Welcome Guest
You last visited January 16, 2017, 9:56 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

do u think u'd survive winning?

Topic closed. 13 replies. Last post 13 years ago by PrisonerSix.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #5368
July 1, 2004
4 Posts
Posted: July 1, 2004, 1:32 pm - IP Logged

i always figured i'd get so excited i'd have a heart attack or something when i saw i won....especially $290 million.

HiFi's avatar - police

United States
    Member #3792
    February 21, 2004
    198 Posts
    Posted: July 1, 2004, 5:19 pm - IP Logged

yes, the real problem is surviving all the leeches that will befriending you now that you are rich.  remember mc hammer was rich once too.  dont think that its too much money that it  cant be spent

United States
      Member #5368
      July 1, 2004
      4 Posts
      Posted: July 1, 2004, 7:37 pm - IP Logged

i agree, every nineth cousin by marriage twice removed would be at ur door or calling. ........lol.......but i'd be happy to deal with a problem such as that.

hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
        Pennsylvania
        United States
        Member #1340
        April 6, 2003
        2450 Posts
        Posted: July 1, 2004, 8:04 pm - IP Logged

claim the prize with a trust (or buy your tix in delaware) and you can avoid that problem...

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.

Australia
          Member #3084
          December 22, 2003
          328 Posts
          Posted: July 2, 2004, 12:15 am - IP Logged

one chicken

two chickens

t.. c'mon c'mon ..hree chickens

fou.. you can do it, c'mon just another peck Yer! Yer! ..r chickens

five chickens hey! not so rough.

six chickens

Gee, it's going to take a long time to get to 290,000,000

Colin

rabbitfoot's avatar - 8ball

United States
            Member #620
            August 25, 2002
            205 Posts
            Posted: July 2, 2004, 1:50 pm - IP Logged

It's a risk that I'm willing to take!

I play to dream and dream of winning a major jackpot!

Mana's avatar - mana
              Virginia Beach
              United States
              Member #3375
              January 16, 2004
              93 Posts
              Posted: July 2, 2004, 2:31 pm - IP Logged

*Smirk* I gave it alot of thought if I ever won it big... that I'd continue what I'm doing except in a grander scale ... milk the fame for all its 15 minutes worth ... and walk with some extra money in my pockets :)

... as I know that it's already difficult for most 'normal' people to talk to goths anyway (especially one that would probably crossdress more often to make sure), my physical appearance would continue to be a semi-protection from some unscrupulous people in person... ... and in environments where "my kind" is more acceptable, I can fend off rabid groupies quite well ... had to do it quite a few times when I had a cute outfit on. (though I'd probably get some personal bodyguards at that point) ... I give the evil glare ... heh heh... basically, the lifestyle I'm in would be greatly magnified for semi-security purposes.

... The money itself would get stuck into banks and municipal bonds, and I'd make as many transactions as possible through credit card, making sure the credit limit is fairly limited, so I'd be able to watch where the flow of money goes ... and don't get mugged for anythin'...

... insert witty quote here ...

... My behavior and apperance betrays my age ... but I'm good enough ...
              besides, people in person would still be afraid to talk to meh, even if I had millions ^^;

dphillips's avatar - littleuns
                Albuquerque, New Mexico
                United States
                Member #5128
                June 18, 2004
                377 Posts
                Posted: July 2, 2004, 4:15 pm - IP Logged

skydivingsurfer: yes, I know I'll survive because I've psyched myself up, now. Even when I won $500.00 last September playing the Powerball, I didn't get excited because I said to myself: it's about time!  More than likely, I'd have the same attitude winning $13 million or more.

dphillips (Blue)

ladygirl99's avatar - candle
                  Solon, OH
                  United States
                  Member #3267
                  January 7, 2004
                  481 Posts
                  Posted: July 2, 2004, 5:16 pm - IP Logged

Page cannot be found

The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Please try the following:

• If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

• Open the www.lotterypost.com home page, and then look for links to the information you want.
                  • Click the Back button to try another link.

Problem: Host not found

Im telling you lol every friend stranger and neighbor will be at your door step, long lost cousins everyone. I would leave ohio and never come back again lol. I would hook my family up and that's it lol me my husband and daughter will disappear.
                    RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19891 Posts
                    Posted: July 2, 2004, 6:10 pm - IP Logged

You don't have to leave Ohio to disappear.  Ever had your car break-down in the southern-eastern part of the state and try to find help?

RJOh

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Irvin's avatar - Goolag

New Zealand
                      Member #2234
                      September 2, 2003
                      173 Posts
                      Posted: July 2, 2004, 6:56 pm - IP Logged

My todo list / survival list when I have the winning line on my ticket;

Check the rest of the ticket.

Kick myself in the head.

Place ticket in a waterproof bag and place in a flame proof safe.

Wait one week before cashing in ticket.

Once cashed in visit bank manager, show the cheque, close the account.

Take 10% of the winnings and just blow it (Get it out of your system early)

Set up trust fund and investments for the whole family and future generations.

Any sudden new friends, old friends and relatives get the instant 4koff if they think they're entitled to a hand out.

Enjoy the rest of my long happy life......I will survive

hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
                        Pennsylvania
                        United States
                        Member #1340
                        April 6, 2003
                        2450 Posts
                        Posted: July 2, 2004, 7:25 pm - IP Logged

Mana, I hope you win one day just so I could see what a goth security entourage looks like...

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.

Mana's avatar - mana
                          Virginia Beach
                          United States
                          Member #3375
                          January 16, 2004
                          93 Posts
                          Posted: July 2, 2004, 8:53 pm - IP Logged
                          Quote: Originally posted by hypersoniq on July 02, 2004

Mana, I hope you win one day just so I could see what a goth security entourage looks like...

I just wish someone from Lottery Post would win big. We probably wouldn't know for a long time but... would *love* to read the daily blog from that, just to see the experiences that one goes through.

... as for a goth security entourage... I know from my experience that such a look alone (without any groupies) would be semi-secure enough to keep the casual beggers at bay ... won't stop the persistant ones, but they would still be nervous with an already existing reputation of looking quite anti-social. Going downtown Baltimore during one of my romps, you get stares, but no begger came up to me. They did come up to my semi-normal dressed friends though.

... insert witty quote here ...

... My behavior and apperance betrays my age ... but I'm good enough ...
                          besides, people in person would still be afraid to talk to meh, even if I had millions ^^;

Baton Rouge, LA
                            United States
                            Member #4602
                            May 7, 2004
                            700 Posts
                            Posted: July 4, 2004, 9:33 am - IP Logged

After the initial shock, I'd probably get my ducks in row before going to claim the ticket, i.e. decide what I'm going to do with the money. I know I'd pay off the house, both my wife's and my car loans, do some home repairs, buy some stuff I'd like to have just for the hell of it, give some to worthy causes, then put the rest in bank accounts and invest some of it.

The problem I'd have is all the people with sob stories coming out of the woodwork wanting money, all those who have great ideas they need investors for, and all those alleged "friends" and "long lost cousins" asking for a hand out.

If I got too much of that, I'd probably then try to relocate to somewhere nobody knows me and try to live a normal life. If people know you have the money, they'll come looking for you.

Another thing I'd want to do is try and hide most of it from prying eyes. No, I don't mean to evade the IRS, but to make it harder for someone who wants to find out if I have the money to find it. Doing such things as keeping accounts and assets in other names, so if someone investigates me it can't be found, would also reduce problems. There are alot of people out there who'll take your money if you give them the chance and in today's society where your name easily ends up in hundreds of databases, that can be a problem.

Prisoner Six