Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 8:10 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Does God really hate gambling?

Topic closed. 80 replies. Last post 12 years ago by deloresd.

Page 4 of 6
PrintE-mailLink
emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
Member #14
November 9, 2001
31362 Posts
Posted: July 4, 2004, 12:34 am - IP Logged

hallelujah

love to nibble those micey feet.

Australia
    Member #3084
    December 22, 2003
    328 Posts
    Posted: July 4, 2004, 12:38 am - IP Logged

Right on Sister.

PRAISE BE TO THE ALMIGHTY ($,*,%).

Colin

midwstrngirl's avatar - hair

United States
      Member #1529
      May 18, 2003
      74 Posts
      Posted: July 4, 2004, 12:49 am - IP Logged
      Quote: O
        midwstrngirl's avatar - hair

United States
        Member #1529
        May 18, 2003
        74 Posts
        Posted: July 4, 2004, 1:18 am - IP Logged
        Quote: Originally posted by Pick-4_Master on July 03, 2004

Look what happened to Martha Stewart she gambled in the Stock Market "CHEATED" and "GOT CAUGHT" and as far as she's concerned she did nothing wrong!!!

Martha Stewart was convicted of lying to investigators about a so-called "crime" the authorities did not have sufficient evidence to formally accuse her of. 

How a person can be convicted of attempting to cover-up something they weren't accused of astonishes me.  More frightening still, is that everyone, including the jury, seems to think Martha cheated people---when she did nothing of the sort!  Prosecutors rutinely go after people, to get their stats up--when faced with the full weight of the all powerful state, most people plead guilty to something, in exchange for mercy.  The prosecutors are happy--they get their stats up--but is there justice?  Our system used to be based on the search for truth.  Martha naively believed, that she could not be convicted for something the state did not accuse her of---how wrong she was!  Thanks to the smear job by the news media---she was convicted of "having an attitude" to quote on juror.  Oh well, quid est veritas, anyway?

Be careful of the news, or you will wind up not thinking and just blindly following the other "sheeple."

Midwestern Girl

United States
          Member #1759
          June 29, 2003
          1156 Posts
          Posted: July 4, 2004, 12:18 pm - IP Logged

There's really nothing wrong with "getting rich quick" if you know how to do it there's plenty of Rich people who got that way without hard work.There's no law that says you have to work hard to get what you want it can go both ways.You can work hard and get rich or you can not work hard and get rich like win a lottery or recieve an inheritance.The Hilton sisters are a perfect example they were born into wealth they never worked hard a day in there lives.Then you have business owners that started with nothing and built an empire from hard work people that came to this country penniless and become wealthy from working hard.A lot of people want to win the Lottery so they don't have to work and just travel have a good time or be with there family more.As long as there not hurting anyone being lazy by not working and just having fun seems okay to me you only live once why not have some fun.When I win I'm definitely gonna have fun no work just travel hang out spend more time with my son spend some money on occasion and enjoy myself.

United States
            Member #66
            October 19, 2000
            218 Posts
            Posted: July 4, 2004, 12:45 pm - IP Logged

I don't think that god hate's gambling, I think he dislikes the greed that is often the result of gambling.

Anything done in its proper context is okay, only when we begin to over indulge , does it become a sin.

To place a wager is okay, but when we become so indulged in the game that we put it before our responsibilties, then we have the greed factor set in and then we have the sin.

Same could be said of eating, to eat as we need to be nourished is fine, but when eat in over indulgenice, and become over weight, . God probably frouns on that too.

United States
              Member #1759
              June 29, 2003
              1156 Posts
              Posted: July 4, 2004, 1:06 pm - IP Logged

That's true I think there's a passage in the Bible about doing things in "EXCESS" like drinking,gambling,spending money etc... things that can wind up hurting you or your family because of over indulgence I believe that's what can be considered sinful.

Boston, ma
                United States
                Member #4688
                May 16, 2004
                130 Posts
                Posted: July 4, 2004, 4:42 pm - IP Logged

Pick-4 Master, I agree with you. The richest folks in the World ,today, haven't gotten there by  physically working hard, but by busting their brains!Thanks and Good luck to us all!

Texas
                  United States
                  Member #4382
                  April 18, 2004
                  278 Posts
                  Posted: July 5, 2004, 10:38 am - IP Logged

So Mana I see you really put alot of faith in God as do I and all shall be succesful ! Also I don't like Mana cause she's sane and acts weird.

Mana's avatar - mana
                    Virginia Beach
                    United States
                    Member #3375
                    January 16, 2004
                    93 Posts
                    Posted: July 5, 2004, 5:23 pm - IP Logged

... insert witty quote here ...

... My behavior and apperance betrays my age ... but I'm good enough ...
                    besides, people in person would still be afraid to talk to meh, even if I had millions ^^;

Boston, ma
                      United States
                      Member #4688
                      May 16, 2004
                      130 Posts
                      Posted: July 5, 2004, 7:21 pm - IP Logged

I heard once that the Luckiest times of the year are around X-mass time (religious time)..People win in games of Luck more around this time..any one has an idea how true this is?

Thanks

Australia
                        Member #3084
                        December 22, 2003
                        328 Posts
                        Posted: July 6, 2004, 1:32 am - IP Logged

Mana

I don't know whether your avatar is a picture of you or a picture you've taken. In any case for what my appreciation of Art  is worth I think that picture is very artistic. If you took it yourself then maybe you should look at taking advantage of the talent it represents.

Regards
                        Colin

Boston, ma
                          United States
                          Member #4688
                          May 16, 2004
                          130 Posts
                          Posted: July 6, 2004, 1:26 pm - IP Logged

Mana, Colin likes you :)

visiondude's avatar - eye3logo
                            light on my feet
                            United States
                            Member #356
                            May 20, 2002
                            2744 Posts
                            Posted: July 7, 2004, 12:21 am - IP Logged
                            Quote: Originally posted by Colin F on July 04, 2004

Did God as we know and understand him/her/it exist before mankind?
                            Think before you answer and marvel that you are one of the creatures on this earth capable of such high powered abstract thought.

not that i am anybody, except i will answer your question with four (4) options...

(1) there is the story of Job ... during his time of questioning God (which he doesn"t mind),  answered him swiftly and justly by replying "Where were you Job when I formed the earth"?    basically putting Job in his place by not only reminding Job "who" was God in the equation, and reminding him that he was "there" before mankind existed.

(2)  when asked who he really was,  Jesus made the same exact statement that God made in the old testament to abraham .. "I am that I am".  fully indicating that he claimed to be God (and existed before abraham, and was the one who replied to abraham), and that he was the one who created mankind and all things exist because of him.  if you read the text after that statement,  that is when the jews became enraged and the very reason that he was crucified.  "for we crucify you not, but thou being a man who claims to be God"  ....... he was crucified because he claimed to be God and it is up to you personally to prove he is or isn't.

(3)  now if you don't believe in the bible as being directly from God, you can always ask him yourself.  but the key in getting the answer is to come to God on his terms and play by his rules, then you will hear his voice.  if you try and dictate to God how you come to him, then you will get the equivelent of a God-spam  e-mail.

(4) or you can consider it to be a non important issue and garner nothing more than a "guess" and be willing to step off into eternity with your guess.  it's your life....... not mine.

i only found him because i thought it to be too impotant of issue to "guess", and i was banking on the notion that if there was a God and that he created us.....  that he sure could let us know if we came to him on his terms.  i was rewarded thusly.

and you?

sidenote .....  i can't stand "religious" people/fervor either.  i do however greatly admire people who are not afraid to stand up and say they actually know him, even at the expense of what others might think.

vision

"i am .........."meant to"       

P.S.,  that RJoH  is a stand up guy.  thanks,  vision

until further notice,  it's  france everyday

visiondude's avatar - eye3logo
                              light on my feet
                              United States
                              Member #356
                              May 20, 2002
                              2744 Posts
                              Posted: July 7, 2004, 12:25 am - IP Logged

"i am .........."meant to"       

P.S.,  that RJoH  is a stand up guy.  thanks,  vision

until further notice,  it's  france everyday