Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 1:02 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Doubles Analysis Texas Midday Pick 3

Topic closed. 2 replies. Last post 13 years ago by Clipper.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Texas
United States
Member #1477
May 7, 2003
2311 Posts
Posted: March 30, 2004, 4:04 pm - IP Logged

Just completed an analysis of all Doubles that have played in Texas Midday since 2-3-2003. 

There have been 88 Doubles/Triples since 2-3-2003.  Of those games there have been 36 instances where 1 or more digits repeated from a prior game as part of the Double.  This is only a 41% repeat rate which is considerably less then the overall repeat rate of 60-62%.

I also looked at the repeat rate between Double games as I keep a database for nothing but Doubles & Triples.  There have been 31 instances of repeats from a prior Doubles/Triples game which is slighlty less then the aforementioned 41% rate.

Of the 36 cases where there was a repeat digit it was pretty much 50/50 as to whether the digit that repeated was the single digit in the Double or the actual digit that did double.  This was a 17 to 16 game ratio.  There were 9 cases where the digit that doubled came over 5+ games out and five cases where all 3 digits came 5 or more games out.  There were 23 out of the 88 games where 1 digit came 5 or more games out so the digit that did play from within the first 4 games was the one that Doubled.

In conclusion it appears that when a Double plays the majority of the digits will come from within the most recent 4 games as there were 50 instances out of the 88 games where ALL digits did come from the most recent 4 games.

A final note on the makeup of the Doubles games.  If you divide the 10 digits into pairs (sort of like Vtrac for Doubles) with 0-1, 2-3, 4-5, 6-7, 8-9 you will have an overwhelming majority of the Doubles to be comprised of digits from 2 different sets of numbers.

Poway CA (San Diego County)
    United States
    Member #3489
    January 25, 2004
    14120 Posts
    Posted: March 30, 2004, 4:33 pm - IP Logged

Most of what you have found is not unusual.  Remember that when a double comes up there are only 2 different digits whereas the previous, non-double, had 3.  Your discovery about the most recent 4 games is what I pointed out to another member when he was talking about selecting numbers from 5 to 7 draws back.  Glad to see someone else agrees with me!

I think that what you have discovered is very much as what happens in California and other states, too.  But, thank you for the research and your time to post your findings.  I think it takes a combination of "methods" to get winners at the Pick 3. 

Texas
      United States
      Member #1477
      May 7, 2003
      2311 Posts
      Posted: March 30, 2004, 4:41 pm - IP Logged

I found it interesting that there was an even higher probability of all 3 digits in a Doubles coming from within the most recent 4 games then 1 or the other coming 5 or more games out. 

As far as the repeat rate I was curious as to how many doubles happend from a previous game whether it be Doubles or not and finding it appears it's a toss up as to whether that digit is the one that doubles or not.  Was really hoping for a wider split then that for some pattern lol

I figure what I found is pretty much the norm for other states as well although I plan on doing one for South Carolina as a comparison.  Takes a bit of the "wonder" out of the game when you have some statistics to go on <G>