Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Visualization/Mind Over Matter

Topic closed. 54 replies. Last post 12 years ago by OpenMinded.

Page 4 of 4
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #89
January 18, 2002
2092 Posts
Posted: November 5, 2004, 11:38 am - IP Logged

Hello, Openminded and RickG,

I am a proponent of mind usage. When an individual actually gets in touch with their subconscious mind many good as well as not so good things occur. This will depend upon the attitude of the person's state at the various intervals of contact. The inner-self reacts to thought(s) good or bad. An example> you are driving down the highway doing the speed limit and out of the clear blue  some bird cuts you off>what's a common reaction to this dvent? You as well as I know that the least thought from you isn't a printable version of saintlyhood. Your thought is projected and anyone within "hearing" has been mildly put into a state of grumpyness. You get to your destination >at this point you are not at your best still running a negative aspiration or two in the background> this leads to a totally crappy part of the day for you and anyone within your range and they inturn may or may not get a snappy mouth with others. Dominoe effect! When getting in touch with yourself---be careful of what you intend because the inner self will react with finality and follow thru on the suggestion that a non- thinking reaction will cause. This same type of suggestion will react on anything that you firmly believe. Using a passive attitude works best when you are in need and that you don't try to force your intent on yourself. A frustrated thought gains you Nothing! I have found that the subconscious mind is very fickle about some attitudes and refuses to comply, period! 

Yes, the mind over matter situation does work, wether you believe or voice a negative opinion or not!

Teufellj... 

ayenowitall's avatar - rod serling4.jpg

United States
    Member #4416
    April 22, 2004
    1075 Posts
    Posted: November 6, 2004, 2:56 am - IP Logged

Teufellj,

To wit, be mindful.

Good luck,

aye'

United States
      Member #89
      January 18, 2002
      2092 Posts
      Posted: November 7, 2004, 12:05 am - IP Logged

Ave, Ayenowitall,

For many years I have worked with Eastern pratices and principles. Much of them are nothing; but a small handfull have taught this person to think. I do not pretend to believe in their deities nor will devote time to their religious fraternities. The essence of state of mind awareness not induced by mushrooms, tree fungus (mistletoe) or rotal rites are to me, a local thing brought on by the times and circumstance of a particular region at a particular time and caused by unfairness and brutality of a governing body. Where my interest revolves is the core of a truth that is so fantastic as to be unreal hence, there are real believers and there are mockers. Both sides of the coin are right in what is thought concerning what a mind can or cannot do. For instance the power of suggestion...quackery? How about...hypnosis? Far seeing? Were these once not acceptable to a proper mind set of "well educated people?" And why are they using some forms of mind manipulation in their professional services to mankind if...it's a lot of bunk? So, who's to say what is or is not? I have heard of chicken wings and buffalo wings and aircraft wings so flying porkchops may be true too! Just because you couldn't stick your finger into a persons wound...does that mean the hole isn't there? Any doubter can have an opinion but to mock the obviously unseeable dvent, is childs play. My thought on this subject of a mind doing or using somewhat unknown or little understood powers, if you will, would and does depend on that entity and it's personal mental strength---use it or lose it is an apt way of describing an ability. I don't have to prove myself to anyone but naysayers must prove without a doubt in some way that something is or it isn't! I install deposits two to three times per week into one of my bank accounts---did I win this money or get paid from the company I work for?

Yes, the subconscious (mind) is quite a capable dynamo if that is, you pratice and exercise what you were given.

Teufellj...

United States
        Member #4416
        April 22, 2004
        1075 Posts
        Posted: November 7, 2004, 7:13 am - IP Logged

Teufellj,

I have several posts in this thread. I'm not exactly sure what I said that you're responding to. I can't tell if you're agreeing, disagreeing, or simply making a tangential observation. What is the context of your remarks?

aye' 

United States
          Member #89
          January 18, 2002
          2092 Posts
          Posted: November 7, 2004, 8:13 pm - IP Logged

Howdy Ayenowitall,

no aspersions of any sort are meant. I generally answer to the last post intended. Observation and agreement is the ticket. Nay sayers that have blinders on without personal knowledge of a given subject motivate my generative discoursiant conversations. Neither magician, mystical savant nor seer, have I ever been nor do I wish to be! This person was raised in a society of "telling it like it is" and not make blatant remarks if I don't know something for fact. Didn't mean to startle you 'Aye.' Just that some other folks need an education of sorts.

I welcome  discussions with you any time and others!

Have A Great Week,

Teufellj...

United States
            Member #4416
            April 22, 2004
            1075 Posts
            Posted: November 8, 2004, 6:08 am - IP Logged

Teufellj,

I wasn't really startled. I was just a little confused by the talk about mushrooms, oppressive governments, and flying porkchops.

Mindfulness and intention are actually fairly simple ideas, but they take a lot of practice.

Good luck,

aye'

United States
              Member #89
              January 18, 2002
              2092 Posts
              Posted: November 8, 2004, 2:56 pm - IP Logged

Ayenowitall,

the mushrooms that I refer to are the fruit (in shamans language)that causes altered states of the mind. Oppressive governments way back when, caused the free thinking peoples (under cover of course) to use their minds in order to do their thing. In order to use their mind and find out that they do have a second person occupying their mentality, creation of let's say a way to be an individual in an monarchy without literally losing their heads, caused many changes in the world today. These few people became leaders both good, bad and so-so. The point is that they found an alternative rather to rather than a physical confrontation. The adverse is also true, too. Stalin, Hitler,Tito and etc. Flying porkchops (when pigs fly) was in a comment or two earlier in this discussion. A Doubting Thomas---that person is welcome to the comments that he/she sent, we all are!

Talk at you later,'Aye'

Teufellj...

st.germain's avatar - Tarlor
                chicago ill.
                United States
                Member #3600
                February 4, 2004
                337 Posts
                Posted: November 14, 2004, 8:44 am - IP Logged
                Quote: Originally posted by st.germain on October 23, 2004

Try using the "power of the spoken word"

Now ,I was raised a catholic but have since become more agnostic and do not subscribe to a lot of what the church says but if you ever read the bible the first thing you read is "in the beginning was the "WORD" . Then it goes on and says that every time "God" says something...it manifested into the physical.  The American indians were a very eloquent people and were sparse with words because they believed in the power of the spoken word...also somewhere in the arabic world they have a saying that goes like this..." So it has been said ...so shall it be done".  Try using visualization along with the "spoken word" and do so as in a childlike manner. "Knock and the doors will open" "Seek and thy shall find"    "Ask and thy shall recieve" and other stuff like that that is bountiful in scripture. A lot of it is good advice but  use your own head when playing lotto. Do your research  and proceed cautious about it because there is also another saying ..."be careful what you ask for because you might get it"

Have fun!!!

KWHILBORN....A few years ago I use to try visualization and chants"spoken word" and actually hit the little jackpot in Illinois twice..5 months apart. The jackpot in little lotto at the times of the drawing were 200,000 bucks each. They changed the rules about the jackpot now. It's paramutuel and rolls over now. I've seen it roll over to 650,000 dollars once. I wish that that was how it was played  then...then I would have won a heck of a lot more. Anyways, I do continue to play and use my methods still which include keeping a record of past draws and have  a flowchart of such hits and based on that I make my picks.

Look for the 21 to be the winning megaball "in the near future".

good fortune !!!        (true story !!  It's on record with the state of Illinois.)

Charlotte
                  United States
                  Member #3733
                  February 16, 2004
                  153 Posts
                  Posted: November 16, 2004, 10:55 am - IP Logged

st.germain,

You're story is inspiring.  I have five quick picks for this past Saturday's Powerball.  I have to check them to see if I've won anything.  I'm going to think positive.  Maybe I can win some holiday money. 

OpenMinded - Thinking positive.

Charlotte
                    United States
                    Member #3733
                    February 16, 2004
                    153 Posts
                    Posted: November 18, 2004, 11:20 am - IP Logged

ESP Lottery Secrets - If you believe and have 30 bucks to spare.

http://www.mindovermatterovermoney.com/lottery.html

OpenMinded