Welcome Guest
You last visited January 17, 2017, 9:54 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

I spent $100 on mega millions quick pics

Topic closed. 27 replies. Last post 13 years ago by psykomo.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
LANCASTER Texas
United States
Member #3575
February 1, 2004
603 Posts
Posted: June 12, 2004, 3:36 pm - IP Logged

waste your money on that buddy lotto is 100 million tomite

new york
    United States
    Member #1454
    May 3, 2003
    355 Posts
    Posted: June 12, 2004, 4:34 pm - IP Logged

that was foolish!

JAP69's avatar - alas
      South Carolina
      United States
      Member #6
      November 4, 2001
      8795 Posts
      Posted: June 12, 2004, 5:09 pm - IP Logged
      Quote: O

Type

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19894 Posts
        Posted: June 12, 2004, 6:25 pm - IP Logged

Quote:

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
          Member #4615
          May 8, 2004
          16 Posts
          Posted: June 12, 2004, 7:51 pm - IP Logged

"Life can't be that bad, if you had a $100 to waste."

Well believe me it is. I only wish money was the problem I had right now, my life would be infinitely happier than it is and I wouldn't be spending my days depressed locked in my room planning my imminent suicide.

"And how happy would you be if you won?"

Well it wouldn't make all my problems go away or completely change my life like it would for some of you, but if I had won I could distance myself from everything and live a reclusive life where I can deal with my own pain until the end of my days. I have little money left and I'll give it a few more tries to see what happens and if it was meant to be. On friday I figured I'd go for broke and see if I could pull a Jack Whitaker, but alas it was not mean't to be so here I am feeling just as low and wondering if I'm delaying my miserable end with wishful thinking. Thanks for listening to this pathetic rant of mine.

Ralfy

hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
            Pennsylvania
            United States
            Member #1340
            April 6, 2003
            2450 Posts
            Posted: June 12, 2004, 8:20 pm - IP Logged

"Action Jackson" Whittaker had several million backup dollars... his hundred was nothing to him...

100 bucks a shot isn't worth it... maybe spread that 100 over several months ($5 per draw).

you don't need tons of quick picks ,go with RJOH's advice if you feel the need to play many lines... don't leave it up to the state...

You gotta be in it to win it.... that's true of every game, even the game of life...

hang in there Ralfy!

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.

Wisconsin
              United States
              Member #1610
              June 3, 2003
              668 Posts
              Posted: June 12, 2004, 8:41 pm - IP Logged

what i'd do instead of stay

... the lottery never fails to surprise!
                Buford, GA
                United States
                Member #1215
                March 3, 2003
                433 Posts
                Posted: June 12, 2004, 10:58 pm - IP Logged

Hey Ralfy/Grayfox;

I was depressed when i was diagnosed with diabetes a few years back. I almost drowned in self pity.  After a year of comptemplating doing harm to myself I started to walk the golf carts paths of a large golf course across from my house in Boca Raton. Just watching those people trying to play the game was hilarious. Heck i was gone on 2 hour walks before i knew it. When i moved to Atlanta several years ago i continued my walking even with more vigor. This June 20 I will celebrate a full year of cycling...now thats the exercise that will help you mentally AND physically !!!

I ain't no spiritual speaker man, but get your butt up and get outta that place ... NOW!!

GOD  bless

billyloco

&n

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
                  Tx
                  United States
                  Member #4570
                  May 4, 2004
                  5180 Posts
                  Posted: June 13, 2004, 12:22 am - IP Logged

If it is that bad, then you might have to do something very crazy, that is much better than killing yourself, get on your car or the bus with whatever money you have left and get out of where ever you are at and move to some other place, any place, just far from where you are at right now and start over any way that you can and forget about the past, do as if you have just been born and you was just begining your life and don't even think about the past, completely forget about it, do as if you have just come to earth (this planet) and don't look back, star fresh, I know it's crazy, but very much better than thinking about killing yourself, you just might have to get away, I know that the proper solution is to deal with and solve your probles and not run away from them, but if you just can't, then you might have no choice another better solution would be to seek and find

proper help right there where you are.

But if you think that killing yourself will end your problems, you don't know anything, if you think that you have problems now, just wait then, you haven't seen anything yet, kill yourself and you will know what I am talking about, but by then it would be too late, if you think that here on earth is bad, as bad as it is and believe me it is, you haven't seem anything yet, just you go to hell and you will find out what I am talking about, your problems here are no problems, you want real problems, just kill your self and you will have them.

Adieu.

LottoFan's avatar - nw sorc2.jpg
                    Arizona
                    United States
                    Member #4595
                    May 6, 2004
                    57 Posts
                    Posted: June 13, 2004, 10:52 am - IP Logged

Grayfox:

Your vision should tell you it's all a "game".  It's also how you choose to play the "game".....to win.....or to lose.  My definition of "losing" is "not trying" or "giving up".  In my opinion, you "lost" $100 because you trusted it all to quick picks.  Next time, put some color on some lottery slips in addition to quick picks.  If you put forth some effort, you have already begun "winning"!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19894 Posts
                      Posted: June 13, 2004, 1:14 pm - IP Logged

Yes, there is no good excuse for someone to play 100 lines and not even hit the Mega ball.  As I said earlier, had he filled out his own tickets, it's unlikely he would have spent a $100 because filling out 20 tickets take time.  Before I retired, I was in a couple of lottery pools and it was easy to get participates to kick in $10-$20 for a big jackpot if they didn't have to make out tickets so most of the time we played QPs.  A lot of players think that way, they wouldn't make out a $5 ticket. 

RJOh

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Saleo Paleo's avatar - Trek DS9worm3.gif
                        E-Town,Ky
                        United States
                        Member #3493
                        January 25, 2004
                        6348 Posts
                        Posted: June 13, 2004, 3:39 pm - IP Logged

Hey, don't let that get you down,come out of it,like someone said get out and walk, I walk 3 miles a day and it will cure anything when you look at the world as you walk, listen to what nature has to offer.I am not down and I am Diabetic, have had three throat cancer operations, Had 83% of my stomach removed,My wife died 4 yrs ago at 55 with cancer, I remarried and now my wife has messatic cancer and just had back surgery,I should be down but am not, I am in  very good shape after all that has happend to me,And I will never let the quirks of life get me down,Look at the positive side,You are living and you could be out living a good life ,Don't let a hundred dollar bill get you down,You can make more money,Just play what you think you can spare and if you win,then it was ment to be.       

Saleo Paleo    

Littleoldlady's avatar - basket
                          Clarksville
                          United States
                          Member #487
                          July 15, 2002
                          17638 Posts
                          Posted: June 13, 2004, 4:28 pm - IP Logged

Please don't let diabetes be an excuse to do something stupid like kill yourself..your life is not your own to do as you please with it..There must be others around you family and friends who expect for you to act better.  If you can't afford to play 100 dollars, then don't..play $1.00.  It only takes $1.00.  If it is meant for u to win, u will.  If u are depressed get out of the house and start walking or something...find a project that you can work on..clean up your street or visit someone in the neighborhood who has the same interests you do..or become a volunteer and don't forget to pray and give Thanks for having $100.00 to play.

If you know your number is going to hit, have patience and then KILL IT!

You never know when you will get another hit.

numbersman's avatar - pyramid
                            NC
                            United States
                            Member #2418
                            October 1, 2003
                            375 Posts
                            Posted: June 13, 2004, 4:50 pm - IP Logged

Take it as a lesson, never bet your eggs in one basket, forget about it and focus on your best numbers that you love, pick your favorite 6 numbers and take a dollar chance. Lady luck will smile on you when its your time. Enjoy life and enjoy these moments on earth as they are very precious. Remember only 6 numbers will come out. Think about the odds anyway. You will be okay. You are a wonderful person.

United States
                              Member #4615
                              May 8, 2004
                              16 Posts
                              Posted: June 14, 2004, 1:08 am - IP Logged

I'd like to thank everyone who took the time to reply and leave a few kind words, It's greatly appreciated. I will admit that I didn't expect to win anything at all when I purchased $100 worth of lottery tickets as the chances are nextt to impossible even with a million tickets, and so it came to pass. I don't want to turn this into a thread about my problems but I thought I'd let you all know the issues I'm facing are not money or health related. It's far worst and they've destroyed any ambition or will to live that I've ever had. I figured with the remaining small ammount of money I have left (which was a gift from a relative so I'd be able to pay my car insurance)I'd give the lottery a few tries and if I was fortunate enough to win I'd have the means to distance myself from the life I've endure for the past 18 years. I'm almost convinced my time is near, and I guess I'm not strong enough to deal with the hand I've been dealt, barring a winning lottery ticket or some other miracle I don't think I will find the will to go on for much longer. I'm far too disgusted with myself and the life that was imposed upon me by the irresponsible acts of others,and all the emotional and psychological issues I face everyday are too much to continue with this meaningless, random existence that I never chose to endure in the first place. Please don't reccomend seeking professional help because It's futile in my case, I have problems that no one can ever help and I have no desire to be helped. I can never be content with who I am and I refuse to be forced to endure a lifetime of insecurity, social anxiety, and a painful feeling of utter worthlessness that will never fade. So once again thank you all for replying but please spare yourselves of the time try and help me because this is something that only I will be able to decide for myself.