunderstood person.

As much as he knows, he needs to make an effort to learn much more, so he can help others win the lottery as he has been trying so hard to do as Lottoking and as Goose.

Everything takes time, we are all here to teach him proper manners and in return maybe one day he will  help us win the lottery games.

Bye.

EXCALIBUR is no more that "Handle" is dead, gone.
    Maybe sometime in the future I might come back as LANTERN again, but maybe not, if I don't come back as LANTERN in the future then I won't come back at all, but as I said there is no more EXCALIBUR.

Charlotte
      United States
      Member #3733
      February 16, 2004
      153 Posts
      Posted: March 1, 2004, 1:52 pm - IP Logged

How young is he (which is no excuse) and what makes you think he's so intelligent?  Just curious.

Dowser's avatar - pendule

United States
        Member #947
        December 24, 2002
        95 Posts
        Posted: March 1, 2004, 3:41 pm - IP Logged

I find Goose refreshing. I say he should get a break because, as Excalibur mentioned, he is young.

Plus, I add, he is from a different culture than most of us. (and it's gotta be hard being gay in China)

I like the chinese sense of humor...having been exposed to it in Malaysia.

So sayith Dowser.

Party on Goose....and here is a link you might enjoy:

http://grillflame.com/forums/

(check out "The Lottery Group")

Tendered for your approval by a kinder and gentler, Dowser

NYC
          United States
          Member #2988
          December 10, 2003
          237 Posts
          Posted: March 1, 2004, 4:55 pm - IP Logged

It's not like he's committed a crime. Everyone is annoying sometimes. (Don't get me started on unsolicited PMs!) I'd rather have him than not have him.

I've found it necessary to add this signature line: My posting is not an invitation to send me a private message.

four4me's avatar - gate1
            MD
            United States
            Member #1701
            June 18, 2003
            8359 Posts
            Posted: March 1, 2004, 6:55 pm - IP Logged

I sense he is a young sensitive care free kind of guy with a great gift in math. Not as familiar with our culture as he thinks he is. He is a chameleon as he appears in different forms (screen names) I don't think he knows that it is easy to figure out when he changes form. He has racked a lot of people nerves in the past but is improving socially. Undoubtedly he will mature and grow into a fine person. Possibly even master the alluring dream of becoming a millionaire. 

Tx_Mega_Player's avatar - spider
              BIG D Texas
              United States
              Member #2539
              October 16, 2003
              148 Posts
              Posted: March 1, 2004, 6:57 pm - IP Logged

Goose gets on my nerves about as much as "Cash Only". I mean really, is it necessary to post the same opinion a thousand times. We get it already - you think states should offer the cash value option. Enough already!!!! And why do you care how other people are paid. I happen to also think that states should offer the cash value option - but you won't see me posting the same opinion over and over and over and over and over and over and................................................................................

....................................................................................................................................

.....................................................................................................................................

...............................................................................over and over and over...

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
                Member #14
                November 9, 2001
                31337 Posts
                Posted: March 1, 2004, 7:03 pm - IP Logged
                Quote: Originally posted by Millennium on March 01, 2004

It's not like he's committed a crime. Everyone is annoying sometimes. (Don't get me started on unsolicited PMs!) I'd rather have him than not have him.

why don't you just block the sender(s).

love to nibble those micey feet.

repat's avatar - praying hands.jpg

United States
                  Member #3738
                  February 16, 2004
                  34 Posts
                  Posted: March 1, 2004, 7:11 pm - IP Logged

He's not a girl?

Australia
                    Member #3084
                    December 22, 2003
                    328 Posts
                    Posted: March 1, 2004, 7:14 pm - IP Logged

He does "get on my gander" a bit. Is that an American expression too? Nothing sexist intended.

I put his frequency of Posting down to wanting to have the Most Postings Record. With all the congratulations to the current record holder I think you may have spurred him on. I dare not say anthing political and hope others don't too as he obviously enjoys expressing himself if somewhat a little exubrently.

Goose

Don't be too offended; just moderate your rate of Posting to a reasonable level. I'm in roughly the same time zone as you and I have seen your name occupying all places on the Home Page.

While on the subject of criticism I'm still waiting for someone (other than the experts in probability who have laughed and deferred to someone else) to calculate the figures that would make a mockery of my outrageous claim of getting 300% to 400% better than random selections.

Here's your chance to win some glory, Goose. Bristle those feathers, stretch your neck out and go for it.

(Odds are Odds but if you play the game you should know your odds.)

Regards

Colin 

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
                      Member #14
                      November 9, 2001
                      31337 Posts
                      Posted: March 1, 2004, 8:47 pm - IP Logged
                      Quote: Originally posted by repat on March 01, 2004

He's not a girl?

repat - are you goose??

love to nibble those micey feet.

four4me's avatar - gate1
                        MD
                        United States
                        Member #1701
                        June 18, 2003
                        8359 Posts
                        Posted: March 1, 2004, 8:51 pm - IP Logged

He is a chameleon as he appears in different forms (screen names) I don't think he knows that it is easy to figure out when he changes form.

New Jersey
                          United States
                          Member #3457
                          January 22, 2004
                          248 Posts
                          Posted: March 1, 2004, 9:12 pm - IP Logged

I wouldn't say he get's my goat.

I think he's/she's/it's merely incoherent.  Most of the time I barely have a sense of what he/she/it is trying to say, but whatever it is, I'm sure it's not really interesting to me.  I just ignore him/her/it.

Columbia City, Indiana
                            United States
                            Member #2978
                            December 9, 2003
                            381 Posts
                            Posted: March 1, 2004, 9:12 pm - IP Logged

Okay, I'm up for this, although I can't see any value to this thread, since it's not really lottery related, but only an invitation to a personal attack on a fellow member.

Despite whatever Goose's physical age might be, in my opinion he has contributed a great deal to this forum and openly shared his ideas and experiences. You never have to wonder about his ulterior motives; Goose calls 'em like he sees 'em, and I like that. I would rather someone tell me directly what's on their mind, good or bad, than go behind my back and flame me with useless and idiotic polls that serve no purpose.

If someone who disagrees with your opinions gets on your nerves, that's your problem; don't drag the rest of us into it. Goose is entitled to his shortfalls, as any of us are. If the main argument is simply that he's youthful, I would surmise that if we all try to remember what we were like way back when, we might not be so quick to criticize. If it's spelling or grammar you're complaining about, puh-leeze... most people on this forum post as though we're writing an email to a close friend, so why not include us in your little data collection?

Those of you who know me will appreciate the following story; those who don't can post a poll and flame away...

Years ago two opposing tribes inhabited the same remote island, which was covered by a thick jungle. The king of the Red Tribe had a solid gold throne in his grass hut, and the king of the Blue Tribe wanted it desperately. The Blue King would stage sporadic raids on the Red kingdom, killing a few at a time. Sadly, as the years went by, the Red faction was diminished to a point where they could barely defend themselves against these attacks. The Red King decided there was only one course of action; he would hide his throne and retreat into the jungle with his remaining subjects until it was safe to return. He tied a long vine around the gilded prize and had it hoisted high into the trees above his hut, and went to live on the other side of the island. Several years went by and word finally came that the Blue King had died, so the Red King gathered his subjects and returned home. He couldn't wait to resume his coveted seat, and ordered some men to remove the roof of his hut and lower his throne to the floor. The roof was taken off in short order and carefully laid aside. Five of his strongest warriors climbed a tree to lower the throne, as it was very heavy, and the king stood below to ensure its proper placement. When the men in the tree grabbed the vine, though, it suddenly snapped, having been weakened by years of sun and rain. Standing below with upraised arms, the king received his throne just as suddenly, and was instantly killed.    

The moral of this story?

People who live in grass houses shouldn't stow thrones.

A word to the wise...

China
                              Member #3032
                              December 16, 2003
                              1081 Posts
                              Posted: March 2, 2004, 5:01 am - IP Logged
                              Quote: Originally posted by OpenMinded on March 01, 2004

The infamous Goose?  Some may know him as a know it all smart mouth.  Have you encountered the Goose?  If not, you soon will.

Coming to a theatre near you - THE PASSION OF THE GOOSE

openminded,

do you have  neurosis?I can handle your problem.If you have a problem to me or anyone here,I can cure you,including personal abuse and social anxiety and domination.

goose