Welcome Guest
You last visited January 19, 2017, 8:41 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Best PB strategy

Topic closed. 10 replies. Last post 12 years ago by WannaWinSoon.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Lee's Summit, Mo.
United States
Member #6519
August 26, 2004
192 Posts
Posted: September 23, 2004, 12:49 pm - IP Logged

I've been here for about a month now and unless I've missed something, I haven't read anything that would help win a jackpot....a lot of stuff on Pick 3 but nothing on winning millions.  Everyone, seems to agree with the mathematicians who preach that whatever you try you still have just 1 chance in 120 mil to win the PB jackpot.  I don't agree.  Doesn't anyone have a strategy to narrow the odds significantly?  If so let's hear it.  I've been working on this for years and have some ideas on the proper strategy.  The first thing to understand is that it will take a group effort.  One person can't do it all.  Apparently, the members here aren't interested in investigating the possibilities.  For instance (and this isn't my strategy) has anyone made a study of the hot numbers?  If we selected 25 of the hottest #s for each drawing, how often would all 5 #s in the winning number(ex-PB) appear in the list of the 25 hottest #s.  If once in every 3 or 4 drawings, a strategy evolved from hot numbers may have some merit.  There are 53,000+ 5# combos but you can filter those down significantly-I've also been working on that for years-to where the odds against winning are greatly reduced.  I'm obsessed with hitting the jackpot.  One day I'd like to climb on the roof of my house with the winning ticket in my hand and do a Cagney in White Heat, 'made it Ma, top of the world'.....or send an e-mail to the mathematicians convention and give them somehting from the bard-With much, much more dismay, thou view the fight than we who maketh the fray.  (Merchant of Venice).  After all, the PB jackpot...it is the stuff that dreams are made of.

United States
    Member #7130
    September 22, 2004
    7 Posts
    Posted: September 23, 2004, 1:47 pm - IP Logged

ive noticed lots of people talking about hot numbers lately. i don't know if im missing somthing but i always saw that the lottery drawing from one day to another is independent of the previous drawings, and that any number that would come up more that once was purely Coincidence. when i finish my lotto program and post it here u could give it a run, apparently the system isn't new, but the program will generate large numbers of tickets that would drive a man nuts to write out. the real problem is that dam n PB there just isn't any surefire way to guess at it.

United States
      Member #5914
      July 27, 2004
      64 Posts
      Posted: September 24, 2004, 12:14 am - IP Logged

Pigskin-

I have found a system that makes a number-reduction strategy work for me. I came up with the system studying how to win PB. Ultimately, I built a Web site around it, (LuckSmith.com), and have now applied it to many more games with what I consider to be success. (I have members who would likely agree with me). On the site, I track the size of each reduced set, and how many of the winning #s it contained for each drawing. The degree of number reduction may not seem significant enough for some lottery players to use, but I've tried to strike a balance between bringing a reasonable odds improvement, and having a reasonably consistent chance at winning at least a 2nd prize each time you play. I can easily "tweak" the system to reduce the size of the set, but overall accuracy drops to a point that I wouldn't want to use it. It does improve the odds from 1 in 120M, especially when all of the winning numbers are there. I think even a math guru would admit that. My philosophy is even with a system or strategy, it's still a long, long shot that you'll win something big. Anything you can do to improve your chances, even if slight, is worth doing, IMO, because it can reduce the overall cost of playing.

Perhaps it's a place to start? I'm certainly open to any discussions.

WWS

DoctorEw220's avatar - alien helmet.jpg
        Yinzer Country, PA
        United States
        Member #4067
        March 18, 2004
        2741 Posts
        Posted: September 24, 2004, 1:10 am - IP Logged

here's my strategy.

1.  Play at least one set of hand picked numbers.  Quick picks do not always guarentee a god set of numbers.

1a.  Try to pick the 5 whiteballs as so:  2 or 3 from one set of 10 (teens, 20s, 30s, etc.). 

1b.  Try to cover both ends of the matrix, but focus more on one end than the other.

1c.  Do not pick a Powerball number that has been picked in the previous 10 drawings.  After 10 drawings, a number is pretty much safe to play as the powerball number.

1d.  With the powerball number matrix.  Divide it by 3, and pick a number in the middle third.

2.  Get at least one set of quick picks.  Statistics show that even though the all sets of numbers have an equal chance of winning the jackpot, quick picks win it more often.

3,  Stay away from important dates.  If they are really important, you would celebrate them instead of using them as lottery numbers.

4.  If you are buying an even number of tickets, split it among both hand-picked sets and qick piks.

5.  If you are buying an odd number of tickets, buy one more quick pick than hand-picked set.

I've redone my website.  Go to www.dr-ew.com.  I kept a lot of the old stuff, and I've added some new stuff.  Look for more new stuff in the coming weeks.

Pretoria
          South Africa
          Member #6062
          August 4, 2004
          54 Posts
          Posted: September 27, 2004, 10:44 am - IP Logged

WannaWinSoon,

Does your system work for the South African Lottery?

Is yout system free?

United States
            Member #5914
            July 27, 2004
            64 Posts
            Posted: September 27, 2004, 11:05 am - IP Logged

Datenda-

Currently we only are able to track U.S. games, although we've had significant interest in international games as well. We're looking into loading those games into the system early in 2005. It's not a free service, but I believe it's reasonable. The Web site has details on costs/packages.

WWS

Pretoria
              South Africa
              Member #6062
              August 4, 2004
              54 Posts
              Posted: September 27, 2004, 11:32 am - IP Logged

WannaWinSoon,

I assume that yor system works most of the time if you manage to persuade people to subscribe to it.

www.winnerspost.com
                China
                Member #5793
                July 22, 2004
                185 Posts
                Posted: September 27, 2004, 7:34 pm - IP Logged

Trace back past 10 draws,most frequent hit Powerball numbers have 9,1,8 as their last digits.So for the next 10 draws,09 19 01 11 08 18 would be a better choice.

United States
                  Member #5914
                  July 27, 2004
                  64 Posts
                  Posted: September 27, 2004, 11:52 pm - IP Logged

Datenda-

It works whether or not people subscribe. It's tracking games now for which I have no subscribers yet, but it continues to get decent results.

ccbrown33's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                    NC
                    United States
                    Member #4780
                    May 24, 2004
                    124 Posts
                    Posted: September 28, 2004, 11:28 am - IP Logged

Do you have a prediction statistics for Virginia Cash 5 

United States
                      Member #5914
                      July 27, 2004
                      64 Posts
                      Posted: September 28, 2004, 3:34 pm - IP Logged

We're adding that game right now (along with several Pick 3/4 games).