Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 11:12 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Super 7

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 13 years ago by Jake649.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #3676
February 10, 2004
425 Posts
Posted: April 22, 2004, 11:12 am - IP Logged

What is up in Canada.  Last super seven jackpot was 25 million and it was hit by 4 people and now the jackpot is 30 million.  I should hop in the car and drive to windsor to get some.  I have always had a dream of hitting encore and one day I will!

Chris

Jake649's avatar - scene sunovermountains.jpg

Canada
    Member #2673
    November 2, 2003
    497 Posts
    Posted: April 22, 2004, 1:39 pm - IP Logged

The reason the jackpot is at $30 million even though it was won last week is because it is a bonus jackpot. With Canadian lotteries, unclaimed money is used to fund bonus jackpots, unlike many other jurisdictions that keep unclaimed money.

Because it is a bonus jackpot, the jackpot will rise to only $32.5 million if it is not won on Friday. This always causes a lot of questions. Why does it go up only $2.5 million when it went up $5 million the previous draw. The answer is only bonus jackpots are fully funded. The other draws go up a default $2.5 million until they are fully funded by sales.

Take the drive to Windsor and good luck.

Jake

DoctorEw220's avatar - alien helmet.jpg
      Yinzer Country, PA
      United States
      Member #4067
      March 18, 2004
      2741 Posts
      Posted: April 22, 2004, 2:22 pm - IP Logged

i do like that idea.  i think powerball should use the match 5 bonus to fund bonus jackpots instead, but then again, when is powerball going to reach a new record next?

I've redone my website.  Go to www.dr-ew.com.  I kept a lot of the old stuff, and I've added some new stuff.  Look for more new stuff in the coming weeks.

repat's avatar - praying hands.jpg

United States
        Member #3738
        February 16, 2004
        34 Posts
        Posted: April 22, 2004, 5:19 pm - IP Logged

May be once or twice a year .

United States
          Member #3676
          February 10, 2004
          425 Posts
          Posted: April 22, 2004, 6:03 pm - IP Logged

How many bonus jackpots will they have? They have added about 50 million to these two jackpots.  No taxes and a fair game, who the hell wouldnt play it.  God forbid US states would ever help the player like that.  US states just change the games to make them seem better with bigger jackpots, but little do most people realize that the odds are worse.  For once I wouldlike to see a state add payback percentage.  Its marginal cause that would increase sales to bring ever more revenue.  Why anyone bother betting the pick 3 and pick 4 when the payback is 50-60% is unreal, go to an offshore website that is reputable that pays 90% on state lotteries. 

Jake649's avatar - scene sunovermountains.jpg

Canada
            Member #2673
            November 2, 2003
            497 Posts
            Posted: April 24, 2004, 8:41 pm - IP Logged

The Super 7 $30 million bonus jackpot on April 23 was won. One winning ticket.

Sales were relatively low at just under 29 million tickets. This contributed to the highest expected value to date for the Super 7 lottery at 73%.

The previous record expected value was 70% for the $30 million draw on Jan 30, 2004.

In contrast, the $30 million Super draw on April 11, 2003 had high sales at 38.3 million and therefore a lower expected value of only 67%.

Good luck,
            Jake