Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 8:56 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Does anyone know?

Topic closed. 2 replies. Last post 12 years ago by acronym007.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
USA
United States
Member #1849
July 15, 2003
265 Posts
Posted: August 28, 2004, 4:45 pm - IP Logged

Does anyone know if you can purchase lottery tickets, other than Massachusetts, over the phone from another state. Mass it the onlt state I know that offers this but there must be more. I know about the online games to the left advertised here but I don't fully trust those as I would rather purchase a season ticket from the state authorities. Todd gets paid for use using those links, no offense Todd, but it's been experience with anyone that makes money off of something is alway going to say it's good or it works. Having said that I still use them but I want someone to hit the jackpot and see what happens, not this $100 here or there. Have a great day all.

United States
    Member #1410
    April 22, 2003
    357 Posts
    Posted: August 28, 2004, 4:50 pm - IP Logged

In general most states have a law on their books saying that it is illegal to buy or transport tickets from another state.

Now of course the online is the exception to the rule because in actuality you don't "buy" a ticket.

Unless one plans to drive from state to state then online is your only option. 

Or Play and win/lose in your own state.

Webmaster LeRoy

USA
      United States
      Member #1849
      July 15, 2003
      265 Posts
      Posted: August 28, 2004, 4:59 pm - IP Logged

Thanks LeRoy, I am aware of the laws. I was asking if any else in here knew another state like Mass, that does sell tickets to people in other states. I have season tickets to 2 Mass state lottery games and I don't live in Mass, they can't sell MegaMillions. They send the tickets UPS or Airborne to avoid the legal language regarding mailing via US mail. So, there are ways to do it. You cannot buy them online via a webpage, you have to call but it's worth it to me because they will contact you if you win a prize and there is no better way to play than through the source. So, if anyone knows another other state offering this please let me know. Cheers