Welcome Guest
You last visited January 18, 2017, 2:57 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Self-Service Terminals

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 13 years ago by keystonechas.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

Are you in favor of self-service lottery terminals?

Yes [ 12 ]  [75.00%]
No [ 3 ]  [18.75%]
Yes, but you have to prepay. [ 1 ]  [6.25%]
Yes, but you pay afterward. [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Total Valid Votes [ 16 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 1 ]  
DoctorEw220's avatar - alien helmet.jpg
Yinzer Country, PA
United States
Member #4067
March 18, 2004
2741 Posts
Posted: March 25, 2004, 6:57 pm - IP Logged

Why not take this poll?

DoctorEw220's avatar - alien helmet.jpg
    Yinzer Country, PA
    United States
    Member #4067
    March 18, 2004
    2741 Posts
    Posted: March 25, 2004, 6:58 pm - IP Logged

Feel free to post your reasoning for your vote.

Columbia,Pa
      United States
      Member #3522
      January 27, 2004
      372 Posts
      Posted: March 26, 2004, 2:24 am - IP Logged

Yes I'd use them.

If I remember correctly the state of Texas was to start a limited use of these ATM type of machines. Retailers would love them. Less work for them.

How many times have you gone into a convenience store and waited while the store owner rang up gas, quart of milk, etc. for other customers? Yes lottery players would like them too. Fast and convenient.

Pre pay. Thats a no brainer. I can't see that changing. You give the retailer your money, or in this case the machine, and you receive your ticket.

Play responsibly and have fun,  Chas 

joyjoy8's avatar - friends
        Houston Texas
        United States
        Member #371
        November 30, 2000
        587 Posts
        Posted: March 26, 2004, 8:37 am - IP Logged

No, Definitely not. It's just like the self- serve cashiers we all see in the supermarkets and building supply stores . These self- serve machines cut down on JOBS for people. The retailers are paid a cent or so for every slip they run , once they install the machines it will cut into the profit of the small retailer. I am all for convenience and I don't like waiting in lines, however we are as a people becoming to automated, to our own detriment. These are jobs that teens and college students need. These jobs prepare our youth and help economy.

In Texas, they take in millions each day on the pick 3 . the usual amount of winners are in the thousands, they make a clear profit. The machines are designed to cut out the retailer and increase their profit. Which I oppose........JOY

(just my opinion)

Columbia,Pa
          United States
          Member #3522
          January 27, 2004
          372 Posts
          Posted: March 26, 2004, 3:03 pm - IP Logged

Greetings Joy,

I can't see the machines cutting down on retailers profit. Their profit margin is set by the state lottery. In Pennsylvania self-serve scatch ticket machines are all over the place. Store owners love them.

I agree with you Joy about the supermarket  cashiers. I never use self checkout lanes, but the convenience store employee thats another matter. The only time you see a employee manning a lottery machine 100% of the time is when the Powerball game gets into the millions.

Have you ever seen  and heard the grumbling as the non lottery customers waits in line while someone gets $30.00 of 50 cent tickets? Lets seperate the lottery player from the non lottery customer. Everyone will be much happier.

Chas