Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 6:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

feedback on pick 3 system

Topic closed. 10 replies. Last post 12 years ago by MikeK.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
dallas
United States
Member #5594
July 13, 2004
3 Posts
Posted: July 13, 2004, 1:49 am - IP Logged

ive been messing around with pick 3 for a long time... won $500 the first time i played and got hooked. i really enjoy reading the posts especially win d's.

here's the system i'm working on using the texas midday pick 3:

take the last 10 drawings.  each time a number hits in any position it gets a set amount of points. the numbers from the previous drawing are assigned 20 points, 2 drawings away gets 18 points each, 3 drawings away gets 16, etc, down to 10 drawings away gets 1 point.  If the number wasn't drawn in the last 10 drawings then it (obviously) doesn't get any points. these points are updated everyday with the previous day's winning numbers added and the previous days 10th drawing dropped.

tally up all the points for each number (0-9) and discard the 4 numbers with the lowest point total (currently #'s 0,3,5,7).  That would leave you wheeling #'s 1,2,4,6,8,9 for Midday July 13th in Texas.  This is what I call my "Top 6".

I understand that hot numbers don't always win in pick 3.  However, when the "Top 6" do win, they generally come in consecutive draws or within a skip or two.  It is almost like the numbers have a tendency to get out of balance (their short-term average) before they go through a correction and then the "Top 6" won't win again for awhile.

Since I never know when the "Top 6" are going to hit, I wait until they do hit and then keep playing them until I've lost two times in a row.

Any feedback on this system?

-mike

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
    Tx
    United States
    Member #4570
    May 4, 2004
    5180 Posts
    Posted: July 13, 2004, 3:17 am - IP Logged

Almost anything might be worth checking, just in case.

For how long have you used this system and do you win more than what you spend?

And do you have any other good systems?

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

Dayton, OH
      United States
      Member #2940
      December 4, 2003
      72 Posts
      Posted: July 13, 2004, 9:28 am - IP Logged
      Quote: Originally posted by tester on July 13, 2004

ive been messing around with pick 3 for a long time... won $500 the first time i played and got hooked. i really enjoy reading the posts especially win d's.

here's the system i'm working on using the texas midday pick 3:

take the last 10 drawings.  each time a number hits in any position it gets a set amount of points. the numbers from the previous drawing are assigned 20 points, 2 drawings away gets 18 points each, 3 drawings away gets 16, etc, down to 10 drawings away gets 1 point.  If the number wasn't drawn in the last 10 drawings then it (obviously) doesn't get any points. these points are updated everyday with the previous day's winning numbers added and the previous days 10th drawing dropped.

tally up all the points for each number (0-9) and discard the 4 numbers with the lowest point total (currently #'s 0,3,5,7).  That would leave you wheeling #'s 1,2,4,6,8,9 for Midday July 13th in Texas.  This is what I call my "Top 6".

I understand that hot numbers don't always win in pick 3.  However, when the "Top 6" do win, they generally come in consecutive draws or within a skip or two.  It is almost like the numbers have a tendency to get out of balance (their short-term average) before they go through a correction and then the "Top 6" won't win again for awhile.

Since I never know when the "Top 6" are going to hit, I wait until they do hit and then keep playing them until I've lost two times in a row.

Any feedback on this system?

-mike

What do you do when after you discard the first 3 lowest point numbers you have 2 number that have the same amount of points and are next on the list to be dicarded?

UCI1

dallas
        United States
        Member #5594
        July 13, 2004
        3 Posts
        Posted: July 13, 2004, 10:50 am - IP Logged

What do you do when after you discard the first 3 lowest point numbers you have 2 number that have the same amount of points and are next on the list to be dicarded?

====================================================

I have had this happen before.  I usually go with the number that has shown up most recently.  This is where science becomes art.

The other system I use works on basically the same premise... Pick any 6 consecutive numbers and track how often the pick 3 winners fall in that class of 6 consecutive (e.g. numbers 2-7).  Doesn't happen all the time but when it does it also usually comes in bunches.

Yes, over time, I have come out ahead.  I play $20 at a time (6 wheeled) with a prize of $40 (any order).  Since I play until I lose twice after a hit, I have lost $40 before going on a win streak where I come out ahead.

mike

retxx's avatar - mrthumbs
          BOSTON
          United States
          Member #48
          September 9, 2001
          3594 Posts
          Posted: July 13, 2004, 9:38 pm - IP Logged

tester; hi I would like to try it out for Mass. which is a pic 4 state but we payoff on first 3 also but could you clarify your system with a chart step by step so we can understand it better,also how to apply it for the pic 4 if you can. Thanks

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
            Dump Water Florida
            United States
            Member #380
            June 5, 2002
            3104 Posts
            Posted: July 14, 2004, 1:21 am - IP Logged
            Quote: Originally posted by tester on July 13, 2004

====================================================

I have had this happen before.  I usually go with the number that has shown up most recently.  This is where science becomes art.

The other system I use works on basically the same premise... Pick any 6 consecutive numbers and track how often the pick 3 winners fall in that class of 6 consecutive (e.g. numbers 2-7).  Doesn't happen all the time but when it does it also usually comes in bunches.

Yes, over time, I have come out ahead.  I play $20 at a time (6 wheeled) with a prize of $40 (any order).  Since I play until I lose twice after a hit, I have lost $40 before going on a win streak where I come out ahead.

mike

Hi Mike welcome to Lottery Post:

The system sounds as good as any I've seen, but I suspect you can improve on the return.  At http://www.lotto-logix.com/txthouse/lottodojo2.html the Tip: at the bottom of the page can have an amazing effect on the profitability of any Pick-3/4 system that works reasonably well box or straight.  BobP

United States
              Member #1759
              June 29, 2003
              1156 Posts
              Posted: July 14, 2004, 11:14 am - IP Logged

Try this strategy seperate the numbers into 3 groups Low-0,1,2,3 Med-4,5,6 and High-7,8,9.Eliminate 1 group from the 3 let's say you eliminated the Med group that would leave Low-0,1,2,3 and High-7,8,9.You want to have 6 numbers every time to wheel so if you select the Low group just eliminate 1 number.Low-1,2,3 and High-7,8,9

6 numbers to wheel.

dallas
                United States
                Member #5594
                July 13, 2004
                3 Posts
                Posted: July 15, 2004, 12:00 am - IP Logged

I have used the "3 groups" idea before when going for straights.  It is a very good system.

Everyday track where the numbers came in at... 

(i.e.)

9  7  6 =  High High Low

3  2  4 =  Med Med Low

etc, etc.

Keep track of how the numbers fall into their respective groups and then play your groups.  The kicker is in deciding which number to discard.

mike

United States
                  Member #1759
                  June 29, 2003
                  1156 Posts
                  Posted: July 15, 2004, 12:38 pm - IP Logged

Well since the only Group you'll need to eliminate a number from is the Low Group it's not that hard.The other 2 groups you won't have to because you'll always play 4,5,6 or 7,8,9 together or with the Low Group.Now if you have Low-0,1,2,3 and High-7,8,9 you just use software that tracks number hit frequencies to help eliminate a number from the Low Group or use a 40 draw hsitory to do it yourself through visual analysis.So you simplify the number selection process by only having to eliminate 1 number from 4 in the Low Group the other 2 you don't need to mess with.Once you've figured out which 2 number groups to use your next step is making sure you have 6 numbers to wheel if the Low Group is chosen with one of the other 2.

United States
                    Member #1759
                    June 29, 2003
                    1156 Posts
                    Posted: July 15, 2004, 12:45 pm - IP Logged

I think your Groups are categorised differently from mine

(yours) 9 7 6= High,High,Low

(mine) 9 7 6= High,High,Med

(yours) 3 2 4= Med,Med,Low

(mine) 3 2 4= Low,Low,Med

Low=0,1,2,3=

Med=4,5,6=(6)

High=7,8,9=(9,7)

Low=0,1,2,3=(3,2)

Med=4,5,6=(4)

High=7,8,9=

United States
                      Member #2873
                      November 25, 2003
                      1132 Posts
                      Posted: July 15, 2004, 10:29 pm - IP Logged

tester,

The system that you are discribing is certainly valid and is very much a subset of the Fire & Ice Pick 3 System.

There might be very slight differences in ranking, but when you play the Fire & Ice Pick 3 with a selection of only 6 Hot Numbers you will find very similar results.

It is also using 10 previous draws and creates a ranking of the numbers based on frequency and on how recently the numbers occurred. It then wheels the numbers, in your case the 6 hot numbers and tries to come up with the most likely straight option by using positional evalutions of the previous picks as well. In additon it will eliminate the last ten draws from the selection as well.

Here an example using the previous ten draws before Texas July 13, and the result......

Fire & Ice PICK 3 Wheeling System
                      Date: Thu Jul 15 19:17:00 PDT 2004
                      Draw entries: 10 /previous ten draws
                      290 868 168 298 941 478 466 578 234 590 /most recent to oldest

Hot#: 6(724698) /top 6 almost teh same as yours
                      Cold#: 0()

Hot/Cold Filters:
                      HHH /Obviosly only Hot Numbers selected
                      Number Filters:
                      Singles /For the example only singles selected

Playing Suggestions: 20 /The Wheeled Results
                      689 489 789 684 687 829 649 679 682 784
                      629 749 782 842 647 729 942 627 642 724

Boxed hit of July 13 marked in red.

It might be interesting for you to compare your results with the Fire & Ice 3 System, which can be downloaded as a fully working 10 times demo at http://www.tciworld.com/FIREANDICE/download.htm.

Good Luck!