Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 11:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Wondering.... Where is Mike?

Topic closed. 9 replies. Last post 12 years ago by peach_picker.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
New York
United States
Member #3900
March 1, 2004
1378 Posts
Posted: October 20, 2004, 4:23 pm - IP Logged

Just a thought.............

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23260 Posts
    Posted: October 20, 2004, 4:44 pm - IP Logged

If you're referring to Mike K, he is not posting here anymore because he made a decision that he did not want to post here if he could not post free ads to his web site.

Mike K seemed to be a nice person, but the rules are the rules, and they are no good if applied differently to different people.

Please note, I am not saying this to stir anything up, but hopefully that short, factual summation would let you know that he is OK, but not posting here anymore.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

New York
      United States
      Member #3900
      March 1, 2004
      1378 Posts
      Posted: October 20, 2004, 5:24 pm - IP Logged

Thank you Todd....Yes, I was reffering to Mikek....I am sorry to hear about that, I had no idea....

Thanks...

peach_picker's avatar - box avatar.gif
        Georgia
        United States
        Member #7424
        October 2, 2004
        55 Posts
        Posted: October 20, 2004, 5:43 pm - IP Logged

I've been trying for two weeks to obtain some help from Mike. My hard drive recently failed and I've been trying, to no avail, to get the download and password information that I have to have, in order to make The Crunch and System ZID (paid-for programs) operational on the new hard drive. I've yet to get a response to either e-mails or private messages at the WheelWorld forum. Advice, anyone?                     ------------- peach

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
          Stone Mountain*Georgia
          United States
          Member #828
          November 2, 2002
          10491 Posts
          Posted: October 20, 2004, 5:47 pm - IP Logged

That is the forum's loss. I didn't know that MikeK had left for good. Thought he might be on another vacation.

Mikek .....although a sales type.... was one of the best contributors to the site and well regarded by most folks here.     

Most things can be worked out or negotiated in some form or other and  still maintain the letter of the law....while strengthening the spirit of the law.

I believe that Mikek had the right forum spirit and wish some sort of accommodation could be achieved ......for the forum's sake.   I believe that overall....... Mikek gave more than he took. That's good enough...  most of the time for some sort of break.   

The only real failure .....is the failure to try.                               

Luck is a very rare thing....... Odds not so much. 

Odds never change .....but probability does. 

Win d    

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
            Chief Bottle Washer
            New Jersey
            United States
            Member #1
            May 31, 2000
            23260 Posts
            Posted: October 20, 2004, 6:01 pm - IP Logged

Win D,

I did not post my response in order to open up another big discussion on this, because it only opens up old wounds.  I'd rather not lock this thread, so can we just agree to either call it quits on the subject, or else communication through PMs about it?

I tried many, many times to work with Mike K, but you need to understand that there was a big difference between how he acted toward people such as yourself and how he acted toward me.

I bent the rules for him more than I have for anyone else.  He in turn basically slapped me in the face for it by posting free links everywhere, and inciting the Lottery Post membership by exploiting my own web site's private message feature.

There are some people who don't care that he did those things.  They only care that he helped them with their numbers.  They will minimize all the things he did to me, and speak only of how wonderful he is.  There is nothing I can do or say that will help those people understand this situation.  They will continue to say how great Mike K was, and there's nothing I can do to help them see that people are not one-dimensional.

I'm sure if I met Mike K in person he would be a great guy.  This is not about that.  This is about his ability to live within the rules I have established for this web site.  If he cannot do that, then he cannot be a member here, plain and simple.

Like I said earlier, if you wish to discuss this further, please let's do so through private messages.  I have no problem discussing this (or any) topic, but I am not willing to let this old, sore topic dominate the forums.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
            What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
            Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Washington DC
              United States
              Member #6535
              August 27, 2004
              92 Posts
              Posted: October 20, 2004, 6:26 pm - IP Logged

Well said! We should notice that there are a number of issues that have arisen suddenly almost simultaneously! While we cannot avoid conflicts (lunar ifluence?), we need to do whatever we can to maintain uniform policies and keep the peace for the common good, while focusing our attention on the $$$prize$$$.

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
                Stone Mountain*Georgia
                United States
                Member #828
                November 2, 2002
                10491 Posts
                Posted: October 20, 2004, 6:34 pm - IP Logged

I was out of pocket for a while and so ....must have missed some of the ........drama. 

I just keep getting left with all these Christmas presents on my hands every year. LOL

The only real failure .....is the failure to try.                               

Luck is a very rare thing....... Odds not so much. 

Odds never change .....but probability does. 

Win d    

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
                  Tx
                  United States
                  Member #4570
                  May 4, 2004
                  5180 Posts
                  Posted: October 21, 2004, 3:00 am - IP Logged

Peach

Talk to WebMaster Leroy, either here or at MikeK's Forum, maybe he can help, if he can't, then nobody can.

Good Luck.

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

peach_picker's avatar - box avatar.gif
                    Georgia
                    United States
                    Member #7424
                    October 2, 2004
                    55 Posts
                    Posted: October 21, 2004, 3:26 am - IP Logged

Lantern                                                           Thanks very much for the info. Since my earlier post here in this thread, Webmaster Leroy has pm'd me at the Wheels forum with assurances that he (Leroy) is working on it, has forwarded my problem, and to allow just a little more time. I believe he said Mike's been away on some business.