Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 3:06 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Is the love of $$ the root of all evil?

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 12 years ago by hotbuns.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
dphillips's avatar - littleuns
Albuquerque, New Mexico
United States
Member #5128
June 18, 2004
377 Posts
Posted: July 5, 2004, 12:27 pm - IP Logged

No, my friends, you cannot live without money.  In my opinion, money is supposed to complement your life, not control your life!  We have heard the saying: 'the love of money is the root of all evil.'  Well, let me rephrase that: 'the lack of money can be the root of all evil.'  Some people will do almost anything to attain money illegally because of their greed and their jealously.

Quite frankly, just because people play the lottery does not mean people love money (my opinion.)  Then again, there are some Evangelical religious zealots and some mainstream Protestants who condemn us because we gamble!  Their response is: "The Lord will provide your needs if you will only put your faith and your trust in Him."  My response... "is The Creator going to reign down $10 million, $145 million, or $220 million from heaven?"  "If not, I will continue gambling!"  (Hum, I remember when the Catholic Church had Bingo nights!)

Finally, there are so many good, religious, moral, and giving people who are in financial dire straits, not because of poor judgment or despicable character.  Then again, whoever said that life is just or even fair!

dphillips (blue)

Fantasy5's avatar - binary
    Florida
    United States
    Member #2048
    August 12, 2003
    21 Posts
    Posted: July 5, 2004, 4:25 pm - IP Logged

I think it was Mark Twain that said the lack of money is the root of all evil.

You have to put things in perspective:

You can love another person, or a pet, but I don't think you can love money.

The lottery is a form of voluntary tax. It's more fun to pay the tax if you think you may win some of the money collected. Less fun when it's taken out of your paycheck.

If the Lord will provide your needs, why does the church pass a collection plate around?

The Catholic Church still has bingo games.

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
      Mcminnville, Oregon
      United States
      Member #3013
      December 13, 2003
      3047 Posts
      Posted: July 5, 2004, 7:20 pm - IP Logged

To me the only time money is evil is when you allow it change or influence your purchasing power in a negative way.  Money is responsiblity and you have to be able to control it in a positive way or money will control you in a negative way.

hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
        Pennsylvania
        United States
        Member #1340
        April 6, 2003
        2450 Posts
        Posted: July 5, 2004, 9:59 pm - IP Logged

people are the root of all

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.

hotbuns's avatar - animal shark.jpg
          nassau
          United States
          Member #5459
          July 5, 2004
          27 Posts
          Posted: July 5, 2004, 11:47 pm - IP Logged

money, isn't the root of all evil living without money is the real cost of the problem.