Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 3:49 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

If you had 55 tickets, how would you play

Topic closed. 50 replies. Last post 12 years ago by RJOh.

Page 1 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
DoctorEw220's avatar - alien helmet.jpg
Yinzer Country, PA
United States
Member #4067
March 18, 2004
2741 Posts
Posted: September 10, 2004, 3:43 pm - IP Logged

i would go 23 mega millions quick picks, and then 22 lotto south quick picks.

I've redone my website.  Go to www.dr-ew.com.  I kept a lot of the old stuff, and I've added some new stuff.  Look for more new stuff in the coming weeks.

Lottery_Analyst's avatar - Batman
    Georgia
    United States
    Member #1039
    January 15, 2003
    260 Posts
    Posted: September 10, 2004, 4:55 pm - IP Logged

LOL.....Thanks DoctorEw220 but I guess I was not clear enough. 

We play 55 tickets for each individual drawing.  Not combined.  So we buy 55 tickets for the Tuesday and Friday Mega Millions drawing (110 total), and 55 tickets for the Wednesday and Saturday Lotto South drawing(110 total).

My question was not how you would divide up the tickets, but what method or system would you use to select the numbers.  Remember we have tried quick picks, Gail Howard, Steve Player and other systems and they have not worked as well as we had hoped thus far.

Thanks,

John

Yinzer Country, PA
      United States
      Member #4067
      March 18, 2004
      2741 Posts
      Posted: September 10, 2004, 6:29 pm - IP Logged

i would go 23 quick picks, and 22 hand-picked sets.

I've redone my website.  Go to www.dr-ew.com.  I kept a lot of the old stuff, and I've added some new stuff.  Look for more new stuff in the coming weeks.

hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
        Pennsylvania
        United States
        Member #1340
        April 6, 2003
        2450 Posts
        Posted: September 10, 2004, 7:12 pm - IP Logged

I would cover ALL of the numbers at least once, then play the balance as QPs.... for Mega, cover all of the megaballs...

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.

Lottery_Analyst's avatar - Batman
          Georgia
          United States
          Member #1039
          January 15, 2003
          260 Posts
          Posted: September 10, 2004, 9:53 pm - IP Logged

Hypersoniq and Fast Eddie,

Thanks very much for your input.  The method you are describing we have already tried.  It is in the Atwood book "The Lottery Solution".  In my opinion it does not work any better than any other method.  Having tried so many systems and having spent so many dollars buying tickets, it seems that systems do one of two things.  They either cover ALL the numbers very poorly, or overkill a small sample or portion of the number field. 

Both methods have their pros and cons obviously.  Sure, playing the method you describe, it is an exciting feeling to know that you are playing all the numbers.  But tell me, how many times have either of you had 3 or more of the winning numbers in the same line?  Most of the time you will get one, two and every once in a while, 3 numbers together.  I have yet to get more than 3 together using this method.

With the small portion method you have to capture at least 5 or all 6 of the winning numbers in your wheel to make it worth while.  I've won 5 of 6 three times using this method, but still I want a system that will win more regularly.  For those that wheel numbers, how many times have you gotten only 3, 2, 1, or none of the numbers?  Too often.

I am looking for a system that does both.  Covers all the numbers, but not so weakly that the best you do is get 2 of the winning numbers together.

Any ideas anyone??

Thanks,

John  -  LA

Littleoldlady's avatar - basket
            Clarksville
            United States
            Member #487
            July 15, 2002
            17638 Posts
            Posted: September 10, 2004, 10:02 pm - IP Logged

I would keep wheeling and have patience...dventually u will hit..take everyone's numbers and wheel them..try to use the ones that are hot the most and just fill in with the others..It may take a year but dventually u will hit..also use some sort of tracking method or software.

If you know your number is going to hit, have patience and then KILL IT!

You never know when you will get another hit.

hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
              Pennsylvania
              United States
              Member #1340
              April 6, 2003
              2450 Posts
              Posted: September 11, 2004, 5:00 am - IP Logged

Most of the time I play 1 ticket... on my spreadsheet, I generate 1 pick from 10 weighted statistical components. Had I played all 11 lines over the history of PB with the current matrix (5/52 + 1/42) I would have spent $2,211 so far and won just over $6,000... but hindsight is always 20/20 and I can't justify spending $11 per draw.

Covering all of the numbers doesn't have to be done thinly... it only takes 11 lines to cover all 52 white balls of MM... you have the ability to either do this 5x per draw or to cover most of the numbers and use a few lines as "garbage collection" just to cover all of them at least once (leaving 44 lines to use any other way).

A hybrid system could cover the profiles of past winners (balance of even/odd, popular sums, mix of hot/cold/warm, etc...) while also covering a few fringe scenarios (all high, all low, decade clusters) and having a few lines to use as a catch-all for numbers not used in the bulk of the system.

good luck. :-)

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.

www.winnerspost.com
                China
                Member #5793
                July 22, 2004
                185 Posts
                Posted: September 11, 2004, 7:14 am - IP Logged

Its just the perfect time.My system is about to be finished after a week or less.And it should satisfy your need.Tell me what lottery you play and lets just have some "cooperation".

Yinzer Country, PA
                  United States
                  Member #4067
                  March 18, 2004
                  2741 Posts
                  Posted: September 11, 2004, 2:12 pm - IP Logged

covering all the numbers will get you something, but if you are playing to win the jackpot, then that isn't a good idea because you are actually reducing your chances of winning the jackpot, depending on how you play those numbers.

butl777's avatar - binary
                    NY,NJ,DE,MD/(W)VA,TN,GA,SC,FL
                    United States
                    Member #5705
                    July 18, 2004
                    2 Posts
                    Posted: September 11, 2004, 10:43 pm - IP Logged

Do your homework...You need the know the recent history to predict the future..Use a trend anaylsis for the last 50 or so draws, look at the Hot/Cold and sum totals avgs..If you think right, you should become a millionare like myself from using the same method. GOOD LUCK !!!! 

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19826 Posts
                      Posted: September 11, 2004, 11:20 pm - IP Logged
                      Quote: Originally posted by Lottery_Analyst on September 10, 2004

.....I have been running a lottery club successfully now for over 6 months.  ....The problem is that we have not yet won anything larger than $150.00 as a group.  We have tried buying quick picks, playing systems from Gail Howard, Steve Player, Robert Serotic, Professor Jones, etc.  ......If you could buy 55 tickets for every Mega Millions and Lotto South drawing,........

Sounds like you have all the information you need to develop a winning strategy and $220/wk to try it.  You just need to do your home work.  Simulate some of the strategies you've read about and pick the ones that have preformed the best.  Unless they are running a lottery pool, most players have no reason to test such strategies, they don't think they can afford them even if they do dventually payoff.

RJOh

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

www.winnerspost.com
                        China
                        Member #5793
                        July 22, 2004
                        185 Posts
                        Posted: September 11, 2004, 11:35 pm - IP Logged
                        Quote: Originally posted by RJOh on September 11, 2004

Quote: Originally posted by Lottery_Analyst on September 10, 2004

.....I have been running a lottery club successfully now for over 6 months.  ....The problem is that we have not yet won anything larger than $150.00 as a group.  We have tried buying quick picks, playing systems from Gail Howard, Steve Player, Robert Serotic, Professor Jones, etc.  ......If you could buy 55 tickets for every Mega Millions and Lotto South drawing,........

Sounds like you have all the information you need to develop a winning strategy and $220/wk to try it.  You just need to do your home work.  Simulate some of the strategies you've read about and pick the ones that have preformed the best.  Unless they are running a lottery pool, most players have no reason to test such strategies, they don't think they can afford them even if they do dventually payoff.

RJOh

I disagree that he should just do his homework.

Lottery pool is a very potential thing to do.As a student,he has done enough to be able to win $220wk with a proper strategy supporting.Thats the only problem he has.

Yinzer Country, PA
                          United States
                          Member #4067
                          March 18, 2004
                          2741 Posts
                          Posted: September 11, 2004, 11:41 pm - IP Logged

here's an idea.  try playing however you want, but get the tickets for 2 draws.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                            mid-Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #9
                            March 24, 2001
                            19826 Posts
                            Posted: September 12, 2004, 12:07 am - IP Logged
                            Quote: Originally posted by trance on September 11, 2004

I disagree that he should just do his homework.

Lottery pool is a very potential thing to do.As a student,he has done enough to be able to win $220wk with a proper strategy supporting.Thats the only problem he has.

Getting your friends to give you $220/wk to buy lottery tickets for a lottery pool is not the same as winning $220/wk playing the lotteries unless you are putting the money in your pocket instead of buying lottery tickets.

RJOh

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Yinzer Country, PA
                              United States
                              Member #4067
                              March 18, 2004
                              2741 Posts
                              Posted: September 12, 2004, 12:55 am - IP Logged

yeah.  getting your friends to give you $220/week is scamming them out of their money unless you actually buy the tickets.  although i do not condone spending that much on lottery tickets, pocketing their money is not the right idea either.  those people expect to purchase lottery tickets, and that is what you should give them.