Welcome Guest
You last visited January 17, 2017, 6:20 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

CRUNCH 2 Update Information...

Topic closed. 25 replies. Last post 12 years ago by MikeK.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #2873
November 25, 2003
1132 Posts
Posted: August 13, 2004, 10:57 pm - IP Logged

LeRoy,

Lantern mentioned it already, but I will answer it again...

When you look at the CRUNCH 1 Emulator Filters...

<SelectFilter:BoxedHighLowNumbers> LLL, HLL, HHL, HHH
<SelectFilter:BoxedEvenOddNumbers> OOO, EOO, EEO, EEE
<SelectFilter:KeyNumbers> 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
<SelectFilter:Sums> 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27
<SelectFilter:Roots> 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
<SelectFilter:NumberTypes> S, D, T

If you want to select sum 12, and then even (root 4 will of course not bring you anything because the root of 12 is 3 so you would not get any results) you would make teh following changes..

• <SelectFilter:BoxedHighLowNumbers> LLL, HLL, HHL, HHH

• <SelectFilter:BoxedEvenOddNumbers> EEE

• <SelectFilter:KeyNumbers> 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

• <SelectFilter:Sums> 12

• <SelectFilter:Roots> 4

• <SelectFilter:NumberTypes> S, D, T

Al the not unchanged filters have all the choices selected which would be the same as if they were not selected at all.

So....

• <SelectFilter:BoxedHighLowNumbers> LLL, HLL, HHL, HHH

• <SelectFilter:KeyNumbers> 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

• <SelectFilter:NumberTypes> S, D, T

equals

I find that a strong advantage of the tool that you only have to deal with the filters you really need and want.

Here would be another example, let's use key numbers.....

<SelectFilter:KeyNumbers> 0, 2

This filter would give you all numbers that have either a 0 or a 2. (No. of Results  : 488) This was teh only way the CRUNCH 1 worked!

If you would select

• <SelectFilter:KeyNumbers> 0

• <SelectFilter:KeyNumbers> 2

The system will first select all numbers with a 0 in them, and afterwards selects from all numbers with a 0 the ones that have also a 2 in them. (No. of Results  : 54)

The CRUNCH 2 works exactly the same way as the CRUNCH 1, but it can reduce further if necessary. So everything you were able to do with the first CRUNCH can be done with the new CRUNCH as well. Very likely much easier.

Good Luck!

United States
    Member #1410
    April 22, 2003
    357 Posts
    Posted: August 15, 2004, 2:57 pm - IP Logged

Lantern & Of Course Mike,

Thanks for the explanation

I hope this helps all readers to continue to explore the Crunch 2 possibilities in their own states.

Webmaster LeRoy

United States
      Member #1410
      April 22, 2003
      357 Posts
      Posted: August 16, 2004, 1:45 pm - IP Logged

Lantern/Mike

Thanks Again for the explanation I checkeout further the crunch 2 and its filters can't be "tricked"

Lantern you were right about the system reading one line at a time.

To anyone who is watching on the sidelines take this demo for a trial.

If you want all the numbers in your game there is a button or "selection for that

If you want only singles or only doubles then there are selections for that too.

Someone mentioned that Paymenow knows where the magic numbers are within the crunch I want to tell everyone that if they follow what their individual game is doing in their own state singles tonight or doubles high or lows the crunch will give you the trend numbers that  you are following.

But the Crunch or anyother system can't give you want you want if you don't know what it is you want.

Which is why they say all numbers are equal.

So if you are watching and tracking your state's game [and of course we are right?] then we know when singles or doubles high/low are due and then Mike K goes further in t he filter dept giving you only want you select.

Webmaster LeRoy

United States
        Member #2873
        November 25, 2003
        1132 Posts
        Posted: August 16, 2004, 1:55 pm - IP Logged

LeRoy,

Thansk for your comments.

As I mentioned earlier:. There are CRUNCH updates every day or two. So you should download the latest version currently at least every second day.

While I am working on the further examples I also adjust and add different terms for the filters if necessary or requested. Yesterday for example I added the term 10ColumnSums for the AbbrSums as mentioned in a previous LittleOldLady post. I want to make sure that filters become self-explaining and that would only work if the users of the CRUNCH can recognize them asnd relate to them.

Good Luck! 

United States
          Member #2873
          November 25, 2003
          1132 Posts
          Posted: August 16, 2004, 2:04 pm - IP Logged

Leroy,

I copy an answer from a different post over here because to a certain extent it answers some of the questions in this thread as well...

The CRUNCH (version 1 and/or version 2) is a tool. Here my thoughts:

There are in a way two (almost) separate approaches of using the tool.

Approach 1: If you have only one source of data (or maybe two) your requirement is to reduce the input data to a playable amount by using the built-in filters the CRUNCH provides.

The reudcton part of the CRUNCH is what you need. The CRUNCH 2 has currently 120 filter selections, from basic High/Low and Even/Odd, Sums and Roots filters to more sophisticated filters such as Vtracs, Sedertree's Spike/Trough, more specific Hih/Medium/Low filters and more.

You can see examples of the one-source use in many of Lucky's recent posts, where he uses one source and reduces the numbers through sums and key numbers particularly. In this case high priorities are the most likely picks. As another example Latern is using more specific filters in his posts, but basically uses this approach as well.

Approach 2: If you have multiple sources of data, this changes you focus from reducing to combining. Let's say you are using different predictors or different programs to get your data. You enter these lists into the CRUNCH. Even without much filtering you will get usable results.

How? You will use the priorities in a different way than in the Approach 1. Depending on how many soruces you are using you will look for teh best numebrs to play in certain priority groups. Usually you are looking for the area that paymenow calls "midpoints", the priorities that are not the highest and not the lowest.

Why is that? You are trying to find the numbers that from all your sources end up in the middle, so to speak the "average" numbers. For example if you have equal 5 sources of data you are looking for numbers that occur between 2 and 3 times. If you have 10 sources you  are looking for numbers that occur about 5 times (betwen 4 and 6 times maybe).  You will find this approach in some of my posts, in paymenow's posts.

These are basically my thoughts concerning the usage of CRUNCH for predictions, and the expected usage of this tool, besides creating all kind of charts and fequency statistics.

GOOD LUCK!

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
            Tx
            United States
            Member #4570
            May 4, 2004
            5180 Posts
            Posted: August 16, 2004, 3:25 pm - IP Logged

I was wondering about approach # 2, I didn't use it because I didn't know where the combos were at, now I know, thanks a lot Mike, I might jus t try that approach also and see what happens

MikeK, LeRoy and PayMeNow, thanks a lot.

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

United States
              Member #1410
              April 22, 2003
              357 Posts
              Posted: August 16, 2004, 6:25 pm - IP Logged

Mike K,

You sly devil dog you implemented the feature I was discussing with you on the pick 4 however you did it for the pick 3 and called it pairs.

This feature should enable us to take it to the bank also.

Thanks

Don't remove this is  the pick 4 version.

LeRoy

United States
                Member #1410
                April 22, 2003
                357 Posts
                Posted: August 16, 2004, 6:29 pm - IP Logged

Mike K,

Since the crunch is a number's reduction tool is it possible to add the wheel feature that you have in one of your other wheels.

The 36 number combo's.

Since many on this post want a few numbers only if they know one number they can use the crunch for that one input that  one number and the system will give all other 36 combos.

Or perhaps you could expand it to include singles and doubles.

Just a thought.

LeRoy

United States
                  Member #1410
                  April 22, 2003
                  357 Posts
                  Posted: August 16, 2004, 7:06 pm - IP Logged

Mike K,

Reviewing some of the filters in the new crunch I discovered the key number filter so I thought about my post above.

Since I knew what I was looking for I worked  backwards and I need you to tell me why it didn't work.

I used a "1" for the key number and I thought I would get 36 combinations of which a "1" would appear but instead I got 55.

Nevermind - See folks even Webmaster Leroy has fun with these new programs too the crunch includes singles and doubles and triples.

But you Could remove these from your bet selections.

There's another example for you Mike.

hahahahahaha

LeRoy

United States
                    Member #1410
                    April 22, 2003
                    357 Posts
                    Posted: August 16, 2004, 7:12 pm - IP Logged

Wow Readers,

This W

United States
                      Member #2873