Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 6:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Who realy notices this!

Topic closed. 9 replies. Last post 12 years ago by johnph77.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Cleveland,Oh
United States
Member #1856
July 16, 2003
531 Posts
Posted: June 18, 2004, 10:14 pm - IP Logged

Of all the combinations possible, only 355,167, or 81.48%, will have 1 through 10 as their lowest number when sorted. This is also true of 28? through 37 being the highest number.

johnph77

gunjack's avatar - a726672a2352cda174de628792df133c 5B1%5D.jpg
    ohio
    United States
    Member #5030
    June 11, 2004
    17735 Posts
    Posted: June 18, 2004, 10:20 pm - IP Logged

I didn't know that, It looks like 1 thru 10 comes in often, I should focus on numbers from1 to 10. I thought that numbers from 20 to 29 was hotter though.

johnph77's avatar - avatar
      CA
      United States
      Member #2987
      December 10, 2003
      832 Posts
      Posted: June 19, 2004, 4:28 am - IP Logged

True for the Buckeye 5, a 5/37 game. Different formats raise and lower that percentage.

gl

john

Blessed Saint Leibowitz, keep 'em dreamin' down there..... 

Next week's convention for Psychics and Prognosticators has been cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances.

=^.^=

ONEDAY's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
        OHIO
        United States
        Member #5328
        June 30, 2004
        1284 Posts
        Posted: July 4, 2004, 5:14 pm - IP Logged
        Quote: Originally posted by gunjack on June 18, 2004

I didn't know that, It looks like 1 thru 10 comes in often, I should focus on numbers from1 to 10. I thought that numbers from 20 to 29 was hotter though.

right now 20 something is HOT!

I usually play 1-30 , elimnating 30's all together (though I am currently on paper!)

four4me's avatar - gate1
          MD
          United States
          Member #1701
          June 18, 2003
          8363 Posts
          Posted: July 4, 2004, 5:24 pm - IP Logged

oneday Not according to Gail Howard she states the largest percentage of numbers that hit are between 8 and 33 for a pick5/6 digit games. Now it is possible that some states might favor lower 1 thru 8 or higher numbers 33 thru 39 several times a month more often it's the other way. Best thing to do is check the games in your state and see for yourself.

Western Australia
            Australia
            Member #5483
            July 7, 2004
            3 Posts
            Posted: July 7, 2004, 1:03 am - IP Logged

Yes it`s True, even the powerball 5/45 here in Australia runs on simailar percentages.

I tend to follow the lottomastas ball postioning range for 80% predictabilaty

i.e. ball 1 1 - 12     ball 2 4 -22  ball 3 12-33

ball 4  22-40  ball 5 33-45

pensacola
              United States
              Member #5439
              July 4, 2004
              28 Posts
              Posted: July 7, 2004, 1:09 am - IP Logged

Tennessee lottery funds were used to pay for six months of temporary housing for lottery CEO Rebecca Paul and three other top executives, a perk one state senator says is too costly.

"I think these moving expenses are just part of a condition that needs to be reined in," said state Sen. Steve Cohen, D-Memphis, the chief sponsor of the lottery and a frequent critic of bonuses paid to lottery staffers.

"All the expenses of the lottery need to be examined closely and re-examined. They've not done a good enough job to keep expenses low," he said.

Read the entire story More: Read the entire story
                CA
                United States
                Member #2987
                December 10, 2003
                832 Posts
                Posted: July 7, 2004, 3:15 am - IP Logged

Each available number in a straight lottery (no bonus balls) has an equal chance of appearing. In all possible draws, each number will appear an equal number of times.

Mr. Steel01's thread opener - and Ozzie Dan's response - had to do with positional analysis (what numbers are most often drawn in a given position when the numbers are sorted) and is a relatively effective way of eliminating (or highlighting) numbers which are least likely to fall in a certain numeric position in all possible draws. It can be an effective way of forming wheels.

Ozzie Dan - for full 80%+ coverage of all positions, allowable limits in a 5/45 draw are: P1 - 1-12, P2 - 4-23, P3 - 12-34, P4 - 23-42, P5 - 34-45. All possible combinations of these numbers covers 41.75% of the draws in only 32.77% of the possibilities. Good work.

gl

john

Next week's convention for Psychics and Prognosticators has been cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances.

=^.^=

pensacola
                  United States
                  Member #5439
                  July 4, 2004
                  28 Posts
                  Posted: July 7, 2004, 3:21 am - IP Logged

I was thinking about playing, it seems $2 tickets are best bets, though $5 and $10 have slightly better odds..but what about those odds..1:4, does that mean in theory you will win 25 times out of 100..I have seen players at stores get 10 tickets and win nothing in a row. 

what about rolls, how many in a roll? 200 games? if 1 in 4 applies there should be 50 winners per roll, but probaly 40 of those wins are for $1 or $2.?

Should you buy more then a few tickets from the same game at the same time, or better to buy from differnt stores..also it seems the high traffic stores have the big winners..I know more people more tickets are sold, but i am thinking maybee the lottery rewards those stores with more sales with better rolls then say stores with smaller traffic?

If you had a $100 what would you do play instant or pick 4?

Search | onEDAY s Blog | Private Message | Buddy/Block List
                    CA
                    United States
                    Member #2987
                    December 10, 2003
                    832 Posts
                    Posted: July 7, 2004, 4:23 am - IP Logged

5370 -

The bottom line in any lottery game is the payout percentage - i.e. what percentage of the betting pool will be paid out as prizes. In scratchoff games the overall payout percentage is usually - but not always - posted in the rules and/or on the back of the ticket.

The idea and aim of any method, system or analysis is to maximize the possibility of hitting winners. In the example given to Ozzie Dan above the possible payout percentage can be increased by approximately 20% if one were to utilize the 80% positional filtering method he and I cite.

But no method, system or analysis is possible in a scratchoff game. It's strictly a matter of luck. The only method of increasing your chances in a scratchoff game according to other posters in this forum is to purchase the tickets at an outlet which sells a higher percentage of winners than their competitors to take advantage of any distribution anomalies - and that information is hard to come by.

As for scratchoffs or Pick 4? - again, depends on the payout percentages and how much research is done in regard to past results and future trends.

gl

john

=^.^=