Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 3:19 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Bad News MO Players...

Topic closed. 25 replies. Last post 12 years ago by Webmaster L.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
JAP69's avatar - alas
South Carolina
United States
Member #6
November 4, 2001
8790 Posts
Posted: July 16, 2004, 12:00 am - IP Logged

That is bad bryan. Going to throw eveything out of whack for you.
And they know it too. They watch these sites as to whats going on.
Have you done states with rng drawings?

MAGA

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23277 Posts
    Posted: July 16, 2004, 12:09 am - IP Logged

Simply amazing.  Especially for the "show me" state.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Bryan's avatar - Lottery-002.jpg
      Mid-Missouri
      United States
      Member #644
      August 31, 2002
      4271 Posts
      Posted: July 16, 2004, 12:20 am - IP Logged

Yeah, I've posted for a few

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
        Stone Mountain*Georgia
        United States
        Member #828
        November 2, 2002
        10491 Posts
        Posted: July 16, 2004, 12:37 am - IP Logged

Don't let them tell you it's a true RNG either Bryan. It's just another Pseudo or PRNG. I would have to guit ...... The thing that kills it for me is the way they test an PRNG to see if it will work.  It must not conform to any of the normal statistically random expectations. That's all there is ....  Ofcouse, it is a cheap way for the States to lower their cost. So guess what's going to dventually happen to all of us. 

The only real failure .....is the failure to try.                               

Luck is a very rare thing....... Odds not so much. 

Odds never change .....but probability does. 

Win d    

Mid-Missouri
          United States
          Member #644
          August 31, 2002
          4271 Posts
          Posted: July 16, 2004, 12:50 am - IP Logged

Yeah, they had some mathematician (sp) on T.V. talking about how it was truly random and he has tested over and over and all is well. They have done like 35,000 test drawings to see the results to test this new method. blah, blah, blah....

It wouldn't have been so bad if they would have told us up front and we knew it was coming. That's the part that bugs me so bad....

Well, I said I was done ranting. So, I'll hold to that...

Good Luck Everyone,

Bryan  :)

Bluegrass's avatar - nw archer.jpg
            Killer's Cove
            United States
            Member #57
            December 17, 2001
            5631 Posts
            Posted: July 16, 2004, 1:29 am - IP Logged

Bryan, Are they going to alter the pay-outs ?  MO is still among the best in that department.

Going to scrap all my MO data and programs, don't like the 'random' drawings at all.

Best wishes buddy, hope you can find a way to keep winning !

Bob

US Flag    Life i$ good !  US Flagbg

Mid-Missouri
              United States
              Member #644
              August 31, 2002
              4271 Posts
              Posted: July 16, 2004, 1:38 am - IP Logged

I don't know Bob,

I'm not sure how long ago it was, but it hasn't been that long ago that they went to the upper payouts. (maybe 5 years) And considering MO made the most money of any lottery in the US this year I can't see them changing the payouts, but you never know....

Thanks Bob,

paymenow's avatar - scenery water_mountains.jpg
                Cardiff by the Sea, San Diego, CA
                United States
                Member #4097
                March 21, 2004
                174 Posts
                Posted: July 16, 2004, 4:16 am - IP Logged

Yes, I was afraid that something like this was going to happen.  However, I did not think that it would happen so soon.  I am really ticked off at this type of change. 

I have, however, been hitting the Pick 3 here in Missouri really, really hard though.  I just keep catching a ton of straight bets practically each and every night.  Yesterday and  today for example, I caught the 458 and the 941 both straight.  Twenty times.  Each number.  I think that my excessive winnings have been drawing some very keen attention and that is one of the reasons why I have been trying to keep a low profile. 

Well, now that the games are changing, I guess that I will have to figure out some sort of new strategy on how to continue beating them.  I think that the lottery commission has watchers on this site.  They are always interested in what we are doing.  Also, the other day when I had to go to the main office to cash all of my tickets, one of the management executives in the office started asking me a ton of questions as to how and why I keep winning so much.  I told him that I consulted with a psychic.  Of course, he didn't believe me.  I felt really uncomfortable there. 

You know that's okay if the Missouri games change so much that we can't win with the same rate of consistency anymore because I have already started charting and playing other states with enormous success as well.  It is just time consuming to do several states.  That's okay.  I have some very specific goals in mind anyway.  Once they are achieved, I could give a hoot what state does with the games. 

Besides that, I am never going to play their stupid Lotto anyway.  Not when the Pick 3 can pay me everyday more money than what most people make on a regular job in 2 to 3 months. 

Hey, it goes back to point of what I've said a long time ago about winning.  If you can beat them, then beat them.  Just shut up and do it.  Don't make too much noise about it because they will most certainly change the way the game is played so that you and others like you may not do so anymore.  Remember, you're not supposed to win, at least not in any consistent manner or in any big way. 

The Fat Lady is singing just yet, as we will still all have to wait and see.  Meanwhile, I will continue to play as I have always done. 

PayMeNow

caronel's avatar - shapes quad_feather.jpg
                  Florida
                  United States
                  Member #5022
                  June 10, 2004
                  29 Posts
                  Posted: July 16, 2004, 5:29 am - IP Logged

Too bad players couldnt uni

JAP69's avatar - alas
                    South Carolina
                    United States
                    Member #6
                    November 4, 2001
                    8790 Posts
                    Posted: July 16, 2004, 8:44 am - IP Logged
                    Quote: O

MAGA

JAP69's avatar - alas
                      South Carolina
                      United States
                      Member #6
                      November 4, 2001
                      8790 Posts
                      Posted: July 16, 2004, 8:59 am - IP Logged
                      Quote: O

MAGA

Mid-Missouri
                        United States
                        Member #644
                        August 31, 2002
                        4271 Posts
                        Posted: July 16, 2004, 9:19 pm - IP Logged

Wow! Did I ever get a response to my e-mail. I had to scroll down 7 times with my scroll button on my mouse to read the whole response. It was very informative. It is what should have been posted on the website at least 2 weeks ago, if not longer. One section of the response said they were going to post something on the website tonight about it. That's a 3 day notice before it happens.

Anyway, they have actually raised the prizes again, but only $2 per hit. It's a flat $600 dollars for a P3 straight hit. The same also applies to a front three/back three in the P4. The other prizes didn't change.

One of the things they had in this letter that may be of interest to others in the forum is that Powerball is considering going computerized within the next couple of months. 

Some of the stuff in the letter is actually pretty cool. They explain the security precautions that are involved and few more items like that. If anyone would like to read the letter PM me and I will be glad to send it your way.

Good Luck,

Chief Bottle Washer
                          New Jersey
                          United States
                          Member #1
                          May 31, 2000
                          23277 Posts
                          Posted: July 16, 2004, 9:34 pm - IP Logged

Bryan,

If you wouldn't mind, please post the letter here so everyone can see their response.

Thanks!

Mid-Missouri
                            United States
                            Member #644
                            August 31, 2002
                            4271 Posts
                            Posted: July 16, 2004, 9:43 pm - IP Logged

Here you go Todd, as requested....

Thanks for your interest in the Missouri Lottery and for writing us
                            with your questions and concerns.  It is always nice to hear from our
                            players.

The information you are receiving from your other source is correct,
                            the Missouri Lottery will be converting to an automated draw system on
                            Monday, July 19 and we will also be adding a Midday draw to the daily
                            games (Pick 3, Pick 4 and Show-Me 5 Paydown) starting Monday, July 26.
                            We know and appreciate the fact that our players need to be informed of
                            game changes, promotions, etc..., thus, we try our best to communicate
                            this information in a timely fashion.  If your other source is a
                            Missouri Lottery licensed retailer than there is a reason why they are
                            informed of the upcoming changes before the general public.  Retail
                            owners and employees are the Missouri Lottery's front line, because they
                            have to sell the games and sometimes explain how to play, etc...in which
                            case, the retailers must be prepared and sold in before the actual
                            change occurs.

Our Web site ( color=#800080www.molottery.com) is and will continue to be the best
                            place to visit for the most up-to-date information.  We will be posting
                            a news release today on our Web site that communicates the upcoming
                            changes.

I would like to take this opportunity and provide you with some
                            additional information regarding the change to the new automated draw.
                            In an effort to reduce expenses, improve security and provide a more
                            entertaining draw show, the Missouri Lottery is converting from
                            traditional draw machines to a new automated draw system and 3-D
                            computer animation to select and present the daily numbers.  Again, the
                            Lottery's new draw system, which utilizes computers and random number
                            generation to select winning numbers, will begin drawing Pick 3, Pick 4,
                            Show Me 5 Paydown and Lotto on July 19, 2004. 

The new 3-D animated draw show will be broadcast at the regular time
                            (6:57 p.m.) on participating stations. Fox Channel 2 KTVI out of St.
                            Louis, has agreed to continue televising the nightly draw show and all
                            draw shows will be available on our Web site, ( color=#800080www.molottery.com)
                            through a streamed video. The Missouri Lottery already uses an automated
                            draw system to draw the winning Club Keno numbers, which are broadcast
                            on monitors at more than 725 retail locations. 

The Missouri Lottery's decision to convert from traditional numbers
                            draws to computerized drawings will save the Lottery more than $80,000
                            annually and avoid having to replace $192,000 worth of older (10-18
                            years), and increasingly unreliable, drawing equipment.

Automated draws are an industry trend. Thirteen other lotteries
                            including California, Lotto-Quebec, Kansas, Delaware, Oregon, Minnesota,
                            Colorado, Idaho, South Dakota, Pennsylvania, Louisiana, Nebraska and
                            Indiana have already converted from traditional drawing machines to
                            computers and random number generation for all or part of their on-line
                            game drawings. Powerball, which is currently being drawn on traditional
                            draw machines from Des Moines, Iowa, is considering a conversion in the
                            upcoming months. By utilizing computers, random number generation and
                            animation, lotteries have reduced costs including personnel and
                            production, while updating the look of the draws and preserving the
                            integrity of the Lottery.  No lottery has reported a decrease in sales
                            as a result of the change.

The Lottery's new automated system utilizes a variety of new
                            technology to improve security of the draws. The new computerized system
                            software, aptly named ODDS (Online Daily Draw System), is loaded on to
                            three independent PCs that are housed in a secure draw room located next
                            to the Lottery's main computer room at headquarters in Jefferson City.
                            These draw computers are not connected to the internet or any other
                            network source. The room has no other phone or data lines from which to
                            send or receive information.

Utilizing three different PCs adds to the randomness of the overall
                            system. The selection of which draw machine will be used is determined
                            by a random drawing prior to the draw. Each of the three machines has an
                            independently certified random number generator device, which generates
                            random numbers using "thermal" and "amplifier" noises collected
                            from the computer.

The draw machines are networked to a file server, which will provide a
                            common repository for draw information. A digital video feed provides a
                            detailed record of everything that occurs on the drawing computers.
                            Special motion-activated video cameras will videotape every action on
                            the draw computer and in the draw room 24/7.

Multiple video monitors are configured so that draws can be
                            simultaneously viewed by draw personnel, computer operations and anybody
                            interested in viewing the draws from outside the draw room. Login access
                            to the draw room and each draw machine will be protected by fingerprint
                            recognition hardware and software. Only designated draw personnel will
                            have access.

The Lottery's new automated system will be operated by a draw manager
                            and independent auditor, who will conduct series of system pre-tests and
                            the actual draws. Prior to conducting pre-tests and draws, the new draw
                            system utilizes special "CDCK Check Digit" software to determine if
                            anyone has tampered with the draw equipment since the last draw. After
                            confirming that no activity has taken place since the last draw, the
                            draw manager will conduct a chi-square pre-test for all games to ensure
                            the Random Number Generator is working properly. After this
                            confirmation, the drawings will take place. The new system is designed
                            to permit only one drawing of a game per draw date.

The Lottery's computer operator will monitor the draws, via a monitor
                            in the computer room adjacent to the draw room. After the draws are
                            completed, and the winning numbers are verified by the draw manager,
                            independent auditor and computer operator, the winning numbers are
                            disseminated to the public through the Lottery's retailers, Web site,
                            hotlines and various media outlets.

The Lottery's new draw system has undergone numerous independent
                            tests and certifications to guarantee randomness. Dr. Paul Speckman, a
                            professor of statistics at the University of Missouri, conducted a
                            "Die Hard" test on the Lottery's new Random Number Generator
                            hardware. In addition, Gaming Laboratories International (GLI), an
                            independent testing lab for gaming regulators, certified the Lottery's
                            new ODDS (Online Daily Draw System) software, Random Number Generator
                            hardware, draw procedures as well as the physical security of the new
                            draw room. In addition to daily chi-square pretests conducted by the
                            draw manager and independent auditor, the Lottery's Security Division
                            will conduct monthly Random Number Generator Meter tests to ensure
                            system randomness over time.

The Lottery's new draw process will include a more entertaining 3-D
                            Animated Draw Show.  The Lottery's winning numbers will be entered
                            into a special graphics computer located at the Lottery's LETS studio,
                            which will generate a broadcast-quality 3-D animated draw show. The
                            animated draw show will continue to be uplinked at 6:57 p.m., statewide
                            for rebroadcast on participating television stations (KTVI-Fox 2 in St.
                            Louis, as well as stations in Hannibal and Kirksville).

The Lottery's initial animated draw show will be a 3-D version of our
                            old draw machines drawing the winning numbers. In the future, the
                            Lottery will develop a variety of more fun and entertaining animations
                            to present the winning numbers.

As I mentioned earlier, Missouri Lottery will be expanding from one to
                            two drawings a day on July 26th for Pick 3, Pick 4 and Show-Me 5
                            Paydown.  The drawings will now be held at 12:57 p.m. for Midday and
                            6:57 p.m. for Evening, so players have will have twice the chance to
                            play each day and twice the chance to win!  You can continue to play
                            your favorite daily game (Pick 3) for the 6:57 p.m. Evening drawing and
                            now if you choose to participate in the Midday drawing at 12:57 p.m.,
                            you can purchase a ticket for that drawing as well.

The way to play Pick 3, Pick 4 and Show-Me 5 Paydown will not change
                            with the addition of the Midday draw.  The chances to win are same, the
                            cost is the same and the prizes are the same, with a few notable
                            exceptions:

* Pick 3's Top Prize Increase to $600
                            * Pick 4's Front 3 and Back 3 Payouts Increase to $600
                            * Both Pick 3 and Pick 4 Now Have The Highest Payouts Around!

The Lottery's Midday and Evening drawings will continue to be
                            recorded and video-streamed on the Lottery's Website. Midday draws
                            will not be broadcast on television, but will be streamed to the
                            lottery's Web site. Other sources for Midday draw numbers will include
                            Check-A-Ticket machines and on-line terminals at retail, as well as the
                            local winning numbers hotline.

Thanks again for your interest in the Missouri Lottery.  If you have
                            further questions and concerns, please don't hesitate to write back or
                            call 573/751-4050.  Be sure to check out our Web site for additional
                            information concerning the upcoming changes.

Have a wonderful day!

Sincerely,

Tim Nichols
                            Customer Care Unit
                            Missouri Lottery

Chief Bottle Washer
                              New Jersey
                              United States
                              Member #1
                              May 31, 2000
                              23277 Posts
                              Posted: July 16, 2004, 9:55 pm - IP Logged

Bryan,

Thanks for posting.  I couldn't find any info on ODDS (Online Daily Draw System) software, so I'm guessing it's home-grown software.

They go to great lengths to describe the drawing process, but I'm still wondering what they mean by people will watch the drawing from an external video feed.  What, they're going to watch a tape of someone hitting a button on the keyboard??

I'm sure NASA would have a much more impressive list of technology they could spew, but accidents and bugs still happen there too.  Ball machines are just plain better than computers for a lottery drawing.  It's a sad trend.

They rake in hundreds of millions of dollars a year, and they're going to do this for a measly $80,000?  Pitiful.