Welcome Guest
You last visited August 18, 2017, 7:49 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Win Doubles-Learn them-Play them

Topic closed. 11 replies. Last post 13 years ago by EXCALIBUR.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #2460
October 7, 2003
766 Posts
Posted: April 13, 2004, 2:54 pm - IP Logged

Many of us have thought that it's harder to win doubles than straight wrong it should be much easier, it's fewer of them and they pay more money too if you play them any-order, once you learn how to play and win them, you will want the lottery people to put more and more of them as they are doing now, once you win on them that is all that you will want, doubles and more doubles the more of them the more money that you will win, would not it be nice if there were only doubles, all the money that we could win by playing them, double as much as with singles.

Keep track of them and learn how to win if you play them.

EXCALIBUR is no more that "Handle" is dead, gone.
Maybe sometime in the future I might come back as LANTERN again, but maybe not, if I don't come back as LANTERN in the future then I won't come back at all, but as I said there is no more EXCALIBUR.

Jani Norman's avatar - fiftyways
    OHIO
    United States
    Member #4164
    March 27, 2004
    14586 Posts
    Posted: April 13, 2004, 3:05 pm - IP Logged

Everything you say is true, i've won them in quick pics, and just by luck. But i do luv the fact that they pay out more money for them.

Texas
      United States
      Member #1477
      May 7, 2003
      2311 Posts
      Posted: April 13, 2004, 3:38 pm - IP Logged

Actually back to back doubles is not an uncommon dvent.  Neither is triple back to back Doubles.  I dont have the data to go back in years to check, however, the Texas website has data for years 2002, 2003 and present 2004.

In looking at this information I saw in 2002 there were lots of triple back to back Doubles but not as many during 2003.  In each year 2002 and 2003 there was one case of quadruple back to back Doubles and they both happend during the month of May.

This past 2003 we went from December 2003 until January 2004 for a 26 day period without any Doubles at all.  This is a rare dvent but I didnt check such happenings for year 2002 or 2003.  Perhaps the long dry spell of Doubles and lack of triple back to back doubles in 2003 just let up to the "sooner then expected" quadruple in May and resulted in a 5 sequence for April instead?

Either way, I totally agree with you about playing doubles for easier and better pay off because of the 3 straights compared to 6 straight of 3 different digits. 

When I play Doubles I usually dont go for the Any Order at a $1.00 but rather a 50 cent combo.  Reason being I would rather spend the extra 50 cents and cover all possibles if I think the double is really going to hit.  I would prefer this also to a 50 cent Exact/Any Order for the same reason.  If it hit I would rather have a $250.00 then a "possible" $250 and only win up with $90 instead when I could have spent the extra 50 cents and gotten $250.00.  This wouldnt be possible if I tried to play all possible doubles however with a little tracking strageties it would be possible.

For instance if consideration was given to the fact that Doubles that Sum 11-20 will generally play twice as often as Sum 0-10 and Sums 0-10 will generally happen twice as often as Sum 21-27.  This was my finding in recent analysis of Doubles for the Texas Midday for period of 2-2003 to sometime this past March 2004.

Another factor is PURE Doubles compared to 2E/10 & 2O/1E.  There are 120 exact Pure Doubles compared to 150 exact 2/1 split.  In my Doubles database since 2-2003 I have 94 Doubles with 43 of those Doubles being PURE games.  this is not quite a 50/50 ratio but close.

Another factor to consider after review of my doubles database is the majority of the digits in a Doubles game will still come from within the most recent 4 games the same as any other Pick 3 game.  My analysis was showing that there were more cases of 3 digits in the double that plays coming from within the most recent 4 games then a 2/1 split.

Poway CA (San Diego County)
        United States
        Member #3489
        January 25, 2004
        14120 Posts
        Posted: April 13, 2004, 4:54 pm - IP Logged

I like doubles also, because I can play only 3 tickets (STRAIGHT) and cover all bets!!  We can't do all that fancy stuff like other states.  We are limited to $1 number.  We can play straight (which pays about $500 - $600 except triples pay about half that), box which is the 6-way or 3-way, but pays the same, or straight/box.  With the straight/box you are actually playing 50 cents on straight and 50 cents on box, so if you miss the straight, you get 1/2 of the box payout.  A box usually pays about $100 for a $1 bet.

So, when I get in the mood to play a double like 344 which I have been playing on and off lately, I play 344, 434, and 443 all straight tickets.  $3 bet, but can expect about $500, if I hit!

I'm not telling most of you anything new, but did this for those that are fairly new to the pick 3.  I hope they see what I'm doing and can profit by it.  We all have a favorite double or two, if we really think about it!!  I was born in March, 1944..so you can see why the 344!!

Texas
          United States
          Member #1477
          May 7, 2003
          2311 Posts
          Posted: April 13, 2004, 5:13 pm - IP Logged

Here in Texas our choice of bets is 50 cents, $1.00 and $5.00 on Any Order, Exact, Any Order/Exact or Combo.

If you play the Any Order/Exact and bet 50 cents it per type.....for total cost of $1.00.  Or...if bet $1.00 a $2.00 cost or $5.00 for a $10.00 Cost.  Same with Combo you pay the amount "per"  straight.  Combo would probably be "boxed" in other states because you play every possible sequence.

It pays off $250.00 for every 50 cents....$500 for a $1.00 and $2500 for $5.00 for the EXACT.

Any Order 50 cent gets $40.00, $1.00 gets $80.00.  For Doubles you get the same pay out per the Exact, however, an Any Order for $1.00 pays $180.00 and half that for a 50 cent Any Order.

Omaha, NE
            United States
            Member #2787
            November 15, 2003
            329 Posts
            Posted: April 13, 2004, 5:34 pm - IP Logged

I don't like doubles!!

Never Will!!

Daily

DailyPick3

Texas
              United States
              Member #1477
              May 7, 2003
              2311 Posts
              Posted: April 13, 2004, 5:49 pm - IP Logged

DailyPick3....believe you were short and to the point! lol  I could grow to love Doubles if they would keep laying every 3-4 games without long stretches of 10 or more when you least expect it <G>

United States
                Member #3489
                January 25, 2004
                14120 Posts
                Posted: April 13, 2004, 5:56 pm - IP Logged

Sometimes I wish California had all those options and especially the fixed payouts.  I was looking back at the triple payouts and 000 paid less than $300!  Of course, I know the fixed payouts can really hurt the lotto like the 1111 in PA!  The fixed payout was $5000 and there were 1,100 winners!!  The PA lottery did not like that one!!

Texas
                  United States
                  Member #1477
                  May 7, 2003
                  2311 Posts
                  Posted: April 13, 2004, 6:01 pm - IP Logged

Yikes....bet they changed their payout method after that lol

United States
                    Member #3489
                    January 25, 2004
                    14120 Posts
                    Posted: April 13, 2004, 6:42 pm - IP Logged

I don't know if they changed anything, but I guess you can get a voucher and take it to a bank to get paid.  The banks were running out of money and turning people away.  One guy had TWO winning tickets and there were 50 people in line ahead of him.  They stopped paying before he got up to the teller.  I guess he went to another bank or came back another day!

Texas
                      United States
                      Member #1477
                      May 7, 2003
                      2311 Posts
                      Posted: April 13, 2004, 6:53 pm - IP Logged

Oh my goodness lol  Talk about shades of the Great Depression....with run on the banks!

United States
                        Member #2460
                        October 7, 2003
                        766 Posts
                        Posted: April 13, 2004, 8:04 pm - IP Logged

Like daily pick3 I have not liked doubles either YET.

But as soon as I study them some and start adding them to the singles and 1 triple, then if I do it right and start winning, you can be sure that I will start liking them.

EXCALIBUR is no more that "Handle" is dead, gone.
                        Maybe sometime in the future I might come back as LANTERN again, but maybe not, if I don't come back as LANTERN in the future then I won't come back at all, but as I said there is no more EXCALIBUR.