Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 9:06 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

RickG...update

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 13 years ago by Rick G.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Sandy K's avatar - graphic pub.jpg
Clarkston, Michigan
United States
Member #76
January 6, 2002
8528 Posts
Posted: May 10, 2004, 11:12 am - IP Logged

Well, I found out what happened to Pink Champagne in the Kentucky Oaks.

She was in Stall 8.............another horse in Stall 6......got skittish and I don't know what you call but went up and like bucked.........with the front legs going up...well, Pink decided she was gonna do it also and actually Pat Day almost got thrown off the horse.........anyway, Pink suffered a gash from that little escapade and they didn't know she was hurt till after the race........she has got it stapled now and is healing in New York. John Kimmell is her trainer and he is a doctor so I am sure she is being taken care of.

Wall Street Afleet is racing at Arlington on Friday.  He should do well.  My son does not know the exact details yet as he has been travelling......he will let me know......he is in Washington D.C. today and goes to San Franciso tomorrow for a couple days then back to Chicago so he can go to Arlington.

My son bought a new race horse last week.........I think he said the horse is from Argentina.......maybe New Zealand.......I forgot which...it is hard to keep up with him.  The name of the horse if El Rayo....................he said this horse is awesome and will make him some bucks.............actually, he was going to sell Wall Street Afleet but since Wall Street has been winning lately, he just decided to keep him and add another racehorse.

Just updating you on the dvents happening here.

Sandy

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
    FEMA Region V Camp #21
    United States
    Member #520
    July 27, 2002
    5699 Posts
    Posted: May 10, 2004, 11:46 am - IP Logged

Sandy, I watched that race and saw that trouble at the start with Pink Champagne....I immediately thought "uh-oh".  Hope she comes out of it all right...doesn't sound too serious.

Hawthorne meet ends tomorrow and Arlington starts Fri. Couldn't find Wall Street  in today's or tomorrow's entries at Hawthorne so I'll be looking for him soon at Arlington.

Thanks for the updates!

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

Clarkston, Michigan
      United States
      Member #76
      January 6, 2002
      8528 Posts
      Posted: May 10, 2004, 2:39 pm - IP Logged

I think my son said Friday is the race day for Wall Street Afleet.  He also told me it would be later in the day.........like 3 or 4 Michigan time.  He has been so busy lately and I was surprised he called on MOther's Day and I only talked a few minutes so I didn't catch it all.  He was on his cell and it was sometimes breaking up.  He told me he would call me from San Franciso mid-week and let me know the final date and time.

I don't want to leave home right now because of my daughter otherwise my husband I would attempt to drive to my son's Friday and go to the race.  I would like to see one of his horses race live someday.

Sandy

Pa
        United States
        Member #2485
        October 9, 2003
        319 Posts
        Posted: May 11, 2004, 8:58 pm - IP Logged

So what is your input for Sat. Race???

I am waiting to see what the odds are!! Went to WV last weekend and picked a few dogs. Had good luck on my favorite slot there.

Clarkston, Michigan
          United States
          Member #76
          January 6, 2002
          8528 Posts
          Posted: May 14, 2004, 3:17 pm - IP Logged

Wall Street Afleet races Saturday, Race 6, 3:36 at Arlington.  It will be on TVG Rick...........pretty good odds on him right now. 

Sandy

FEMA Region V Camp #21
            United States
            Member #520
            July 27, 2002
            5699 Posts
            Posted: May 16, 2004, 3:19 pm - IP Logged

Sandy, I saw that Wall Street ran out of the money, but if I'm not mistaken it was an optional claiming race for 28K (my memory's not so good).  I believe you said Wall Street just broke her maiden, so that was a big step up in class in a difficult field of contenders.  Optional claiming races are very difficult to handicap or win.

But you can't win 'em all.  I haven't checked the charts yet to see the race's progress report, but I bet your son drops him down a notch or two for the win.

I'm tracking Arlington exactas now.  It will take awhile to see any patterns, but anyone following Arlington knows the 5 post is red hot along with posts 3 through 6.  The heavy rains on Thurs. has made the middle posts the best for the last couple days.

Thanks again for the updates on your son's horses.  I'm watching them closely.  My son and I will be going up to the beautiful Arlinton Park race track in a couple weeks, so we might be able to catch one of his horses in action.

Keep me posted, OK?

Clarkston, Michigan
              United States
              Member #76
              January 6, 2002
              8528 Posts
              Posted: May 16, 2004, 7:21 pm - IP Logged

Rick, WallStreet Afleet had good odds, he just stunk............don't know what happened.  I never call my son after a race, I let him call me.........lol.......I learned that the hard way. 

He told me he was thinking of selling his share; he just might do that now.

He is so pumped out about the new horse from Argentina...."El Rayo".......like the cigarette filter name.  I bet he didn't even know that name meant anything.

It's fun for him so I am happy that he is happy.  He is so uptight in business, he needs the outlet.  I am sure his wife thinks so too.  She actually rides but not races, just for fun.

Take care, and I hope you and your son win some races at Arlington.

Sandy

FEMA Region V Camp #21
                United States
                Member #520
                July 27, 2002
                5699 Posts
                Posted: May 18, 2004, 3:52 pm - IP Logged

Sandy, keep me posted on El Royo and Pink Champagne.  I appreciate the updates.  Like I said I hardly ever bet on the ponies anymore but I'm going to follow Arlington this summer, and if my son and I are going  and they're running, we'll be prepared.

Thanks!  (and tell your son "thanks" too for the inside info...some of us may win some bucks on it.