Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 5:12 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

And lo, she came forth!

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 13 years ago by Sandy K.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
dphillips's avatar - littleuns
Albuquerque, New Mexico
United States
Member #5128
June 18, 2004
377 Posts
Posted: July 9, 2004, 7:37 pm - IP Logged

Yes, the Mega Million jackpot winner did a new conference.  Well, I be hanged...why?  Even though her complimentary check was awarded, there's no way that I would get on national television and advertise my name -- who I am.  Gee, I hope she has armed body guards outside the studio.

Perhaps, I shouldn't be too hard on her: lottery officials probably advised her to waive her rights: the public has a right to know, and we must make the public aware that the money is actually being awarded to a real person!

dphillips (Blue)

Southeast USA
    United States
    Member #3660
    February 9, 2004
    65 Posts
    Posted: July 9, 2004, 8:17 pm - IP Logged

Yes, she has to interview on camera and her photo will be displayed on Massachusette's website. They will exploit her to promote that lotto, no doubt. I know this because I called the Player Info Line last Friday morning, just to get some info about anonymity because I know a woman who lives in that state and I was going to send her a a few dollars to get some quick pick tickets, if the jackpot hadn't been won. Little did I know that later on that night the ONLY jackpot winner would be from that state. Talk about amazing.

And as far as I know, I think she only had ONE ticket and I suppose it was a quick pick ticket. I wish her well. Hopefully she will not be hounded too bad, because she seems like a nice person.

Sandy K's avatar - graphic pub.jpg
      Clarkston, Michigan
      United States
      Member #76
      January 6, 2002
      8528 Posts
      Posted: July 10, 2004, 8:40 am - IP Logged

Yes, she does seem to be a nice person.  I am glad someone like her won.  But wow.......late 60's.......hardly have time to enjoy it but I bet her children and grandchildren will. 

The thing is with very nice people.........they don't suspect anything......she probably thinks her life is going to be the same as before.  She will find out very soon that she has made a mistake in "exposing" herself. 

Well, Visiondude's theory of 1 quick pick might hold up if she only bought 1 ticket.  The Old Vision knows..................and I agree......."if you are meant to........"

Sandy

visiondude's avatar - eye3logo
        light on my feet
        United States
        Member #356
        May 20, 2002
        2744 Posts
        Posted: July 10, 2004, 6:47 pm - IP Logged
        Quote: Originally posted by Sandy K on July 10, 2004

Well, Visiondude's theory of 1 quick pick might hold up if she only bought 1 ticket.  The Old Vision knows..................and I agree......."if you are meant to........"

<-----------  i "see"    .........  more than you think i do ...

hey sandy,  how are you my friend?  play any golf lately?  how about some fishing?

FLYING "V"

"i am .........."meant to"       

P.S.,  that RJoH  is a stand up guy.  thanks,  vision

until further notice,  it's  france everyday

Sandy K's avatar - graphic pub.jpg
          Clarkston, Michigan
          United States
          Member #76
          January 6, 2002
          8528 Posts
          Posted: July 10, 2004, 10:27 pm - IP Logged

Hey there Dude,

No fishing or golf......no time.  My daughters are giving me some grandbabies soon.  Been getting ready.  I wish I could say the pregnancies have been easy but as you know when we spoke, they haven't.  Since I talked to you, there have been some more problems......circulation.......white  blood cell counts........but it looks like we are all going to make it fine.  My golf is limited to my back yard.  I actually hit some balls while my mother was visiting here a couple weeks ago. She loves our back yard for the amount of space to hit the balls. 

fbird, a member here on the Lottery Post Forum invited me to go fishing on his pontoon boat (maybe have a couple brewskies),and I intend on doing so........thing is I don't have a cell phone ( I hate the dang things; had one for years when I worked and I threw it in the toilet...really, I did) and I won't leave my house for longer than an hour at a time just in case I get a call from my kids..............SO NO FISHIN' and oh, I so miss it.  I can go down to the lake outside my home and cast my line in from shore but it is not the same as boat fishing.  My own boat has not been in the water yet this year.  Shame on me. Just other things have come first.

I hope you are doing well and getting things in order out there on the Coast...I think about and pray for you often. 

Sandy