Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 10:50 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Mathematics of Lotto

Topic closed. 30 replies. Last post 12 years ago by tdempsey.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #4430
April 24, 2004
84 Posts
Posted: May 25, 2004, 9:18 pm - IP Logged

Saliu believes the odds in the games that we know and play can be beaten consistently, enough to profit. (Being a professional gambler is not impossible)

San Diego
    United States
    Member #4520
    May 1, 2004
    243 Posts
    Posted: May 26, 2004, 12:34 am - IP Logged
    Quote: Originally posted by QWEST46 on May 25, 2004

Saliu believes the odds in the games that we know and play can be beaten consistently, enough to profit. (Being a professional gambler is not impossible)

I didn't realize that. Are there people here in this forum who are such professional gamblers that make a living using Saliu's strategy?

I have a hard time figuring him out. He must be a very eccentric person, at least judging from his writing.

Johannesburg
      South Africa
      Member #4640
      May 12, 2004
      178 Posts
      Posted: May 26, 2004, 12:35 am - IP Logged

Being a professional gambler is not impossible.

Are there any?I really want to know about them and I am heading that way.

Johannesburg
        South Africa
        Member #4640
        May 12, 2004
        178 Posts
        Posted: May 26, 2004, 12:37 am - IP Logged
        Quote: Originally posted by dragon on May 26, 2004

I didn't realize that. Are there people here in this forum who are such professional gamblers that make a living using Saliu's strategy?

I have a hard time figuring him out. He must be a very eccentric person, at least judging from his writing.

Soon you will know who isable to be a professional gambler.Lottery post Prediction provides you the chance to show your  talent of that.

Australia
          Member #3084
          December 22, 2003
          328 Posts
          Posted: May 26, 2004, 3:49 am - IP Logged

I would like to see that in writing by Saliu. Hype, extravagent claims but underneath all that is a mathematical mind. Having said that you just reminded me to look in on the news group to see how he finished up in the "Wife swapping question". (alt.sci.math.probability)

I came back to give you a taste of the mathematical arguement from Saliu:

. What you talkin' about? You talkin' about N=1? What kind of swappin'
          would that be, just one couple? Or, you thinkin' of sex change???

Colin

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19817 Posts
            Posted: May 28, 2004, 11:04 pm - IP Logged
            Quote: Originally posted by dragon on May 26, 2004

Are there people here in this forum who are such professional gamblers that make a living ........

I would doubt if any professional gamblers would post their picks of systems at Lottery Post because if such existed, their systems would be too big or complex for the average players.  Some one once said that Steve Player was a professional  gambler and lottery player who sold his systems, but those systems were expensive to buy and play.  Many poster have claimed to know someone that makes a living play the pick3 and pick4 lotteries, but so far no one has posted a system for doing it.

RJOh

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Johannesburg
              South Africa
              Member #4640
              May 12, 2004
              178 Posts
              Posted: May 30, 2004, 7:41 am - IP Logged

bobp's predictions on pick3 could help have win more money than invested.If he uses a system,I would not believe its a big one.more simple,more accurate.

tdempsey's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
                Atlanta, GA
                United States
                Member #3480
                January 24, 2004
                51 Posts
                Posted: June 9, 2004, 3:42 am - IP Logged

This seems a bit harsh. I have been tracking hot/warm/cold for months and have liked the results. The key is playing ranges in the 3 groups.

Tom Dempsey

Quote: Originally posted by desparado on May 25, 2004

picking "hot' and "cold" numbers is nonsense-agreed (3)

Australia
                  Member #3084
                  December 22, 2003
                  328 Posts
                  Posted: June 9, 2004, 10:03 am - IP Logged

Tom

Desparado aka Goose was sent to study his navel by Todd again.

How you going with your system? Let's have an update.

Regards
                  Colin

Cleveland,Oh
                    United States
                    Member #1856
                    July 16, 2003
                    531 Posts
                    Posted: June 21, 2004, 12:09 pm - IP Logged
                    Quote: Originally posted by desparado on May 25, 2004

Quote: Originally posted by Bertil on May 23, 2004

it is impossible to improve the odds of winning by any formula-disagree/maybe with limits/chances

never play numbers suggested by a "guru"-disagree/double that x's 1.000.000

picking "hot' and "cold" numbers is nonsense-agreed/4 or5 hot+ 1 cold

There is lots of actual statistics for the 6/49 game.-nonsense/more than enough/yes!

Bertil

Thats all.Only my opinion/me too!

Belgium
                      Member #2220
                      September 2, 2003
                      553 Posts
                      Posted: June 22, 2004, 4:55 am - IP Logged

On the professional gablers topic:

I once saw a documentary on television about a belgian professional gambler who earns heaps of money with it. The only game he played was Blackjack by counting the cards.

The only problem for those wanting to become pro gamblers is that you already have to be rich before you begin. If you are not, you are gonna need a lot lot lot lot of luck to survive. 

This guy I'm talking about already had a big fortune before becoming a pro gambler.

I believe that's reality

Amarillo/Austin
                        United States
                        Member #1424
                        April 25, 2003
                        696 Posts
                        Posted: July 9, 2004, 3:33 pm - IP Logged

Professional gambler?  That's an oxymoron if I ever heard of one.

About formulas.  Formulas, by their very nature, don't work well because each draw, though admittedly interconnected, is still an individual dvent. 

The mystics believe there is a kernel of truth in every experience.  The trick is to collect these kernels and make sense of them.

Formulas, professional gamblers, easy short-cuts . . . these are the lures that take your money and drive you crazy.

Orangeman

Dayton, OH
                          United States
                          Member #2940
                          December 4, 2003
                          72 Posts
                          Posted: July 9, 2004, 4:48 pm - IP Logged
                          Quote: Originally posted by MrSteel01 on June 21, 2004

picking "hot' and "cold" numbers is nonsense-agreed/4 or5 hot+ 1 cold

What is the defenition of hot and cold numbers?

Are cold numbers, numbers that have skipped 7 or more draws?

Are hot numbers the ones that reoccur on a regular basis?

What are people talking about when they say these numbers are hot and those number are cold?

Are they talking about the hit/skip rate of the numbers?

Are they talking about how many times the numbers have been drawn in all of the drawings to date? 

There are three levels to how many times the numbers have been drawn in all of the drawings to date, Above Average, Average, and Below Average. The average being how many times each number is expected to be drawn in a given number of drawings.

The hit/skip rate of the numbers are different, if a number is Above Average based on how many times each number is expected to be drawn in a given number of drawings but, it has skipped say 10 drawings since it last hit. Is this number considered cold?

If a number is Below Average based on how many times each number is expected to be drawn in a given number of drawings but, it has hit, say every 3 to 5 drawings since it skipped 10 or more drawings. Is this number considered hot, even though this number is Below Average based on how many times each number is expected to be drawn in a given number of drawings?

With the numbers being in three different catagories, (Above Avg., Avg., and Below Avg.) most drawings you will find that the numbers drawn will come from all three.

hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
                            Pennsylvania
                            United States
                            Member #1340
                            April 6, 2003
                            2450 Posts
                            Posted: July 9, 2004, 10:05 pm - IP Logged
                            Quote: Originally posted by UCI1 on July 09, 2004

With the numbers being in three different catagories, (Above Avg., Avg., and Below Avg.) most drawings you will find that the numbers drawn will come from all three.

it almost seems ideally suited to some sort of fuzzy logic...

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.

Australia
                              Member #3084
                              December 22, 2003
                              328 Posts
                              Posted: July 9, 2004, 10:20 pm - IP Logged

UCI1

This is what works for me:-

In a 6/49 Lotto it is possible in 8 Draws for all numbers bar 1 to have appeared once. They don't of course but you use this figure to decide on your short term occurrences. About 10 is the goer for this Lotto game.

Within say the 10 Draws occurrences of 3 or more are Hot, 2 Warm and 1 Luke (no, not the Bible Luke but as in Lukewarm.) In the previous Draw is Prior and Outside the 10 Draws is Cold.

Combined with this you have your long term Occurrences. (In 49 Draws it is possible for each number to have appeared 6 times.) Whatever works best for you, say from 30 to 50 Draws. You then have hit/miss/cluster patterns to factor in as well as Last Occurrence.

What you end up with is virtual or hypothetical scenarios as far as the next draw is concerned because of the independence of the draw dvents. You should be able to do better than what the published odds say but you may not achieve this on you're first go. 

If you're real serious allow a couple of years, at least a couple of thousand hours and at least 500 pages of Code and you may feel as though you're coming to grips with it provided along the way you have used you're imagination to do some creative programming.

And away you go! Best of British Luck.

Colin