Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 5:13 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Buying Tickets??

Topic closed. 9 replies. Last post 13 years ago by jam boogie.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Lottotwister's avatar - drow

United States
Member #539
August 5, 2002
168 Posts
Posted: March 31, 2004, 7:54 pm - IP Logged

Do you tend to buy your tickets at the same store or do you jump around from store to store? I buy my tickets at a certain store because they don't tend to ask questions. Some stores that I have been to try to get all in your business asking 20 questions you gonna spend how much on those numbers. You must not be married!! Its none of their business how much I spend. Thats why I go to the store who don't ask questions. Whats your take on this.

Twister.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23277 Posts
    Posted: March 31, 2004, 8:01 pm - IP Logged

Wow, I totally agree!  I can't stand when people get too personal asking about your wager, prizes, etc., etc.

I try to play at one particular a store, where I really like the owner (and the people who work there).

Check the State Lottery Report Card
    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
      Member #14
      November 9, 2001
      31364 Posts
      Posted: March 31, 2004, 8:14 pm - IP Logged

one store - they know me and i like them. leave my slips - go about my day and pick 'em up on way home.

love to nibble those micey feet.

starchild_45's avatar - spherewall2
        kent, washington
        United States
        Member #3509
        January 26, 2004
        465 Posts
        Posted: March 31, 2004, 9:54 pm - IP Logged

i just buy them any where i please. i purchase the maximum draws i can get. i don't worry about the clerk asking me to remember them. it doesn't bother me.

Lotto Czar's avatar - sam
          Harrisburg, Pa.
          United States
          Member #3093
          December 23, 2003
          233 Posts
          Posted: April 1, 2004, 6:34 am - IP Logged

Probably at the same store, and at the same time; every Monday I get my week's worth of tickets.  Instants out of a machine when I can.  A tip:  when using a vending machine , make sure no one else gets too close --espically little kids who watch you put in money and run up behind you and push buttons.  Boy, did their mother get mad at me when I yelled at them.  Fortunately it was only a dollar ticket.  Unfortunately, I lost.

mrmst's avatar - disney14
            Glen Burnie, MD
            United States
            Member #427
            June 27, 2002
            208 Posts
            Posted: April 1, 2004, 8:03 am - IP Logged

I buy my tickets at the same place all the time.  I head up an office pool which plays Mega Millions and Powerball.  We live in a MM state (Maryland) so we buy those tickets 1 drawing at a time.  The liquor store where I buy them has very good machine operators who get it right all the time.  We usually buy 50 tickets or so, and if I buy them somewhere else sometimes I get 50 individual ticktes instead of 10 $5 tickets and that makes it harder to scan the tickets for distribution to the members. 

As for Powerball, I have to go out of state (Pennsylvania) so I only do that once every 2 weeks and buy for 4 drawings at a time.  The operator at that store knows me and knows how to do multiple draws - other places don't have a clue because they don't get asked to do that often.

MrMST

Good luck and have a Disney Day ºoºHiding Behind Computer

Slovakia
              Member #3545
              January 30, 2004
              39 Posts
              Posted: April 2, 2004, 4:17 am - IP Logged

I prefer online bying ..esp. I can play other lotteries, not only my domestic lottery

Wheeler's avatar - Lottery-023.jpg
                Pittsburg, Ks
                United States
                Member #3382
                January 17, 2004
                81039 Posts
                Posted: April 2, 2004, 4:46 am - IP Logged

I go to 2 places to buy by lottrery tickets and neither store asks me questions on how much i am spending. Both stores are friendly

Lotto Czar's avatar - sam
                  Harrisburg, Pa.
                  United States
                  Member #3093
                  December 23, 2003
                  233 Posts
                  Posted: April 2, 2004, 7:19 am - IP Logged

I, too head up the Offfice Pool where I work; (hence my Handle), and we work it differently.  Everyone in the Pool takes their turn. 

But I do agree, it helps to know the clerks.  And you have to tell them exactly what you want.  Now I don't know how to do their jobs, but a few have been known to get mad at me, like it's my fault that they can't give me the right tickets. 

It pays to just give them the computer card/betting slip  Even for quick picks.

Patronize freindly stores only.

jam boogie's avatar - peace
                    PEACH STATE
                    United States
                    Member #3510
                    January 26, 2004
                    26 Posts
                    Posted: April 2, 2004, 7:38 pm - IP Logged

I can deal with some of the questions, some of time, but what gets my goat in the state I live, is the show of disrepect.  In some locations, you must wait until everyone that's not playing lottery finish before the teller will pay any attention to you. That's not right! So, yes, I purchase my tickets at places that shows a little courtesy.