Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 12:55 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What do you think about the Prediction pa

Topic closed. 20 replies. Last post 12 years ago by fast eddie.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
fast eddie's avatar - lasvegas2
Chicago,IL.
United States
Member #2902
November 29, 2003
1426 Posts
Posted: July 31, 2004, 9:14 pm - IP Logged

I was wondering if anyone would like to give their opinion about the Prediction /  Top predictors page? Do you have an idea as to how to make it better? or is it perfect the way it is? Also I know in the near future there with be different levels of membership here at the Lottery Post which will allow a person to make more predictions than another person. Does this matter? I have lots of questions and ideas but would like to hear from other people first before I say too much. One thing I'll say, I take my predictions seriously and enjoy the competition it brings and would like there to be a more extensive breakdown of each persons prediction results with regard to the state and game type without to jumping around to view it. Thanks for your input. fast eddie

"Money won is twice as sweet as money earned"

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23267 Posts
    Posted: July 31, 2004, 9:53 pm - IP Logged

fast eddie,

I'm looking forward to hearing your feedback.  The only way things can continue to get better is if people speak up with ideas.  I can't say whether or not your ideas will be shared by others, or if they will make it into the site design, but making the suggestion is the only way to have a shot at it.

A lot of the features on Lottery Post are from direct suggestions from members, or comments that I've picked up here or there.

Anyone who has some feedback/suggestions, please add them to this thread.  Thanks!

Check the State Lottery Report Card
    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

San Diego
      United States
      Member #4520
      May 1, 2004
      243 Posts
      Posted: July 31, 2004, 10:02 pm - IP Logged

Allow posting of predictions for pari-mutuel games ahead of times, according to the rules, but have the system only display them after the draws. Protects the predictor, but still provides the credibility.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19828 Posts
        Posted: July 31, 2004, 10:07 pm - IP Logged

dragon,

What are the players that use the prediction page as a guide for picking their numbers suppose to do?

RJOh

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

East Jordan, MI
          United States
          Member #2
          June 1, 2001
          675 Posts
          Posted: July 31, 2004, 10:44 pm - IP Logged

I agree with RJOh even though I think that someone could potentially use the existing member predictions to post their own.  eg; using other members posted numbers as a filter for their own picks.  If no one else hits in a state, then that person has the advantage.

Which I'm sure most would agree is in bad form.  Picking their numbers to play for real is one thing, using them to post on the predictions page is another camel altogether.

four4me's avatar - gate1
            MD
            United States
            Member #1701
            June 18, 2003
            8362 Posts
            Posted: July 31, 2004, 11:00 pm - IP Logged

Basically you can tell by the post date/time if somebody was to copy all of someone's else's numbers and paste them as their own. It is possible for someone to post some of the same numbers without trying to be a copy cat. I had 2020 for today and so did someone else I didn't copy the number in fact I don't even look at the page most times before I post. I just post what I created for that day regardless of what or who posted.

East Jordan, MI
              United States
              Member #2
              June 1, 2001
              675 Posts
              Posted: July 31, 2004, 11:35 pm - IP Logged

I agree with that also.....

Two unrelated systems can produce the same numbers.  I'm just saying the potential for exploitation is there.  Nor am I pointing any fingers, in case anyone feels that's where this thread is going.

I'm just addressing a concern that was brought up.

Daily Stats for the incomplete list of winners would give a blow-by-blow comparison as the day wears on.

Chief Bottle Washer
                New Jersey
                United States
                Member #1
                May 31, 2000
                23267 Posts
                Posted: July 31, 2004, 11:47 pm - IP Logged

George:

Blow-by blow stats are already available.  Just click Yesterday's Winners and then select today's date.

East Jordan, MI
                  United States
                  Member #2
                  June 1, 2001
                  675 Posts
                  Posted: July 31, 2004, 11:51 pm - IP Logged

Cool.... I didn't even see it that way.  Thanks for pointing that out.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19828 Posts
                    Posted: August 1, 2004, 12:45 am - IP Logged

I never gave a thought to someone reposting someone's else predictions as their own.  I've been PM for some data and then later saw it in a post by some one else, but I guess if you don't want to share you don't communicate.

RJOh

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Chicago,IL.
                      United States
                      Member #2902
                      November 29, 2003
                      1426 Posts
                      Posted: August 1, 2004, 11:59 am - IP Logged

I'm going to chime in now. First of all I hope the idea of allowing a person to post more than 10 picks gets shelved. I'm not sure when Todd speaks of membership levels if he plans to charge in order to post more picks but if that's the case I can think of many other ways to generate revenue without messing with the prediction page. Before the page was up and running I stated that each pesron should only be allowed a maxium of 5 picks, so when it ended up at 10 I wasn't too upset. My figuring is this, say someone post five picks and they've been Hot for a few weeks and decide you want to play their numbers. If you had five or ten combo's to chose from, most people could actually afford to play them. Where as if someone is allowed to post 50 predictions, most people won't play all of them and would have to decide which ones they wanted to play and hope they picked the right ones. I feel the pick 3 and pick 4 forum is the place for these posts, I love to look at people's monthly hit sheet and see the other members respond with the WTG when they see one of the numbers listed has hit. I believe outsiders do use the prediction page for numbers and so do Lottery Post members so I believe allowing more predictions is not the way to go, in fact I say drop it down to 5 picks. There are a lot of talented prognosticators here at the Lottery Post and would love a more concise prediction page. Sorry for the rambling.  Eddie

I would love to hear from other people who post picks on how serious they take their predictions and anything else regarding The predictions/ Top predictor page. Thanks Eddie

Benjamin'04's avatar - dude
                        Michigan
                        United States
                        Member #5910
                        July 27, 2004
                        266 Posts
                        Posted: August 1, 2004, 1:23 pm - IP Logged

I actually agree with Eddie, allowing membership to post more then 10 would only devalue that persons credibility....more is not alawys better, sure your likely to hit, but who the heck's gonna wanna play all 50 of your numbers....who even has the time to post them (I know i don't). I suggest that the prediction system gets cleaned up, the statistics are cool, but i have to search almost all of the time to look up who's hot or not.....There should be like a seperate page for all lottery drawings for all states.....but im not complaining, just sugesting

Lucky

Ben..Ben..Ben...If U wanna see those Benjamins it is imperative U play smart

Peace, Godluck

Chief Bottle Washer
                          New Jersey
                          United States
                          Member #1
                          May 31, 2000
                          23267 Posts
                          Posted: August 1, 2004, 2:14 pm - IP Logged

I disagree.  The hit ratio and prize ratio is much more important that the quantity of picks.  If I could play 50 picks and consistently come out ahead, then I would use that system over a system that only had 5 picks and didn't have a high prize ratio.

You need to open your mind to different ways of playing, even if you wouldn't personally play that way.

Chicago,IL.
                            United States
                            Member #2902
                            November 29, 2003
                            1426 Posts
                            Posted: August 1, 2004, 2:27 pm - IP Logged

Todd, I have to disagree with you. Take IL. pick four for example. Lets say I think you've been hot with your picks lately, there are 13 pick four draws per week in Il. and say you post 5 picks per drawing, and I play them 50/50. 5 x 13= $65.00 bucks a week, you hit a box I'm ahead for the week, you hit a straight and I'm up big. Now let's take your 50 picks the same way. 50 picks x 13= $650.00 for the week, I dont care how good your picks are no one is going to shell out $650.00 on picks. If your going to make it 50 picks, why not make it 500 picks or a 1000. Please keep it at ten or less. Thanks Eddie

Chief Bottle Washer
                              New Jersey
                              United States
                              Member #1
                              May 31, 2000
                              23267 Posts
                              Posted: August 1, 2004, 2:37 pm - IP Logged

Eddie,

Well, I have to disagree with YOU.  If I can make a big profit by investing $650.00 a week, I'll be the first to do it.  Like I said, you need to open your mind that other people may have different opinions from you.

You want to limit MY choices, while I have made no attempt to limit YOUR choices.  My opinion is that ALL choices should be available, and people who want to eliminate some choices should do the minimal work required to filter out what they don't want to see.