Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 9:25 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

winning numbers picked by computer

Topic closed. 2 replies. Last post 12 years ago by lilwil.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
bobby623's avatar - abstract
San Angelo, Texas
United States
Member #1097
January 31, 2003
1394 Posts
Posted: July 20, 2004, 10:41 am - IP Logged

Computer generated lottery numbers might become a reality in Texas, according to July commission meeting minutes posted on the TLC website.

Anyone know of any state where the bouncing balls have been replaced by a computer?

Are the players happy? Have lottery profits increased?

All computers have software, which can be manipulated in favor of the politicians. Since tickets sales are cutoff before a drawing, it would be fairly easy for the computer to find and come up with a winning combination that wasn't sold. There are numerous other tricks lottery officials could employ to limit prize payouts.

The lottery operators would deny any manipulation, but the ones we have in Texas will do anything to make an extra dollar. The commission can't be sued and the people who are suppose to supervise lottery activities are looking the other way. My opinon, of course.

Forestville, MD, USA
    United States
    Member #398
    June 12, 2002
    67 Posts
    Posted: July 22, 2004, 8:20 am - IP Logged

See my post on Computer Generated Numbers.  I agree -- it IS possible -- and if so, would basically nullify quite a few lottery systems and dream numbers, as well.  I guess one just has to hope that they've played the "least played set of numbers" of the draw to be a winner (smiles).

Someone mentioned that this is how KENO numbers are picked.

Alicerosalyn

lilwil's avatar - lion
      lithonia,ga
      United States
      Member #3508
      January 26, 2004
      45 Posts
      Posted: July 23, 2004, 10:43 pm - IP Logged

We often wonder if the bouncing ball theme is manipulated here in Ga. They have several practice rounds and we  are curios as to which round is being aired.

just curious