Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 6:13 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What about those bonuses!?!

Topic closed. 2 replies. Last post 12 years ago by RJOh.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Forestville, MD, USA
United States
Member #398
June 12, 2002
67 Posts
Posted: August 30, 2004, 7:03 am - IP Logged

Fellow lottery players,

I've seen a couple of news articles about lottery top officials being given huge bonuses.  Hmmmmmmmmmm, wonder why? Aren't these games "state government run" (Georgia being one of those states)?  How in the world can they justify bonuses when they've implemented computerized drawings to "save money"?  How many other state employees (top officials included) get such large bonuses? bonuses period?  Are they getting bonuses on how much profit their lottery makes?  That's "our" money!!!

This is another argument that lotteries are fixed!  We just may need to boycott all lotteries until they become more ethical and accountable!  That would "fix" the bonuses!

On another note, I applaud Todd for starting the petition to stop the computerized drawings.

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
    Dump Water Florida
    United States
    Member #380
    June 5, 2002
    3104 Posts
    Posted: August 30, 2004, 2:26 pm - IP Logged
    Quote: Originally posted by Alicerosalyn on August 30, 2004

Fellow lottery players,

I've seen a couple of news articles about lottery top officials being given huge bonuses.  Hmmmmmmmmmm, wonder why? Aren't these games "state government run" (Georgia being one of those states)?  How in the world can they justify bonuses when they've implemented computerized drawings to "save money"?  How many other state employees (top officials included) get such large bonuses? bonuses period?  Are they getting bonuses on how much profit their lottery makes?  That's "our" money!!!

They justify it by saying they have to lure these money making experts from private industry or they will lose them to private industry or pick whatever nonsense excuse you like.

This is another argument that lotteries are fixed!  We just may need to boycott all lotteries until they become more ethical and accountable!  That would "fix" the bonuses!

The people who think about the lottery are a drop in the bucket and would hardly be missed if they all boycotted, in fact if they did boycott there wouldn't be any further need to address their issues.  What lottery players who care about the game need to do is make the biggest continous noise until they are heard.  This means you have to keep sending your concerns to your lottery director trying to bypass the filters, it's kind of like winning a lottery getting to the person who can say yes instead of all the no men.  BobP

On another note, I applaud Todd for starting the petition to stop the computerized drawings.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19830 Posts
      Posted: August 30, 2004, 3:57 pm - IP Logged
      Quote: Originally posted by Alicerosalyn on August 30, 2004

Fellow lottery players,

Once you exchange your money for a lottery ticket, the ticket is yours but the money belongs to the State and it's to be distributed in according with the rules you accepted when you bought the lottery ticket.

People who usually boycott lotteries don't play them as a matter of principles, so their continuing to not buy tickets do not effect lottery ticket sales.  Pick 3 games are the most played games of all lottery games and had there been a certain drop-off of sales when computerized drawings started, it would have stopped.

I think all games should have more transparency to how the numbers are picked and if computerized drawings are ever used in any of the jackpot games most player will only play the ones with bouncing balls and higher jackpots.

RJOh

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking