Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 2:39 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Should I combine Illinois and Iowa?

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 12 years ago by Rick G.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

Should the Illinois and Iowa Pick 3 predictions be combined into one multi-state Pick 3 game?

Yes [ 12 ]  [60.00%]
No [ 8 ]  [40.00%]
Total Valid Votes [ 20 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 1 ]  
Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
Chief Bottle Washer
New Jersey
United States
Member #1
May 31, 2000
23259 Posts
Posted: August 5, 2004, 3:15 pm - IP Logged

Iowa and Illinois each have their own Pick 3 games, but they use one set of draw results for both games.

Right now, you can post Pick 3 predictions for Iowa, and you can create different Pick 3 predictions for Illinois.  If I were to combine both games into one multi-state game in the system, you would post one set of predictions that would cover both states.

If you vote:

• Yes - I will create a new multi-state Illinois/Iowa Pick 3 game, and eliminate the two independent games that are currently there.  You will not be able to post different numbers for each state, but if you post "All States" one set of predictions will cover both states.  If you have a winner, you will get credit for one win, not two (one win for each state).  Creating the new game will also eliminate the predictions history for both Pick 3 games.

• No - I will keep things the way they are right now.  You can post different picks for Iowa and Illinois, although the picks for both states are compared against a single set of winning numbers.

If you have any questions, be sure to post your questions before you vote!  (Don't vote until you're 100% sure.)

If there is overwhelming support for a change, then I'll change it.  Otherwise, I will keep it the same.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Benjamin'04's avatar - dude
    Michigan
    United States
    Member #5910
    July 27, 2004
    266 Posts
    Posted: August 5, 2004, 3:33 pm - IP Logged

oh s*** i voted yed, but i diregarded the last part about don't post unless sure, i don't even live in neither states....crap

Ben..Ben..Ben...If U wanna see those Benjamins it is imperative U play smart

Peace, Godluck

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
      FEMA Region V Camp #21
      United States
      Member #520
      July 27, 2002
      5699 Posts
      Posted: August 5, 2004, 6:29 pm - IP Logged

Todd,

It's six of one, half a dozen of the other re: stats.  (You're betting twice as much to win or lose twice as much.  Even if you post 10 different sets of numbers for each state, when you do win, you've posted 19 losers as well.  If you posted the same number 20 times, you'd have a big win once in awhile, but almost all of the time you would have posted 20 losers.)  How do you do the tri-state (NH, VT, ME) now?  My suggestion would be to treat the IL/IA conundrum the same way.

I'm not voting because I don't really care either way.  Just wanted to put in my two cents worth.

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

United States
        Member #379
        June 5, 2002
        11296 Posts
        Posted: August 5, 2004, 6:36 pm - IP Logged

An 18-, 19-, or 20-year-old living in Iowa cannot buy tickets in their state, but they CAN in Illinois.

United States
          Member #61
          December 22, 2001
          55 Posts
          Posted: August 5, 2004, 10:48 pm - IP Logged

Iowa uses the results from the Illinois

Lottery.................So just post the   

one set of picks.

BigDog..................I live in Iowa

Benjamin'04's avatar - dude
            Michigan
            United States
            Member #5910
            July 27, 2004
            266 Posts
            Posted: August 5, 2004, 10:54 pm - IP Logged

oh i didn't know that, then yeah i suggest my vote was put to good use, go ahead and combine the 2....thats kinda strange that they do it that way...change back though when they decide to do things seperatly

Ben..Ben..Ben...If U wanna see those Benjamins it is imperative U play smart

Peace, Godluck

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
              FEMA Region V Camp #21
              United States
              Member #520
              July 27, 2002
              5699 Posts
              Posted: August 6, 2004, 8:07 am - IP Logged

Right on Ben....I always thought it was weird too, using another state's draws for your state's picks.  But in the old days it was more common...for instance, long ago GA used IL numbers for their state too.

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).