Welcome Guest
You last visited October 22, 2017, 10:31 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

*UNITED we STAND*Calling all Predictors!

Topic closed. 11 replies. Last post 13 years ago by Wishbone.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Boston, ma
United States
Member #4688
May 16, 2004
130 Posts
Posted: July 12, 2004, 10:31 pm - IP Logged

All Predictors, please let's do this, let's pick a limited number of States and Games for each State and make UNIQUE predictions for them eachday. No MORE MASS Predictions for all States!You will be surprised of the Result. People here are losing trust in the Predctions Area on this site. Let's give it a boost!!!!!!!

Good Luck! 

Jorli D's avatar - nw saucyelf2.jpg
    Michigan
    United States
    Member #2448
    October 4, 2003
    27026 Posts
    Posted: July 12, 2004, 10:47 pm - IP Logged
    Quote: Originally posted by NoLuckYet on July 12, 2004

All Predictors, please let's do this, let's pick a limited number of States and Games for each State and make UNIQUE predictions for them eachday. No MORE MASS Predictions for all States!You will be surprised of the Result. People here are losing trust in the Predctions Area on this site. Let's give it a boost!!!!!!!

Good Luck! 

Did you take a survey of the members on the LP, to state that trust has been lost?  If so, I don't remember being polled. TSK TSK!!
      Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
      Chief Bottle Washer
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #1
      May 31, 2000
      23962 Posts
      Posted: July 12, 2004, 11:27 pm - IP Logged

I agree with Jorli D.  Don't assume just because you don't like people posting "All States" that everyone agrees with you.

Please don't post a message like this again.  All States predictions are there because people want it.  If you don't like it, then ignore those who post to All States.

Saying that people are losing trust in the Predictions area is a rediculous statement.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
      What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
      Help eliminate computerized drawings!

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
        Member #14
        November 9, 2001
        31615 Posts
        Posted: July 12, 2004, 11:55 pm - IP Logged
        Quote:

love to nibble those micey feet.

Boston, ma
          United States
          Member #4688
          May 16, 2004
          130 Posts
          Posted: July 13, 2004, 10:06 am - IP Logged

Ok. I'm gonna start a Poll and see what people think. Owner of this site , whoever you are: Please don't manipulate the results!

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
            Chief Bottle Washer
            New Jersey
            United States
            Member #1
            May 31, 2000
            23962 Posts
            Posted: July 13, 2004, 10:14 am - IP Logged

I am the owner.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
            What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
            Help eliminate computerized drawings!

rowe81263's avatar - Rowlf
              texas
              United States
              Member #5499
              July 8, 2004
              31 Posts
              Posted: July 13, 2004, 11:52 am - IP Logged

I with you noluckyet-at least on picking numbers and unity!

If I could only choose 3#'s for today-they would be{3-5-8}

hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
                Pennsylvania
                United States
                Member #1340
                April 6, 2003
                2450 Posts
                Posted: July 18, 2004, 1:15 pm - IP Logged

Picks are posted for entertainment value... some people like posting 50 numbers for all states for a month. That's their choice... I don't put credence in posted numbers, I would rather get into HOW the numbers are picked, so I could do it myself... that's my choice.

the bottom line is we have the choice. There are areas here for whatever you are into. I once had a thread going in the pick3 forum about defining the methods of prediction, it got huge fast, tons of good contributions from some of the best players out there... it wasn't about the numbers, it was about getting out in the open ideas for picking them...

NoLuckYet ,once you have been here for awhile you will realize a few things...

A. Nobody responds to negativity.

B. You cannot get a unified team together for picking jackpot games, there's too much at stake. I did try several times...

C. the pick 3 and pick 4 experts are far more willing to share and work out in the open with system info than the jackpot players... why? because the top prize won't be affected if multiple people hit (except for states with pari-mutuel pick 3/4)

D. there are many fine predictors here ,but if you want to see some "magic" find the latest pick 3/pick 4 prediction for individual states by Lucky or Libra Dave, I am always amazed by their overall results! (not to detract from other predictions, but for PA... if I were to play picks from here... )

E. THe lottery is a game, just like any other game... if it stops being fun, stop playing. I never did care for playing multiple tickets for a draw, now I stick to just one pick per draw of the powerball and PA Match6... total cost $8 per week... I'm still haveing a blast ;-) (no big money yet, but I realize the odds of winning anyway, so may as well play one ticket... you gotta be in it to win it, but my personal opinion is that any more than one pick is overkill)

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  20144 Posts
                  Posted: July 18, 2004, 2:59 pm - IP Logged

The best way to get a group of people on the same page for a jackpot game is to start a pool, nothing unify people faster than sharing the expenses and the winnings.  With the pick3 and pick4 games the payout isn't big enough for a pool, but there are plenty of posters sharing their ideas and picks,so just check out a few and pick the ones you like, you'll win as much as they do or more if you use their ideas and not their numbers.

RJOh

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning one * 

Evil Looking       

four4me's avatar - gate1
                    MD
                    United States
                    Member #1701
                    June 18, 2003
                    8577 Posts
                    Posted: July 18, 2004, 3:16 pm - IP Logged

Also to get people to collaborated on just one state at a time would require each poster to run statical analysis on each and every state they decide to post for. Combine the findings and come to some kind of agreement on which numbers are going to be chosen. Since everybody has a different method of selecting their numbers. And for every poster that participated would require more work than many are willing to do. The dedication to the process for every game would be enormous. And involve so much of precious free time that I doubt it will ever happen.

As stated in earlier posts the numbers for your state are in the history of your states numbers you need to find a simple way of coming up with your own numbers to play or compare your picks to the posters who post for your state. If you feel that they are not to your liking adjust the numbers to suite your selection.

I probably have more free time than many of our posters but other posters do have lives as well jobs chores kids, etc., etc., etc. What your asking although not impossible, just isn't practical.

Boston, ma
                      United States
                      Member #4688
                      May 16, 2004
                      130 Posts
                      Posted: July 18, 2004, 4:04 pm - IP Logged

I hear ya. I will try and follow your suggestions. Thanks to you all for your advice. Good Luck

Pottsville, PA
                        United States
                        Member #4003
                        March 12, 2004
                        6 Posts
                        Posted: July 20, 2004, 9:13 pm - IP Logged

Noluckyet,

When someone buys another a gift, the buyer has it wrapped.  Have you ever warpped your own gift?