Welcome Guest
You last visited January 17, 2017, 9:54 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Welcome to the Mathematics Forum!

Topic closed. 27 replies. Last post 13 years ago by JKING.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
johnph77's avatar - avatar
CA
United States
Member #2987
December 10, 2003
832 Posts
Posted: May 6, 2004, 10:36 pm - IP Logged

Great idea, Todd - ty.

Blessed Saint Leibowitz, keep 'em dreamin' down there..... 

Next week's convention for Psychics and Prognosticators has been cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances.

=^.^=

hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
    Pennsylvania
    United States
    Member #1340
    April 6, 2003
    2450 Posts
    Posted: May 7, 2004, 9:17 pm - IP Logged

Thanks Todd...

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.

cadl's avatar - animal doggy2.jpg
      Austin
      United States
      Member #1559
      May 23, 2003
      228 Posts
      Posted: May 16, 2004, 10:22 pm - IP Logged

kudos again todd; have been trying to incorporate fibonacci into into a prediction tool, but would have never dreamed of inquiring in the forum for fear someone would want to know what his sign was; the first click in this new math section and there his name is. good work as always

Seeker's avatar - japheth
        New York
        United States
        Member #4407
        April 21, 2004
        326 Posts
        Posted: June 16, 2004, 10:05 pm - IP Logged

Can anyone help me? how do I know which number is the key number in  the pick3 ...for example the pick 3 eve was 950....how can I know which of the number will be in the next draw........

LottoFan's avatar - nw sorc2.jpg
          Arizona
          United States
          Member #4595
          May 6, 2004
          57 Posts
          Posted: June 18, 2004, 1:17 pm - IP Logged

I have been examining wheel formulas, and have observed this from several websites:

Covering Design/Wheeling Formula Explanation -- C (v,k,t,m,l,b)

C  = Covering Design, Wheel

v  = total numbers (ie. 49)

k  = numbers per ticket (ie. 6)

t    = minimum hit size (ie. 2)

m  = if within the v-(total numbers) have maximum hits (ie. 6)

l    = guarantees how many times t-minimum hits will occur within the design (ie. 1)

b  = bound or number of tickets (>= 1)

Example: C(49,6,3,6,1,168) = A wheel (with 49 nbr,6 nbr per ticket, min hits 3, if within total numbers have 6 hits, quantity of 3 hits =1, with  168 tickets )

It would seem that the goal is to produce the least amount of tickets with the stated amount of hits.

My question is, has anyone been able to use this formula?  I dont mean, do you have a wheel program and do you use it? 

Does   anyone actually use this formula?  Which software do you use to calculate this formula?  Can it be done in Excel or do you need to buy a specific math-oriented program?  Thanks.

Jake649's avatar - scene sunovermountains.jpg

Canada
            Member #2673
            November 2, 2003
            497 Posts
            Posted: June 18, 2004, 1:37 pm - IP Logged
            Quote: Originally posted by LottoFan on June 18, 2004

Does   anyone actually use this formula?  Which software do you use to calculate this formula?  Can it be done in Excel or do you need to buy a specific math-oriented program?  Thanks.

LottoFan,

What you posted is the notation used to describe the parameters of a wheel. It is not a formula and therefore cannot be directly translated into a program.

There may be programs to create wheels using a formula but I understand that these wheels are not optimized (that is, use the minimum number of lines). The process of optimization is either a manual process or programmed using excessive trial and error itterations.

Good luck,
            Jake

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
              Dump Water Florida
              United States
              Member #380
              June 5, 2002
              3112 Posts
              Posted: June 18, 2004, 2:35 pm - IP Logged
              Quote: Originally posted by Jake649 on June 18, 2004

LottoFan,

What you posted is the notation used to describe the parameters of a wheel. It is not a formula and therefore cannot be directly translated into a program.

There may be programs to create wheels using a formula but I understand that these wheels are not optimized (that is, use the minimum number of lines). The process of optimization is either a manual process or programmed using excessive trial and error itterations.

Good luck,
              Jake

The Lotto Designer program uses these settings, CoverMaster uses standard names for what it does.  Both can optimize to the minimum number of lines in some cases, take some work on the user's part for others and some wheels must be done by hand if the goal is the tightest possible cover which isn't always the best for playing lotto.  Links to both programs here . . .

http://www.lotto-logix.com/wheellinks.html

Lotto Designer requires Excel and you must enable macros when it asks, some versions tell you it has expired.  With some expired versions clicking on [Exit] rather then [X] to close allows you to continue, other require you change your computer's date in the lower right to before the expiration date before opening the program.  Don't forget to change the date back when done. BobP
                RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19894 Posts
                Posted: June 18, 2004, 3:56 pm - IP Logged

Example: C(49,6,3,6,1,168) = A wheel (with 49 nbr,6 nbr per ticket, min hits 3, if within total numbers have 6 hits, quantity of 3 hits =1, with  168 tickets )

D. Stoiljkovic has a smaller wheel (6,49,3,6 = 163) that does the same at
                http://www.geocities.com/dragans2000/

RJOh

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Arizona
                  United States
                  Member #4595
                  May 6, 2004
                  57 Posts
                  Posted: June 18, 2004, 6:20 pm - IP Logged
                  Quote: Originally posted by BobP on June 18, 2004

The Lotto Designer program uses these settings, CoverMaster uses standard names for what it does.  Both can optimize to the minimum number of lines in some cases, take some work on the user's part for others and some wheels must be done by hand if the goal is the tightest possible cover which isn't always the best for playing lotto.  Links to both programs here . . .

http://www.lotto-logix.com/wheellinks.html

Lotto Designer requires Excel and you must enable macros when it asks, some versions tell you it has expired.  With some expired versions clicking on [Exit] rather then [X] to close allows you to continue, other require you change your computer's date in the lower right to before the expiration date before opening the program.  Don't forget to change the date back when done. BobP

Thanks BobP.  I did DL Lotto Designer, and experienced those problems....just gave up on making it work.  I'll DL another    copy and follow your directions.

Arizona
                    United States
                    Member #4595
                    May 6, 2004
                    57 Posts
                    Posted: June 18, 2004, 6:21 pm - IP Logged
                    Quote: Originally posted by RJOh on June 18, 2004

D. Stoiljkovic has a smaller wheel (6,49,3,6 = 163) that does the same at
                    http://www.geocities.com/dragans2000/

RJOh

Thanks for the tip!

United States
                      Member #89
                      January 18, 2002
                      2092 Posts
                      Posted: June 23, 2004, 1:39 am - IP Logged

Simple Math Equation For Pick 3 Game! There are seven days in a week! In some states: up to fourteen Pick3 games can be played>> that's two per day.

Therefore:      [x/1.14159] +/-[7]+/-[.666]=next daily

X=last days winner

Teufellj

south Carolina
                        United States
                        Member #5288
                        June 28, 2004
                        21 Posts
                        Posted: June 28, 2004, 7:58 pm - IP Logged

I am still hoping to figure out a formula to win I even try adding up the  sum of all previous numbers combined and try  to figure out what the total sum of the jackpot numbers would be        lol  maybe one day ill hit the big one             

JKING's avatar - Kaleidoscope 3.gif

United States
                          Member #5599
                          July 13, 2004
                          1192 Posts
                          Posted: July 16, 2004, 9:16 pm - IP Logged

Just to add a different spin to forum, let put forth the following:

1) After going thru oh so many websites I keep hearing, it's all been done before. Just look thru the previous posts. Hmmmmm, so many people, using the same methods over and over. Make you wonder why The winning formula(s) or whatever form it takes hasn't appeared. Which would lead me to conclude, that something different has to be done. Not to put down wheeling, but if you don't have the right core numbers, it doesn't matter what system you choose to mix and match them. There in lays the problems everyone is dancing around. Perhaps, by taking the best analytical elements, be it occurrences, odd/even, pairing or whatever, and applying the mind power of a group to take it to another level, progress might be made. I'm probably getting annoying in the systems category by bring up simple elements of analysis, But how about one more look. How many apples did Newton watch fall before the light bulb went on, Gravity!!!