Welcome Guest
You last visited January 17, 2017, 4:16 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lottery Player Types.

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 12 years ago by CASH Only.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

What type of lottery player do you hate the most?

The one who hogs the machine playing numbers. [ 4 ]  [20.00%]
The rich players who don't know how to play. [ 4 ]  [20.00%]
The poor players who think they'll strike it rich. [ 3 ]  [15.00%]
The one who always wins huge amounts. [ 3 ]  [15.00%]
The one who constantly gets back in line. [ 1 ]  [5.00%]
The one who buys a ton of lotto tickets. [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
The old ones who just play two numbers. [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
The ones who buy books of scratch-offs. [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Other (Please State.) [ 5 ]  [25.00%]
Total Valid Votes [ 20 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 7 ]  
DoctorEw220's avatar - alien helmet.jpg
Yinzer Country, PA
United States
Member #4067
March 18, 2004
2741 Posts
Posted: August 15, 2004, 11:33 pm - IP Logged

Ok.  This is a good one, especially for those who operate a lottery machine.

I've redone my website.  Go to www.dr-ew.com.  I kept a lot of the old stuff, and I've added some new stuff.  Look for more new stuff in the coming weeks.

Yinzer Country, PA
    United States
    Member #4067
    March 18, 2004
    2741 Posts
    Posted: August 15, 2004, 11:34 pm - IP Logged

The people who ask for the cash option when they are at the machine, buying Powerball tickets really get to me.

I've redone my website.  Go to www.dr-ew.com.  I kept a lot of the old stuff, and I've added some new stuff.  Look for more new stuff in the coming weeks.

Yinzer Country, PA
      United States
      Member #4067
      March 18, 2004
      2741 Posts
      Posted: August 15, 2004, 11:35 pm - IP Logged

There's also the fact that they are rich too, and don't really need the money that gets to me.

Wisconsin
        United States
        Member #1610
        June 3, 2003
        668 Posts
        Posted: August 16, 2004, 2:02 am - IP Logged

I ju

... the lottery never fails to surprise!
          konane's avatar - wallace
          Atlanta, GA
          United States
          Member #1265
          March 13, 2003
          3348 Posts
          Posted: August 16, 2004, 7:24 am - IP Logged
          Quote: O

Good luck to everyone!

hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
            Pennsylvania
            United States
            Member #1340
            April 6, 2003
            2450 Posts
            Posted: August 16, 2004, 6:31 pm - IP Logged

Don't hate the players...

I play my pick a few days beforehand so if someone is "camping out" I have the option to leave and play the next day.

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
              Member #5344
              June 30, 2004
              23641 Posts
              Posted: August 16, 2004, 6:37 pm - IP Logged

I thought this post was so funny... I laughed when I read the choices.. I see them all when working at LottoLand.. Let me tell you the people we hate to see..

1. The ones that don't know what they are doing..

They tell use they want 5 plays for 2 draws when really they want 2 plays for 5 draws.. these tickets cannot be voided.. so they are considered boo boos and we either buy those or try selling them to someone who knows what they are doing.

2. The people who want play scratch offs.. but only want the ones with the biggest pay offs.. Like it was a sure thing they would get the one with $25,000 on it.

3. The people who plays for three hours only to spend all their money and want to post date checks to keep playing.. Then we find their winners in the trash after work.. Sure enough we find winning tickets in the trash because they dont see triple sevens in tic tac toe..

(( I have collect over a $1000 in winning tickets from the trash since March))) I loss four hundred of it in Tunica a few weeks ago.. HEY not my money...

4. The people who buy only one ticket at a time.. IT drives us crazy.. we cannot even eat our supper due to these people..

5. The people who do not know what they have after they scratch and we have to look over the tickets for them.. They say they forgot their glasses. For God's sake go home and get them..

These are just a few of the people I dred seeing coming..

JAP69's avatar - alas
                South Carolina
                United States
                Member #6
                November 4, 2001
                8795 Posts
                Posted: August 16, 2004, 6:47 pm - IP Logged
                Quote: Originally posted by tntea on August 16, 2004

I thought this post was so funny... I laughed when I read the choices.. I see them all when working at LottoLand.. Let me tell you the people we hate to see..

1. The ones that don't know what they are doing..
                    They tell use they want 5 plays for 2 draws when really they want 2 plays for 5 draws.. these tickets cannot be voided.. so they are considered boo boos and we either buy those or try selling them to someone who knows what they are doing.

2. The people who want play scratch offs.. but only want the ones with the biggest pay offs.. Like it was a sure thing they would get the one with $25,000 on it.

3. The people who plays for three hours only to spend all their money and want to post date checks to keep playing.. Then we find their winners in the trash after work.. Sure enough we find winning tickets in the trash because they dont see triple sevens in tic tac toe..
                (( I have collect over a $1000 in winning tickets from the trash since March))) I loss four hundred of it in Tunica a few weeks ago.. HEY not my money...

4. The people who buy only one ticket at a time.. IT drives us crazy.. we cannot even eat our supper due to these people..

5. The people who do not know what they have after they scratch and we have to look over the tickets for them.. They say they forgot their glasses. For God's sake go home and get them..

These are just a few of the people I dred seeing coming..

Doesn't tenn have a void time limit. I have had tickets voided in N.Y. as well as S.C. or are these for jackpot games.
                I have been to Ga and had a teller ask me if I wanted some jackpot tickets that the customer did not want. I bought them. They just as well could have been a jackpot win as any ticket could be.

Type

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
                  FEMA Region V Camp #21
                  United States
                  Member #520
                  July 27, 2002
                  5699 Posts
                  Posted: August 16, 2004, 8:06 pm - IP Logged

Tntea,

I can see where you are coming from on most of your points except one.....and that is only playing one ticket.  Many people (incl. me) have a limited lottery budget; many people just want to be in the drawing for one chance out of 130 million to score the jackpot.  Why spend more than $1 playing against those rediculous odds against you?  All it takes is one winning ticket from one customer for the rewards to come to the establishment that sold that ticket.  There are many winners of jackpot games who have won with just one ticket.

I play pick 3 with only one number sometimes for .50 straight.  If I thought for one second that if I won and they scorned a $2.50 store profit for 5 seconds of work at the terminal then I would go elsewhere to buy my tickets.

And one last thought along those lines, but looking at it from the customer's point of view, I only play at establishments that don't make mistakes and do pay off when you come back with a win......showing respect to the customer, and an occasional "Good luck" goes a long way with me as to who I buy from when I'm buying my next ticket(s)....and oddly so, many people agree with me on that based on ticket sales at several locations near me;  within a five minute drive from me there are probably 20 places to buy lottery tickets, but I only buy at 3 of them because of the reasons listed above, and I've found that the more serious lottery players in my area play at the same locations.

An automatic turn-off for me is the agent who sold you the ticket that day but can't afford to pay you your prize later in the day; most times he sends you down to the supermarket to collect your prize money and he still gets his 1% and hasn't even had to touch his lottery money intake for the day.  I never go back to these dudes.  Whoever sold me and cashes my ticket gets my future business, and it ain't going to be the supermarket.  I buy at convenience stores whose owners and employees are into the game and can benefit from a store win, no matter what the bet, game or jackpot is.

What bothers me the most is the amount of people wasting their money on these bad-odds scratch-offs who sit in their cars and scratch and come back in for more tickets with their minor winnings.  99% of the time they leave the parking lot as losers for the day instead of going home, scratching their tickets and applying their winnings to their next day's budget.

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

rabbitfoot's avatar - 8ball

United States
                    Member #620
                    August 25, 2002
                    205 Posts
                    Posted: August 16, 2004, 8:31 pm - IP Logged

The tight wads who never play until the lotto hits $100 million and then run around acting like they spent their last dime on the lotto or they're doing something great for society.

I play to dream and dream of winning a major jackpot!

United States
                      Member #5344
                      June 30, 2004
                      23641 Posts
                      Posted: August 17, 2004, 7:53 am - IP Logged

The people who buys the one SCRATCH OFF ticket at a time are the people I was referring to.  They stay hours buying only one dollar ticket at a time.

I have no problem with the one POWERBALL ticket customers.. Heck I only buy one set of lines at a time.. unless I buy a boo boo....

The boo boos seem to pay off more.. guess because some person rejected the ticket after it was printed.. One lady won $100 on a boo boo...

United States
                        Member #5344
                        June 30, 2004
                        23641 Posts
                        Posted: August 17, 2004, 7:55 am - IP Logged

Doesn't tenn have a void time limit. I have had tickets voided in N.Y. as well as S.C. or are these for jackpot games.

We have 15 minutes to void out Cash 3 mistakes.. but Powerball tickets cannot be voided. So it is in play..  What we cannot sell.. which are few, our boss eats the cost.  She just checks them once a week and collects on the winners and throws the losers out..

United States
                          Member #379
                          June 5, 2002
                          11296 Posts
                          Posted: August 18, 2004, 9:44 am - IP Logged

The ones who prefer annuity.

United States
                            Member #5344
                            June 30, 2004
                            23641 Posts
                            Posted: August 19, 2004, 8:05 am - IP Logged

An automatic turn-off for me is the agent who sold you the ticket that day but can't afford to pay you your prize later in the day; most times he sends you down to the supermarket to collect your prize money and he still gets his 1% and hasn't even had to touch his lottery convenience stores whose owners and employees are into the game and can benefit from a store win, no matter what the bet, game or jackpot is.money intake for the day.  I never go back to these dudes.  Whoever sold me and cashes my ticket gets my future business, and it ain't going to be the supermarket.  I buy at

I do not blame you for not going back there.  My boss has left her bed to bring up $1600 to pay off Cash 3 tickets that were not bought at our store.  The man was having a time finding a place to cash them that night.  He buys his tickets with us now..

United States
                              Member #379
                              June 5, 2002
                              11296 Posts
                              Posted: August 19, 2004, 8:23 pm - IP Logged

NY agents don't get bonuses for selling winning tix except for the biggest games.