Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 6:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How to use the Top Predictors page

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 12 years ago by four4me.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
FEMA Region V Camp #21
United States
Member #520
July 27, 2002
5699 Posts
Posted: August 8, 2004, 2:04 pm - IP Logged

Todd has given us a great way to compare predictor's picks for their state and their game and that is the 'filters option'.  You can filter for your state and the game you play and it shows very clearly who are the ones to be watching.  For example, Bobo is red hot in IL Pick 3 right now and has been consistently, having the second straight this week with a 30 day profit ratio over 600% and which has been improving.  Use the filters to your advantage.  I checked out several other states and it was very apparent who the hot predictors were for that state. 

I would like to see those that post numbers in the forum also take the limited time required to post their picks on the prediction page so people can see how well (or not) they are doing.  You would be tremendously helping the people coming here looking for  numbers for their state to play.  It's all tabulated, in one easy spot for all to see and use.

Very good tool, Todd.

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

gilla's avatar - radar

United States
    Member #566
    August 13, 2002
    2453 Posts
    Posted: August 8, 2004, 2:23 pm - IP Logged

I agree, Rick. It is a good tool.

gilla

four4me's avatar - gate1
      MD
      United States
      Member #1701
      June 18, 2003
      8363 Posts
      Posted: August 8, 2004, 2:42 pm - IP Logged

Yes, it is a good tool however one must realize that some posters post everyday for a particular state and other posters are only posting sometimes for a particular state. So where one person may have a high percentage of hits/wins over a given period. And then stopped posting for that state their percentage rate is unchanged. So I tend to go with the posters who continuously post everyday for our state and are chalking up hits. Even thought the intermittent posters have a better ratio of wins to amount of picks. It's sad that these good posters that were picking winners have stopped posting for all states. When in fact they were chalking up lots of wins. I know if they were still posting I would select some of there picks to play on several occasions.

wpb's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
        Charlotte North Carolina
        United States
        Member #464
        July 9, 2002
        17392 Posts
        Posted: August 8, 2004, 3:32 pm - IP Logged

Also there is a limit of 10 numbers for the normal members and there are more than 10 states that have the pick 3 and pick 4 games.  I realize that space is a problem but just pointing out why some posters don't use it.  I have started to use it since the link was brought to my attention but forget to post for each day and all games.  It is a great tool and thank you Todd for this options.

wpb

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
          FEMA Region V Camp #21
          United States
          Member #520
          July 27, 2002
          5699 Posts
          Posted: August 8, 2004, 3:58 pm - IP Logged

four4me,

The easiest way to distinguish that are to look for the leaders in the highest prize ratio for both 30-day and lifetime for your game and your state whether they post all-states or not.  For example, I believe Bobo posts for all states (not sure), but he's killing IL and is a huge leader in prize ratio % for both periods of time.. 

It would seem that when playing picks of those who are leaders on the prize ratio boards should be played straight and those who are high on the hit board, but not the prize ratio board should cover their bets with a box.

Another thing I look at is how much capital risk (money) would it take to attain the profit involved.  Did it take 1000 picks or 100 picks for a similar profit %. ?  Which predictor would you be playing?

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
            Chief Bottle Washer
            New Jersey
            United States
            Member #1
            May 31, 2000
            23273 Posts
            Posted: August 8, 2004, 3:59 pm - IP Logged

wbp, you can post 10 picks for every single game on a given day, not 10 picks for all games combined.  Maybe this gives you some more picks that you didn't know you had?

four4me, unfortunately I think some people stop posting all states because there is a very vocal minority that jumps all over people who post more picks than these people THINK they should.  That is why every time someone posts one of these remarks I jump all over them.  I believe that anyone should be able to post as many or as few picks as they like, and I will always defend anyone who wants to post the maximum number of picks to all states, if that's what they want to do.  It upsets me when people think that everyone should predict numbers the way they want them to.  Like no one can have a different opinion.

Anyway, if someone had some good luck, and then stops posting, maybe try encouraging them to continue posting their picks.  Letting someone know that you're using their picks can be very uplifting.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
            What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
            Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
              Chief Bottle Washer
              New Jersey
              United States
              Member #1
              May 31, 2000
              23273 Posts
              Posted: August 8, 2004, 4:00 pm - IP Logged

Rick G,

Thanks for the kind words, I'm glad you're enjoying the stats pages.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
              What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
              Help eliminate computerized drawings!

four4me's avatar - gate1
                MD
                United States
                Member #1701
                June 18, 2003
                8363 Posts
                Posted: August 8, 2004, 4:17 pm - IP Logged

Thanks Todd that's why I said what I did. I think that no person has the right to tell anybody what to do either. Just because someone posts for all states. I post for all states because many days even before you created this neat tool I saw my numbers hit everywhere but in my town. So I figure why shouldn't someone possibly benefit from my leavens. The posters that stopped posting for all states know they were on to something and to have someone PM them and tell them what or how to post is really not cool. Maybe after a while they will continue to post again for all states. While this is still a new feature maybe trying different ways of posting is an option everybody should seek his/her own method. I know from time to time I feel strange posting for all states. When my primary goal is to post possible winners for my state. I also am enjoying the stats pages. Thanks again for making this possible and good fortune to all who benefit and create them.