Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 9:46 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lotto Architect feedback

Topic closed. 99 replies. Last post 12 years ago by LANTERN.

Page 6 of 7
PrintE-mailLink
lottoarchitect's avatar - waveform

Greece
Member #2815
November 18, 2003
502 Posts
Posted: August 22, 2004, 11:52 am - IP Logged

retxx, this would be harsh to do. The program designed to allow several approaches so you can find the one (or more) that provide better results and use them. The easiest way to begin with is to use the HCD system and produce the most probable numbers to come (and play the numbers in a wheel). The other systems (number groups - rejection filters) dive in more analysis to allow sensible filtering. All concepts described in the help file - when & how to use something.

If you have something to do, at least do it well...

Greece
    Member #2815
    November 18, 2003
    502 Posts
    Posted: August 22, 2004, 8:18 pm - IP Logged

At the import wizard, the bottom selections are to omit certain numbers displayed in the text file.

You don't need to delete any information from your text file. Set the skip mode to "Beginning of each line" to remove the draw# index and set the following parameter to 1. Enable the date option and set it's format accordingly. Note the index of the draw# is not used and the program will place the draw to its correct position based on the date provided. 

JKING's avatar - Kaleidoscope 3.gif

United States
      Member #5599
      July 13, 2004
      1184 Posts
      Posted: August 28, 2004, 4:16 pm - IP Logged

apagogeas,

I'm here, and have been following the post throughout. I stand by my original input, the fourth post of this thread. If you look at the forest of comments so far and not the individual trees, it seems to confirm what I was saying. Just that little more polish, of ease for the user/ easy to complex options for picking numbers and you'll have a winner that's very easy to sell.

I could be wrong, but I didn't see an associated error ratio associated with any of the filter options. It would be nice to know as you are changing parameters.

Best of luck with this, seriously. It's al lot of good work and a very nice program. It's just not my time for it. Possibly in the future.

You are a slave to the choices you have made.  jk

Even a blind squirrel will occasioanlly find an acorn.

Australia
        Member #3084
        December 22, 2003
        328 Posts
        Posted: August 29, 2004, 3:11 am - IP Logged

JKing

Occam's razor put more bluntly - Always look for the simple solution first.
        eg Is the plug in the wall socket and the switch turned on.

All the technician's I taught over the years I used to drum in 3 things:

1 Think. ( You will be amazed how many people don't.)

2 Imprint into your brain a visualization of the Big Picture.

3 Look for the simple solution first.

As far as Lotto Systems are concerned establish a method to measure your system against the performance of Random Selections. When you're about equal in performance you have a starting point to improve from.

All the fancy talking and number scrunching, munching, bunching and I might as throw in lunching don't mean a diddlely wop unless you put the numbers on the board.

I feel better now.

Colin

JKING's avatar - Kaleidoscope 3.gif

United States
          Member #5599
          July 13, 2004
          1184 Posts
          Posted: August 29, 2004, 10:10 am - IP Logged

Colin F,

Appreciate, and respect your point view, even if I don't agree with it. I have faith in what I'm trying to do...and the numbers, that will happen in time. The fact that my post are almost all for fantasy 5, a much higher odds game, you shouldn't expect the same pecentages as a pick 3. Over all, I think I'm running a 30% to 40% pick accuracy for matching individual numbers picked within a draw. Something that isn't measured here. 

Which way is the best way to play and analyze? It's totally a matter of opinion. And if you can help me with mine or I can help you with yours....that's what is really important. 

You are a slave to the choices you have made.  jk

Even a blind squirrel will occasioanlly find an acorn.

Greece
            Member #2815
            November 18, 2003
            502 Posts
            Posted: September 6, 2004, 9:03 am - IP Logged
            Quote: Originally posted by JKING on August 28, 2004

apagogeas,

I'm here, and have been following the post throughout. I stand by my original input, the fourth post of this thread. If you look at the forest of comments so far and not the individual trees, it seems to confirm what I was saying. Just that little more polish, of ease for the user/ easy to complex options for picking numbers and you'll have a winner that's very easy to sell.

I could be wrong, but I didn't see an associated error ratio associated with any of the filter options. It would be nice to know as you are changing parameters.

Best of luck with this, seriously. It's al lot of good work and a very nice program. It's just not my time for it. Possibly in the future.

Opinions are welcome either good or bad. Regarding the ease of use, surely the more advanced a program is, the more difficult to instantly get used to it. Also, don't forget that this is the first try for this program in the market. New versions will have several systems to aid more novice users to get started and the program will transform according to users' needs and comments. I'll not degrade the quality of this program to fulfil very novice users as I do not want to make a simple program and be worthless. Lottery analysis/prediction is not an easy subject as many people want it to be. Thank you for your comments

United States
              Member #986
              January 5, 2003
              280 Posts
              Posted: September 6, 2004, 9:58 am - IP Logged

apagogeas......I would be very interested in the HCD part of your system if you ever disect it from the original program.  I know it's a tough thing to think of being all the work you put into the system but it could also be profitable to you.  If any other members have the same idea please voice it maybe we could sway apagogeas in that direction.

Greece
                Member #2815
                November 18, 2003
                502 Posts
                Posted: September 11, 2004, 2:04 pm - IP Logged

Well, Maryland the HCD is a prediction engine that generates numbers to play. As there is not such a system that always finds all correct numbers among 7-10 suggested numbers, it is not of use if you plan to use it as is. More often you have all numbers among 15-20 or more which can be a realistic target. But such sizes are quite expensive to play. This means the system is not so good to use as a stand-alone system (as it happens with every number prediction engine). For this reason, the additional systems included (number groups) which can be used cleverly with HCD. This means, if I prepare a stand-alone HCD, you lose half of its power. No-one will benefit by a stand-alone HCD system and I have already plans to improve it significantly to provide even better results to use within Lotto Architect systems.

Greece
                  Member #2815
                  November 18, 2003
                  502 Posts
                  Posted: September 27, 2004, 9:41 am - IP Logged

Preparation of the next version begin in a few days. If you want to suggest ideas in order to make the program better (besides those already listed in this thread), you are welcome to do so! I already have a good improvements list from current users but I would like to here opinions from anyone who has tried the demo too. Thanks

Lee's Summit, Mo.
                    United States
                    Member #6519
                    August 26, 2004
                    192 Posts
                    Posted: September 27, 2004, 5:34 pm - IP Logged

apagogeas...I have a problem.  As I said, I'm a computer novice.  I downloaded your program but I couldn't get anything to happen.  For instance, I went to 10 Number Group. I clicked on everything on the menu bar and nothing happened.  I tried to do something on matching criteria, nothing happened.  So I went to 10.2 Predefined Number Groups.  The cursor didn't work on anything.  However, if I right clicked, a box opened that had, annotate, copy, etc.....I couldn't do anything with these things even though I fiddled around with them.  You mentioned several things to save and stage 2 calculations but that only confused me.  You did say that the program can be modified...does that mean I could modify it or that I have to bring it to a programmer to modify it?  The price sounds fair to me, $61.00 U.S...is that right....and I would buy it just to fiddle around with it until I learned to use it...but as I said, I can't even take the first step to get started and I suspect that it may be because I have a terrible time with computers.  It's embarrassing, but its a fact.  Your comments please.

Greece
                      Member #2815
                      November 18, 2003
                      502 Posts
                      Posted: September 27, 2004, 6:02 pm - IP Logged

I'm not sure what you mean nothing happened. Whatever icon you click on the menu bar, it launches at least window. Also, annotate, copy etc are not used anywhere. Where did you get this menu from???

The program cannot be modified for sure! Where did I say that?

$cnote's avatar - nw saucyelf.jpg

United States
                        Member #4283
                        April 8, 2004
                        65 Posts
                        Posted: September 27, 2004, 7:00 pm - IP Logged

Apapogeas,

This is in response to your post above about wanting good/bad feedback. I don't consider this either, just honest from my point of view. It seems like most of the feedback that you've received thus far and which might be labeled "good" are from folks who seem to be more technical then the majority.

I myself am not as technical, but am interested in new ways to "beat the system". I did not go deep into your program because frankly, I don't have that type of time. It was sort of like an overdone resume. No insult intended. However, if a resume comes to my attention and I have to do "research" (read a novel) in order to get a brief understanding of what the person did in their last position, I'm just not that interested.

I'm sure you've reviewed and noticed that most of your feedback is from techie type males, again, no insult intended. My guess is that you are interested in the "majority", which doesn't seem to be the case. The same folks who seem to be interested, are asking the same type of technical questions that the lay person would find overwhelming and not very interesting. The inital look kinda looks like the backside of the program, all foreign language to a non-technical person. As Maryland stated before, a bulleted type of go by would, in my opinion get you more hits of interest from the majority(lay people). If I were shopping, I would find this one a hard sale. Hope this helps.

The above is just my personal opinion and is for Apapogeas' request of "feedback".  Thanks. 

Greece
                          Member #2815
                          November 18, 2003
                          502 Posts
                          Posted: September 27, 2004, 7:40 pm - IP Logged

Making an advanced program ready to use for the "majority" and less technical people, is a great challenge. This program has still a long way to go in order to achieve that great level of being comfortable to the "majority" as you call it. Keep in mind (general speaking) that doing so, in many cases detiorates the quality/performance of a program. Surely, the easiest a program is to use, the better from many aspects but danger lurks.

I had to make a decision: simple/easy to use & bad results OR advanced & more difficult to use and probably better results. I decided the second one because I want to hit the big prize and not to play around with a "toy" for fun. This is what makes this program different from many others. As I said, lottery prediction is not an easy subject to deal with. People who believe that by clicking a button can give them the desired/winning results have to reconsider their ideas. Predicting lotteries is one of the toughest areas to apply science on. If you want "toys" no problem. I accept all your comments without any hard feelings because I know my program is difficult to understand at first sight but not that difficult to use. That is because it is totally different than any other program around and therefore you have to get familiar with its concepts. I work on several levels to make it as good as possible even for the novice user to become a better analyst - and gain more. Technically speaking, this program might be one of the most advanced lottery programs ever made. You can do really amazing things not possible in other software. At least you can try them and see if they provide better results - this is the basic idea of this program. The program's development cycle has at least 3 more intense years which means there are a lot more to come in time. These include new tools, novice wizards, automated features and more.

There is one goal only: to create the ultimate lottery studio, able to catch any lottery around if possible using the most advanced systems on all levels. Do not expect all these to come right away, this is what development is about. The core of the whole system is v2.2 which you have tried already. To be honest, I'll not be surprised if other programmers design new systems like mine; soon you'll find out this is the way to go for really advanced lottery programs.

For example, do you know of any software that deals with "matrix wheels"? Or let you create several number groups and mix them based on some criteria defined for each group or in combinations? These are very acceptable tactics that someone can use in Lotto Architect. I don't know of any other software that can do any these things (correct me if I'm wrong). There are many more than these you can do. The real problem for a novice user is that he can do a lot with this program and he doesn't know where to begin from. I accept that. Anyway, I think you get my point.

Lee's Summit, Mo.
                            United States
                            Member #6519
                            August 26, 2004
                            192 Posts
                            Posted: September 27, 2004, 8:23 pm - IP Logged

On Wednesday, 8 September, I received an e-mail from you.  The first two sentences.  Hi Joe, Well the number groups system is not only for viewing of  course! Everything can be modified, accessed, created etc. within this system.       

That's how I got the idea that the program can be modified.

Greece
                              Member #2815
                              November 18, 2003
                              502 Posts
                              Posted: September 27, 2004, 8:27 pm - IP Logged

lol