Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 9:30 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Is there any special prayer?

Topic closed. 17 replies. Last post 12 years ago by Phokas.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Chicago
United States
Member #5227
June 24, 2004
2 Posts
Posted: June 24, 2004, 3:26 pm - IP Logged

Hello...

is there any special prayer that one can say to win this jackpot or any? I know I can really use the money to pay off debts.

bye...

new york
    United States
    Member #1454
    May 3, 2003
    355 Posts
    Posted: June 24, 2004, 4:00 pm - IP Logged

It is not a good idea to start praying for hitting the numbers.

It is a better idea to just pray for "finances" or for your "finances to improve".  Sometimes God facilitates the money to come to you through a winning lottery ticket, sometimes not.  I have actually prayed for "needed" finances & found money laying on the ground.

Good luck paying off your debts.  If you would like some hot picks to play, let me know.

Dolllie

visiondude's avatar - eye3logo
      light on my feet
      United States
      Member #356
      May 20, 2002
      2744 Posts
      Posted: June 24, 2004, 4:42 pm - IP Logged

in a word......... NO

it is a misconception that somehow we are able to change Gods mind by happening upon the right words at the right "time". ....not true.    the key to opening up the blessings of God in our lives are NOT relegated to the amount of words or the right "mix" of words.  it is only contained in our obedience to him and his personal plan for our lives and how accurate we are in ADJUSTING to his plan.

if we are not "meant to"..... no amount of begging, pleading, scratching, kicking, screaming, crying or an excellant command of the king james english will be able to get God to do something that he does not intend to do in the 1st place.

to think that God is waiting for the right words,  comes from the perspective that God is somehow our personal concierge waiting to fill our request slips (lol).  again......not true.  since he is God (and we are not),  we are to serve him and part of serving him is adjusting to his plan as he reveals it and leaving it at that knowing that he will never fail us.  he does not "adjust" to us and our "plan(s)".

doesn't mean we don't pray,  it just means that instead of always "wanting", we should be having the attitude of what does "HE" want, and then adjust as he reveals what it is that he does.

prayer is simply getting on the "page" that God is already on.  because he already knows our need before we even ask or think, God already has a plan in place to fill that need.  it is up to us (and not him) to adjust to it.  because we as humans can be selfish in our pursuit of God (what can he give me instead of what can i give him),  this is where we lose focus and then ultimately hope.  our hope lies in the knowledge that a relationship where God is in control of our lives, that we aknowledge his rightful place in our lives, that person(s) will have peace as their friend and no circumstance in life will be able to erode that away.  our peace comes from knowing that Gods love and designed provision is enough, no matter what "form" he deals it out to us.

but hey, you never know until you ask and he certainly doesn't mind us asking.  he does mind that we faithfully adjust to the answer, especially when it is an answer that we didn't want to hear.

i will be praying for your "peace",  as God has already provided a way to meet your needs.  find out what it is and adjust to it and you will be fine...

peoplewithvisionarelessconcernedwithGodmeetingthierneedsastheareconcernedwithadjustingtohis"plan"

"i am .........."meant to"       

P.S.,  that RJoH  is a stand up guy.  thanks,  vision

until further notice,  it's  france everyday

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19816 Posts
        Posted: June 24, 2004, 5:24 pm - IP Logged
        Quote: Originally posted by kannooks on June 24, 2004

is there any special prayer that one can say to win this jackpot or any? I know I can really use the money to pay off debts.

Where did you get the idea that lottery jackpots was for needy people that prayed?  Lotteries are for people who got a little extra money to waste for entertainment and a chance on luck.  If you got debts that need paid, you should pay them before wasting your money for entertainment like a lottery.

RJOh

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

new york
          United States
          Member #1454
          May 3, 2003
          355 Posts
          Posted: June 25, 2004, 4:30 pm - IP Logged

I also ment to say that burning a "green candle" is intended to bring money!

light on my feet
            United States
            Member #356
            May 20, 2002
            2744 Posts
            Posted: June 25, 2004, 4:49 pm - IP Logged

Quote: Originally posted by dolllie on June 25, 2004

I also ment to say that burning a "green candle" is intended to bring money!

that doesn't work either.

the ONLY people that get money off of a "burning candle",  are the ones who manufactured the burning candles.  they "prey" off of the desperation of people who do not know any different...

desperationisnotinthevocabularyofapersonwithvision

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
              Member #14
              November 9, 2001
              31337 Posts
              Posted: June 25, 2004, 5:29 pm - IP Logged
              Quote: Originally posted by kannooks on June 24, 2004

Hello...

bye...

you go right ahead and pray. prayer never hurt anything. god listens to all.

love to nibble those micey feet.

New Jersey
                United States
                Member #3457
                January 22, 2004
                248 Posts
                Posted: June 25, 2004, 8:07 pm - IP Logged

I think it is untoward to pray to win the lottery.  My god, there are people praying their children will survive the night; children being blown to bits in war, all sorts of horror for which prayers are much more deserved.

Praying to win the lottery because you have lived beyond your means is rather pathetic in my view.  I'd love to win the lottery, but not more than I would love to see poignant and heart breaking prayers answered.

United States
                  Member #2873
                  November 25, 2003
                  1132 Posts
                  Posted: June 25, 2004, 11:18 pm - IP Logged

You just have to recite something like this before you go to bed tonight:

• I pray to you, Dear Lotto God,
                  • Because I want to win a lot!
                  • Be kind to me, and not to all,
                  • And let me win the Powerball!
                  • And should that be too much for you,
                  • I'm happy with the MegaMillions too!
                  • Let the others win PICK three and four
                  • Give me the Jackpot, I need more!
                  • I'll give you half, let's be a team,
                  • and tell me the numbers in my dream.
                  • Thanks, Lotto God, I was a sinner.
                  • But tomorrow I'll be a Lotto winner!

Something like that might work....

Good Luck and Sleep well!

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
                    Member #14
                    November 9, 2001
                    31337 Posts
                    Posted: June 25, 2004, 11:20 pm - IP Logged

mike --

&nbs

love to nibble those micey feet.

United States
                      Member #2873
                      November 25, 2003
                      1132 Posts
                      Posted: June 25, 2004, 11:28 pm - IP Logged

Thanks, Emily...

Hmmm...

Maybe I should bring the "Lotto Prayers for Lotto Players" E-Book out before the "Your Dream in Numbers" E-Book.

Well, maybe not.

Good Luck!

Buford, GA
                        United States
                        Member #1215
                        March 3, 2003
                        433 Posts
                        Posted: June 26, 2004, 8:44 am - IP Logged

Kannooks & y'all;

I have heard many many people whom are much stronger Christians than yours truely , say it is perfectly alright to pray to financialy prosper.  I personally will testify that when i won $150 twice with MM in the past 3 years i had donated a vehicle to St Vincent DePaul Society just a few days before this happened.  A connecrion...hmmm  beats me.  Miss Theresa (whom is a STRONG believer and a DEVOUT Catholic and a leader within the church here in Atlanta )  says  that i will be the reason that gets her to heaven.

b.....

&n

light on my feet
                          United States
                          Member #356
                          May 20, 2002
                          2744 Posts
                          Posted: June 26, 2004, 4:57 pm - IP Logged

i would never attempt to detour anyone away from prayer as prayer is but one of the vehicles that helps us draw nearer to God.  prayer is merely a lifelong on-going "conversation" with your best friend (if you know him)

i am only interested in the "efficientcy" (sp) of prayer.  that when we do pray, it is with the right motivation, and on the terms that God requires so that he can answer our prayers justly.

sometimes we are not always aware of the "how to's' of prayer, so we give it our best shot and as long as the intent is pure, God not only will hear but he will answer as well.

but the other trick and the most important part of the before and after of the prayer, is that we are willing to accept the answer........especially if it is the opposite of what we where looking for.

there is definetly nothing wrong with praying for financial prosperity.  but there is something wrong when we attempt to use God only for things that he can give us.  and let's face it, alot of people only have anything to do with God based on what  he can do for them.  it's the only conversation they have with him and exclude him out of the rest of their "personal" lives.  they use him rather than serve him.

BASED ON WHAT HE HAS DONE, HE DESERVES ALL OF US, NOT JUST HOW HE CAN "BLESS" US.

giving back to God is also important but we have to be careful with that as well.  it is so prevalent these days to turn on the TV and see these horrendous televangelists lying to people that you have to give money in order for God to bless you. that is a horrific lie.  our motivation for giving if our heart is pure is that we give out of greatfulness for what he has done on our behalf that we could not do for ourselves......expecting nothing in return.  God has already done everything for us and anything else he decides to do on our behalf is icing on the cake.  the idea that we have to give so that God will bless us is a man made conception.  it turns God into our servant.  we "owe" him, he does not "owe" us.  we should give because we are greatful and leave it at that.  most likely God will bless us for doing so, but when / how / and why is his business.

salvation is the free gift from God as that "price" has already been paid,  as is all the subsequent "blessings" of being a child of God.  but it is God who distributes them according to his design.  they cannot be "bought" as it where.  we cannot earn something that God has already given to us for free...

i am greatful for people like you billy,  who give so freely. God will bless you for that.

peoplewithvisiongivethierlivesawayaskingnothinginreturn

hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
                            Pennsylvania
                            United States
                            Member #1340
                            April 6, 2003
                            2450 Posts
                            Posted: June 26, 2004, 8:43 pm - IP Logged

Hey VisionDude! glad to see you back!

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.

light on my feet
                              United States
                              Member #356
                              May 20, 2002
                              2744 Posts
                              Posted: June 26, 2004, 10:58 pm - IP Logged

hey hyper.......whats shakin?

hope everything is  better with you and your work circumstances. 

i have access to a computer only on a part-time basis at a friends house so i am in and out of here.

but glad to be so.........thanks

FLYING "V"