Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 4:13 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Maybe an upgrade this evening

Topic closed. 1 reply. Last post 13 years ago by Jorli D.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
Chief Bottle Washer
New Jersey
United States
Member #1
May 31, 2000
23274 Posts
Posted: April 15, 2004, 12:54 pm - IP Logged

I'm testing the new server platform for Lottery Post right now.  Things appear to be going fairly well, so I may be doing a cutover to the new servers this evening.

If that's the case, it will mean that Lottery Post will go offline for maybe 30 minutes or so, while I move the entiire database to the new server, do some testing, and then turn it back on.

Also, if you use an ISP like AOL (or similar) -- especially ISPs that like to cache pages from Web sites -- then you may need to refresh your pages.  Things may be a little wierd for you for a couple of days until your ISP catches up with the new server.  Hopefully that won't be the case, but you never know.

I will keep the old server running, and I'll put a forwarder on the old site, just in case.

If you experience any strange problems after the upgrade, please send me a note using the Contact Us page.

This upgrade is a very important step for the site as it continues to grow, and is something I have been working on for months.  I've been taking lots of pictures along the way, so hopefully I'll be able to produce a "making of" page showing how it all happened.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Jorli D's avatar - nw saucyelf2.jpg
    Michigan
    United States
    Member #2448
    October 4, 2003
    25909 Posts
    Posted: April 15, 2004, 2:33 pm - IP Logged

Thank you