Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 10:50 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

I HAVE A DREAM part 3 - 8/25/04

Topic closed. 11 replies. Last post 12 years ago by Sandy K.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Benjamin'04's avatar - dude
Michigan
United States
Member #5910
July 27, 2004
266 Posts
Posted: August 25, 2004, 12:14 pm - IP Logged

So i walk into this music store, and i see walls of guitars...I think i mightv'e steped into "Guitar Center". Out of all the pretty guitars I oddly chose the "black" guitar, I'm talking charcoal black people....I saw it as beautiful, prehaps because it was just so...simple, so true to itself did it need not no other color. I've never played it before, and i looked at the 499 dollar price tag and i just couldn't afford it(thats right, even in my dreams), so i asked the sales clerk to take it down for me so i can try it out....i make up this original tune that i'd wished i remembered.....It was a simple tune, one so beautiful it makes me sick to my stomach that it was forgotten...maybe it was meant to be.........remembered

Fin'

Check out my latest numbers for All-States and especially MI and OH

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/94340

Sandy K's avatar - graphic pub.jpg
    Clarkston, Michigan
    United States
    Member #76
    January 6, 2002
    8528 Posts
    Posted: August 25, 2004, 12:26 pm - IP Logged

Benjamin, didn't know you were into guitars............I play regularly......I have 3 right now............A Gibson Studio Electric Les Paul....(not black, cherry red but it still is beautiful), a Squire Stratocaster and a Fender Acoustic................

You should really shop around on the internet for the best price on guitars.........

In fact, at my husband's birthday party last Friday, we all sat around the campfire and I dragged my 2 amps out and the neighbor and I jammed for a couple hours.....we had a great time......everyone was singing and having fun.  My grandson is the only one who likes me voice though......I already got him listening to me....................by the way, I like double 9's for Michigan today besides the double 3's.....................

Sandy

Michigan
      United States
      Member #5910
      July 27, 2004
      266 Posts
      Posted: August 25, 2004, 12:42 pm - IP Logged

if i could Sandy i would send u some of my middle school band songs that the music teacher recorded, i would be happy to send them, And remember, this was when i was middle school....i'll send u the 2-3 solos i played in front of a live audience....nerve recking but strangely fun playing infront of all those people, i like the spotlight but sometimes i can get uncomfortable ( how did i  end up talking about that....)

anyways, Peace

Blackapple's avatar - nw rogue2.jpg
        Wyncote,Pa
        United States
        Member #3206
        January 3, 2004
        60714 Posts
        Posted: August 25, 2004, 12:44 pm - IP Logged

The digit 8 for Black

Its vtrac partner 3 may herald its

coming.When I think of music

the 6(Venus) & 67 pair comes to mind.

You have good picks..............:688,368,763,

268,are my thoughts

Michigan
          United States
          Member #5910
          July 27, 2004
          266 Posts
          Posted: August 25, 2004, 12:59 pm - IP Logged
          Quote: O
            Blackapple's avatar - nw rogue2.jpg
            Wyncote,Pa
            United States
            Member #3206
            January 3, 2004
            60714 Posts
            Posted: August 25, 2004, 2:31 pm - IP Logged

The 8 & 6 came 869-8/25 Mich.day could have been useful. Kentucky got 868 today

Kentucky bluegrass played on a....  

Michigan
              United States
              Member #5910
              July 27, 2004
              266 Posts
              Posted: August 25, 2004, 7:42 pm - IP Logged

Im sry Blackapple bu tdo u ususally break up your sentences like that....maybe its just because i havne't been here long enough....thanks for the info though :)....u have any predictions for me tomorrow for me to consider

Michigan
                United States
                Member #5910
                July 27, 2004
                266 Posts
                Posted: August 26, 2004, 11:28 am - IP Logged

So comes the day i play these numbers in my latest post in 3 digit....some of u guys, especially In Michigan should follow me and Sandy's lead and no i did not see her numbers before i posted mines, U can only have my word on that....well im off to play these #'s

NBey6's avatar - pyramid
                  $$ Notaphilist $$

United States
                  Member #4290
                  April 9, 2004
                  16436 Posts
                  Posted: August 28, 2004, 9:41 am - IP Logged

Guitar: 434 - 358 ( In the Kansas City Kitty Dreambook )

DC got 434 on 8-26-04

MD got 994 on 8-27-04

WTG with the dreams Benjamin!!!!

I am a money magnet. 

Clover Thumbs Up 

hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
                    Pennsylvania
                    United States
                    Member #1340
                    April 6, 2003
                    2450 Posts
                    Posted: August 28, 2004, 11:49 am - IP Logged

guitar dreams! I have had plenty of those!

wow, Sandy K, nice lineup! I have a vintage 80's Ibanez RG550, metal blue flake covered with punk band stickers. I had that gutar for over a decade and got it used, still going strong, but thanks to the new job, I get to pick up a new one this year for my B-day in November... a white Ibanez Jem777 with gold hardware and a cool vine inlay up the neck where the dots usually go. :-)

My oldest daughter is 15 and I am teaching her to play bass (she has a fender squier bass, covered with alot of the same type of punk stickers, lol) and I am teaching one of her friends to play the guitar... THe whole finished basement is a makeshift music room, my younger daughter's drum set is down there, a few mics, my micro PA system and my 10 track digital recording studio and a dedicated PC for music recording applications. Internet is the way to go, all of those instruments and all the little things (like effects pedals, cables, drum machine, etc... were picked up on the internet at killer savings... whole room probably cost less than $2,500 over the last 10 years...

If I ever do win the lottery, I do know where the a bunch of my alloted "mad money" would go... look out rick neilsen!

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.

Michigan
                      United States
                      Member #5910
                      July 27, 2004
                      266 Posts
                      Posted: August 28, 2004, 11:56 am - IP Logged

cool hypersoniq, wish i knew how to play...oh wait lol, i still have time...Thanks NBEY6!!!

but it wasn't the way i wanted it...i didn't play instrument and i will refuse to speak of it till this day....why didn't i think of just a simple instrument, well it costed me in Ohio

Sandy K's avatar - graphic pub.jpg
                        Clarkston, Michigan
                        United States
                        Member #76
                        January 6, 2002
                        8528 Posts
                        Posted: August 28, 2004, 1:01 pm - IP Logged

Hey, Hypersoniq,

Yup I love the music, I love the fine arts, I love the lottery........what a combo.

My college degree is in Fine Arts................never get a degree in it......no money.....but that is my talent.

The Gibson Studio Les Paul Gold has got all that gold hardware and is sooooooooo pretty........and is so smooth sounding.  It is a Beatles replica of old.  My husband gave it got me for our wedding anniversary. 

I understand about the cost for the music room...........I have a multi-media room with 2 amps, 3 guitars, keyboard......3 easels for painting .......etc........got a bundle tied up in those hobbies.....I play the keyboard also but that is not my strength...I only dillydally around on it.  I used to play the sax in high school and college.....not anymore.  No lungs!!!!

Tell your daughter to stick with it.  It is something you never forget like typing.  Once you learn how to play it, it sticks with you.  Besides, it is a nice outlet for frustrations..

Sandy