Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 12:39 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

powerball odds 2

Topic closed. 13 replies. Last post 13 years ago by rundown99.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Phila., PA
United States
Member #4289
April 9, 2004
2 Posts
Posted: April 9, 2004, 5:23 pm - IP Logged

What I MeantT Was, If I But One Quick Pick #(01,02,03,04,05:33) To Last 26 Straight Drawings(4-10-04, 4-14-04, ETC.) Or Three Quick Pick # To Last 10 Draws(4-10-04, 4-14-04, ETC.) Which Has The Best Overall Odds? Also Would I Be Better Off Getting My Quick Picks Though The Store Or Off A Lotto Program(Lotto Hat, Lotto Pro)?

Jake649's avatar - scene sunovermountains.jpg

Canada
    Member #2673
    November 2, 2003
    497 Posts
    Posted: April 10, 2004, 4:44 am - IP Logged

That is the same question as before and therefore the same answer applies. 30 tickets is better than 26 tickets.

If you meant to ask: 3 quick picks over 10 draws or 1 quick pick for 30 draws. Then my answer is 1 ticket for 30 draws is better by a very, very small margin.

Good luck,
    Jake

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19825 Posts
      Posted: April 10, 2004, 1:26 pm - IP Logged

Also, buying one ticket for 30 games rather than buying three tickets for 10 games gives you a better feeling because you are in the chase a lot longer (you can't win unless you play).  It's not just about winning, if you're just spending $1 per game, it's about dreaming and hoping that you'll get lucky and that feels good, the longer the better.

RJOh

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
        Pennsylvania
        United States
        Member #1340
        April 6, 2003
        2450 Posts
        Posted: April 10, 2004, 1:32 pm - IP Logged

each ticket is good for only one dvent...

The 10 draw scenario, your odds are 3:120,526,770.00 for 10 draw dvents... cost $30 ($60 with power play)

The 26 draw scenario, your odds are 1:120,526,770.00 for 26 draw dvents... cost $26 ($52 with power play)

I would take the one QP over 26 draws because then the dvent you are trying to match has 26 times to happen rather than 10... as you can see, there is no significant odds reduction playing 1 ticket vs. 3 (odds not meant to be a reduceable fraction)

There is one and only one way to reduce odds in powerball, and that is to play 42 tickets, each one having a separate powerball from 1-42, this will genuinely reduce your odds from 42:120,526,770.00 down to 42:2,939,677.32... that's the basis for a wheel I'm working on now, but it's a long development road before the whole thing will be ready for prime-time...

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19825 Posts
          Posted: April 10, 2004, 1:47 pm - IP Logged

Actually when you play Powerball, you are playing 2 lotteries, one is 1:42 and the other is 1:2,869,685.  Playing all 42 powerballs gives you 42:42 or 1:1 odds of picking the  the right power ball and 42:2,869,685 of picking the right combination of five, but the odds of picking both the right powerball and the right combination of five together is 42:120,526,770 or 1:2,869,685.

RJOh 

Evil Looking       

United States
            Member #4260
            April 5, 2004
            52 Posts
            Posted: April 12, 2004, 4:32 am - IP Logged

Maybe not two lotteries from another aspect of view

You add the powerball to 5 balls and its like a pick6 lottery.When you work out the result of pick6,Just select 2 balls from 6 as powerball DEPENDING ON a effective method or analysis.When 6 balls have one  powerball and 4 balls ,This way can guarantee a 4+1 of 5000$ FAR more than 4+0 of 100$ the way you figure out the result separating the powerball apart from other 5 .Besides,it could take the advantage of multiplier to turn 5000$ to 25,000$ and 100$ to 500$ at most.,you could have won more  20,000$.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19825 Posts
              Posted: April 12, 2004, 7:37 am - IP Logged

hot lotto,

Do you actually play any U.S. lotteries?

RJOh

Evil Looking       

hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
                Pennsylvania
                United States
                Member #1340
                April 6, 2003
                2450 Posts
                Posted: April 12, 2004, 4:28 pm - IP Logged

Hot Lotto... in 12 of 158 drawings, the powerball matched a number in the white balls... thereby making analysis as a pick 6 invalid because pick 6 lotto numbers cannot ever repeat in the same drawing... even though it's only 7.6% so far, it still can happen.

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.

United States
                  Member #4260
                  April 5, 2004
                  52 Posts
                  Posted: April 12, 2004, 7:59 pm - IP Logged

Everyone could play four U.S.Lotteries at biggamelottery.com online and when polls are set up,it would work more effective.

New Jersey
                    United States
                    Member #3457
                    January 22, 2004
                    248 Posts
                    Posted: April 12, 2004, 8:11 pm - IP Logged
                    Quote: Originally posted by Jake649 on April 10, 2004

That is the same question as before and therefore the same answer applies. 30 tickets is better than 26 tickets.

If you meant to ask: 3 quick picks over 10 draws or 1 quick pick for 30 draws. Then my answer is 1 ticket for 30 draws is better by a very, very small margin.

Good luck,
                    Jake

I concur.
                      RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19825 Posts
                      Posted: April 12, 2004, 8:26 pm - IP Logged

hot lotto,

You are confusing the word poll with the word pool,  you must not be from the U.S.  You also need to read the rules of the games if you think the powerball is a pick6 game.

RJOh

Evil Looking       

United States
                        Member #4260
                        April 5, 2004
                        52 Posts
                        Posted: April 12, 2004, 10:02 pm - IP Logged

No,I am not confusing the two.,My Lottery poll with  the prediction could be voted and the predcition could be brought by the people if they want to.The poll is set up to know better of how the lottery pool runs.The pool is just to be done thru a poll way for free.And I collected worldwide lotteies and the rule how to play all of them.Just check my post.

Where I come from is least important and I would not be willing to let people know who I am and where I am from.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          19825 Posts
                          Posted: April 14, 2004, 7:13 am - IP Logged
                          Quote: Originally posted by hot lotto on April 13, 2004

Where I come from is least important and I would not be willing to let people know who I am and where I am from.

Your foolish talk will always tell people who your are.  It's like a finger print.

RJOh

Evil Looking       

rundown99's avatar - cigar

United States
                            Member #567
                            August 14, 2002
                            482 Posts
                            Posted: April 14, 2004, 7:25 am - IP Logged
                            Quote: Originally posted by hypersoniq on April 10, 2004

There is one and only one way to reduce odds in powerball, and that is to play 42 tickets, each one having a separate powerball from 1-42, this will genuinely reduce your odds from 42:120,526,770.00 down to 42:2,939,677.32... that's the basis for a wheel I'm working on now, but it's a long development road before the whole thing will be ready for prime-time...

OR you could play 42 combinations,  each having the same red powerball, and if you match the red powerball, that's 42 chances at  1 in 2,939,677.32 (Am I explaining it right???).  It's a big risk, but that's what playing the lottery is all about:  big risks and big rewards.

Smart lottery winners form trust to claim their winnings.  They send an attorney to the lottery headquarters to claim the prize in trust, so that ONLY the name of the trust is revealed.  And they tell NO ONE, especially relatives.

If you ever win a lottery and you are single, the only person you should ever marry is someone who was truly in love with you BEFORE you won the jackpot!