Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 3:06 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

PA's Holiday Instant Games.

Topic closed. 2 replies. Last post 12 years ago by DoctorEw220.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
DoctorEw220's avatar - alien helmet.jpg
Yinzer Country, PA
United States
Member #4067
March 18, 2004
2741 Posts
Posted: October 23, 2004, 3:42 am - IP Logged

Did anyone else look at the holiday instant games PA is offering? The $20 game doesn't give out a prize on every ticket. The top prize is pretty nice for all of the games, but still, if a $20 ticket is meant to be a gift to someone, then it should be a guarenteed winner. The odds are 1 in 3.44. Isn't that usually the odds of winning on a $5 or $10 game?

I've redone my website.  Go to www.dr-ew.com.  I kept a lot of the old stuff, and I've added some new stuff.  Look for more new stuff in the coming weeks.

Roslindale, MA
    United States
    Member #5377
    July 1, 2004
    135 Posts
    Posted: October 23, 2004, 9:04 am - IP Logged

I'd rather see tickets go the opposite way - even if it means fewer winners, if I were in charge of a lottery I'd mandate that all winning tickets truly be winners - IOW, no $1 wins on a $1 ticket, etc. - the minimum payoff for a winner would be $2 for each $1 (i.e. for a $20 ticket the minimum payout on a winner would be $40).

DoctorEw220's avatar - alien helmet.jpg
      Yinzer Country, PA
      United States
      Member #4067
      March 18, 2004
      2741 Posts
      Posted: October 23, 2004, 4:07 pm - IP Logged

yes, but every other $20 ticket has paid at least $5 on each ticket.   also, the $20 tickets are meant to be gifts. what kind of gift is a losing ticket. i'd rather see a smaller top prize over a ticket in which not all will win.

I've redone my website.  Go to www.dr-ew.com.  I kept a lot of the old stuff, and I've added some new stuff.  Look for more new stuff in the coming weeks.