Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 7:22 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Short-term PowerBall trend?

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 13 years ago by plnwebguy.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
ayenowitall's avatar - rod serling4.jpg

United States
Member #4416
April 22, 2004
1075 Posts
Posted: April 25, 2004, 6:25 am - IP Logged

The PowerBall for 4-21-04 was 27.  The PowerBall for 4-24-04 was 28. Is it just barely possible that 29 could come up in the next draw on 4-28-04? This probably defies all science and methodology of popular systems, but I've cashed some very good bets at craps, roulette, and horse racing by recognizing and leveraging short-term trends such as this. Has anyone else had similar experiences? I'll certainly be including 29 as one of my PowerBall selections in the next draw. Good luck to all!

hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
    Pennsylvania
    United States
    Member #1340
    April 6, 2003
    2450 Posts
    Posted: April 25, 2004, 7:59 am - IP Logged

sure, it could be a short term trend... as could 27, IF 28 is the center number in a mirror-image pattern, which has also happened before in the PB draw history...

from 8/13/03 to 8/27/03, the powerball numbers were (in order)

32    07    15   07    32

the number 26 was the only draw to draw repeat (2/19/03 and 2/22/03)

in the 162 game history of the PB's current setup (5/53 + 1/42), numbers have appeared in an ascending sequence  6  times, there are no triple ascending sequences (or triple descending sequences either) which means 29 would make the first if it is drawn.  (32-33....01-02....03-04....05-06....31-32 and the recent 27-28) Of all of the numbers, I find the powerball the hardest one to pick...

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.

Columbia,Pa
      United States
      Member #3522
      January 27, 2004
      372 Posts
      Posted: April 25, 2004, 9:05 am - IP Logged

hypersoniq wrote;" there are no triple ascending sequences (or triple descending sequences either)"

For that very reason I won't play #29. Past game history tells you alot, if you take the time to look and analyze. 

Play responsibly and have fun,  Chas

United States
        Member #4416
        April 22, 2004
        1075 Posts
        Posted: April 25, 2004, 12:04 pm - IP Logged
        Quote: Originally posted by hypersoniq on April 25, 2004

"Of all of the numbers, I find the powerball the hardest one to pick..."

Actually, I've had fairly good luck at hitting the PowerBall itself, but I've had a lot of trouble with getting numbers from the 5/53 pool to go along with it on the same line. The PowerBall game is one tough nut to crack.

United States
          Member #4416
          April 22, 2004
          1075 Posts
          Posted: April 25, 2004, 12:36 pm - IP Logged
          Quote: Originally posted by keystonechas on April 25, 2004

hypersoniq wrote;" there are no triple ascending sequences (or triple descending sequences either)"

For that very reason I won't play #29. Past game history tells you alot, if you take the time to look and analyze. 

Chas, I agree that past game history can tell us a great deal, but we also have to recognize that history is made on every draw of any given game. So, do we look for all games to conform strictly to their past history, or do we try to anticipate the making of history? If we expect them to remain true to the past, then it should be relatively easy for some of us the win the big one...lol. The balls have no memory, and 162 draws under the present PB format is hardly representaive of the myriad possibilities or probabilities. I think we stand a better chance by looking to the future.

Lately, I've been working with chaos theory and modified Fibonacci sequences, but I must confess that my best results have come through dumb luck and QuickPicks. I wasn't really suggesting that there was anything scientific or exceptionally likely about the chances of 29 being drawn as the next PowerBall; I've just seen those kinds of streaks occur in my gambling experience. They're just flukes of chance, but they do happen. As I said in my initial post, I've cashed quite a few nice bets by keeping my eyes open for such short-term trends.

In the final analysis, cashing a winning ticket beats the heck out of all the science, theory and methodology in the world. I'd rather be lucky than smart any day. And there's a lot to be said for intuition, too. ;-) Good luck!

hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
            Pennsylvania
            United States
            Member #1340
            April 6, 2003
            2450 Posts
            Posted: April 25, 2004, 12:54 pm - IP Logged

if you want to see some "magic"... separate the data into wednesday draws and saturday draws, then look at the number of repeats in the white balls from 1, 2, 3 and 4 draws back... I'm trying to concoct a wheel based on these dvents (repeats or not repeats) and overlaying that with the ranges for wednesday draws (smaller than the overall ranges). Trying to catch all of the numbers several times along with all 42 PB numbers... reserved for actual play until the JP exceeds 150M... and only on wednesdays... I am still trying to populate the list... it could be time to try it next wednesday if nobody wins the next 2 draws...

What methods do you use to narrow down the powerball?

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.

United States
              Member #4416
              April 22, 2004
              1075 Posts
              Posted: April 25, 2004, 6:53 pm - IP Logged
              Quote: Originally posted by hypersoniq on April 25, 2004

What methods do you use to narrow down the powerball?

Frankly, I've not arrived at a tried and true method for homing in on the PowerBall. Sometimes I'm just lucky and I always try to play at least one QuickPick with my selections. I'm really not a big fan of analyzing historical trends in order to determine upcoming numbers. The balls have no memory and the little bit of historical data we have to evaluate is a woefully inadequate amount when you consider that the probabilities and possibilities of jackpot games range well into the millions; consequently, that data seems more misleading than insightful.  I do try to keep an open mind about anything that might give me a clue. I watch for emerging patterns, I make progressions on my number selections based on hits and misses within each group, and I'm constantly developing mathematical number sequences. My work in the field of logistics involves lots of numbers, so sometimes numbers just jump out at me during the course of the day. (Hey, I actually once dreamed and played the winning daily-double numbers at Churchill Downs.) That's not very scientific, but as I said, I do try to remain open to the possibilities. When I stumble across something that seems to work, I try to stay with it until it fizzles out. My "methods" seem better suited to the 5/53 pool, but I can't seem to coordinate those results with my luck at selecting the PowerBall. I guess synchronicity just can't be forced...lol. Best of luck to you!
                plnwebguy's avatar - binary

United States
                Member #3680
                February 11, 2004
                187 Posts
                Posted: April 28, 2004, 9:48 pm - IP Logged

I've noticed that lately for both PB and MM a lot of times the numbers from the past few weeks usually repeat.  For example, early on in April there was what I called March Madness for MM - there were quite a few draws where 3 or 4 of the balls drawn in March were drawn again. 

So for tonight's draw, I'll test out the theory by wheeling (on paper) the numbers for PB from April minus the ones from the very last drawing (because they don't often repeat).  Here are the white balls (22 of them):

1, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 11, 16, 20, 26, 29, 30, 32, 34, 37, 38, 41, 42, 43, 47, 48, 51

My second pick revolves around the ball drop pattern (20 white balls)

7 - 11, 33 - 42, 49 - 53

PB for both picks - 35

plnwebguy

plnwebguy's avatar - binary

United States
                  Member #3680
                  February 11, 2004
                  187 Posts
                  Posted: April 28, 2004, 11:15 pm - IP Logged

Actual Numbers - 27, 34, 42, 49, 52 +23

2/5 on the previous month method, 4/5 on the ball drop pattern method, 0/1 on the powerball.  I think I'll forget the first method and work on the powerball instead :)

plnwebguy