Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 3:15 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lotto Architect v2.3 development

Topic closed. 16 replies. Last post 12 years ago by lottoarchitect.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
lottoarchitect's avatar - waveform

Greece
Member #2815
November 18, 2003
502 Posts
Posted: November 3, 2004, 6:55 pm - IP Logged
Hi everyone, I announce the development of the new version of Lotto Architect! Some nice features will be added to enhance even more the overall performance. As always, feedback is welcome and I want to talk about wheeling improvements now. This mostly goes to people who use seriously wheels for their games and want a system to do all the work by any means. I have come up with the following improvements:

Supported wheel types

• Full wheels

• Abbreviated wheels (internal database)

• Abbr. open wheels (internal database)

• Partial wheels (internal database)

• Partial open wheels (internal database)

• Box (pick 3/4 only)

• Straight(pick 3/4 only)

• Matrix wheels

Other features

• Selection of specific tickets to make them look like a winning ticket [manually in this version] - BobP suggested that. This is supported by re-arrangement feature of selected numbers. In future, auto-filtering will suggest optimal re-arrangement.

• The ability to create more than 1 wheel is included too.

• Display simple wheel coverage information. In future a full wheel analysis will be supplied.

• Importing of custom generated wheels of any size & type for use.

• Selection of numbers can be done manually or by the new automated HCD system. Additional prediction systems using different logic under construction too.

My question is simple enough. What wheel users want to be able to do with wheels? Any features in their wish list that cannot find anywhere?

If you have something to do, at least do it well...

Bangalore
    India
    Member #2444
    October 4, 2003
    234 Posts
    Posted: November 4, 2004, 11:22 am - IP Logged

Dear Apagogeas:

Another feature, and a different idea, I would like to suggest is: You must have observed that especially in 649 lottos, as an example, the LAST three numbers are often in FOUR possible combinations (Examples from ACTUAL draws from our lottos):

• All the three numbers in 30s (05-19-25-30-32-39)
    • Two numbers in 30s with the last in 40s (03-06-16-31-34-41)
    • One number in 30s with the last two in 40s (12-17-27-34-41-49)
    • All the three numbers in 40s (08-14-21-42-45-46)

I feel that if the FIRST three numbers are optimally selected from 01-29 and last three numbers are selected from ALL the optimal combinations of numbers between 30-49 with your HCD System (wheeled into 3's!!), and these tickets played regularly, the USER has a HIGHER chance of trapping a jackpot with improved odds or winning multiple lower-division prizes!! The ticket thus created would have "man-machine" numbers, in addition to looking like "winning-type" tickets, as suggested by BobP...:). Do you have this feature?! I would also like to see features whereby you allow users to set "defaults" for the ticket patterns/wheels/filters that they would like to play often, or an automated system that generates tickets based on the patterns of past X numbers of draws combined with your HCD System, something like "adaptive" kind of thing, you know,...that simulates the pattern of past draws...based on the types described above as an example...LOL

Do keep us posted about your developments.

Good Luck!!

Just Monkeying Around With Numbers...!

Greece
      Member #2815
      November 18, 2003
      502 Posts
      Posted: November 4, 2004, 2:17 pm - IP Logged

This is the auto-filtering feature I talk about. This works when you want to re-arrange the selected numbers (as we cannot re-arrange the pointer numbers of the wheel!) in order to match some criteria like the one you mention. Besides that, someone can use all available filters for this purpose. However as I want this feature to be global and work in conjuction with every filter/system, this possibly will not be added in the next version but at the following one, when grouping filters will be introduced. For now, you can create such combinations using number groups but not by the means of a wheel (meaning more combinations will be generated). Very good idea truly.

Greece
        Member #2815
        November 18, 2003
        502 Posts
        Posted: November 4, 2004, 5:16 pm - IP Logged

About your second part, the program already does this. This is the idea of projects where you can save your default filters, wheels etc and apply them whenever you want (no need to recreate them). Also, this "adaptive" as you call it has already implemented in v2.14 (not released - some people remember it 10 months ago). It was a fully automated system with more features than those you describe but I removed it for two reasons:

- People cannot understand the simple things. There is no way to understand that system now. I prefer to introduce those features gradually rather to offer everything and everyone gets messed up.

- Some other systems had priority like the wheeling system which I added in v2.2. The new "adaptive" system will take advance of those new additions too. Really powerful system. What is missing is to make it work with wheels too. I will in time.

Greece
          Member #2815
          November 18, 2003
          502 Posts
          Posted: November 15, 2004, 1:13 pm - IP Logged

I see there are no more suggestions... Does that mean we already have the best possible wheeling systems? I doubt.

Bangalore
            India
            Member #2444
            October 4, 2003
            234 Posts
            Posted: November 16, 2004, 10:55 am - IP Logged
            Quote: Originally posted by apagogeas on November 04, 2004

About your second part, the program already does this. This is the idea of projects where you can save your default filters, wheels etc and apply them whenever you want (no need to recreate them).

Well then...Can these "projects" files thus created for a given lottery be shared between friends staying far away for working on them, etc.?!

Thank you!

Just Monkeying Around With Numbers...!

Greece
              Member #2815
              November 18, 2003
              502 Posts
              Posted: November 16, 2004, 11:45 am - IP Logged

Yes of course they can be shared as long as both have defined the same type of lottery. The project is a file that contains all information and setup performed during your design, including wheels, parameters set, rejection filters, comments you write etc. Projects offer flexibility by the means you don't have to do the same work over and over again for every draw you want to play. This will become more clear when automated filters will be introduced.

Greece
                Member #2815
                November 18, 2003
                502 Posts
                Posted: November 27, 2004, 5:25 pm - IP Logged

Cool! Lottery management is almost finished and looks really nice. In a few days I'll work on the wheeling system improvements as I described them above. There is a posibility to add the "wheel optimiser" (ex-auto filtering) in this version too if everything goes as expected. Engines work at full speed hehe. You can see some early screenshots at the website.

Vinicius's avatar - the eye.png
                  TAGUATINGA
                  Brazil
                  Member #9118
                  November 28, 2004
                  21 Posts
                  Posted: November 28, 2004, 4:55 pm - IP Logged

Im thinking on become a user of lottoarchitect. Right now , im using a trial version. But hey, WHAT A COMPLICATED TO USE SOFTWARE. Im glad you have a  trial version, because its the only way to really evaluated such program.

Melbourne
                    Australia
                    Member #5731
                    July 18, 2004
                    36 Posts
                    Posted: November 28, 2004, 11:49 pm - IP Logged

Vinicius,

Stick with it. Certainly a learning curve but once you are familiar with the processes and everything in place it all rolls along quite nicely. Takes me no more than 10 or 15 minutes to prepare an entry and most of that time is spent evaluating wheel size versus wheel type against best result found in the Hot Cold Due process.

But the processes within Lotto Architect would appear to be up for review and presumably easier to understand for the new user, going by the announcements at the Lotto Architect website.

relowe

Melbourne
                      Australia
                      Member #5731
                      July 18, 2004
                      36 Posts
                      Posted: November 28, 2004, 11:52 pm - IP Logged

And the information in this thread of course.

relowe

Greece
                        Member #2815
                        November 18, 2003
                        502 Posts
                        Posted: November 29, 2004, 8:00 pm - IP Logged
                        Quote: Originally posted by Vinicius on November 28, 2004

Im thinking on become a user of lottoarchitect. Right now , im using a trial version. But hey, WHAT A COMPLICATED TO USE SOFTWARE. Im glad you have a trial version, because its the only way to really evaluated such program.

Hi Vinicius,

I have to admit a learning curve of the program too but this is mostly because I want to have a program that can let me do almost whatever I want it to do and most important, provide me some in depth guidance when building my strategy. The program offers several tools for that, which makes it look like complicated. In fact it is not; it is just a matter of understanding how the system works and everything is straightforward afterwards.

As you can see, I'm constantly enhancing the features provided to aid in even better predictions. For example, the wheeling system enhancements I plan to provide in the next version, is better compared to dedicated wheeling software! As you understand, this flexibility constrainedly makes the system look more complicated.

Hyperdimension's avatar - latest trace_171.gif

United States
                          Member #9059
                          November 26, 2004
                          128 Posts
                          Posted: December 3, 2004, 9:02 pm - IP Logged

Hi,

Apagogeas, your lotto program (Lotto Architect) has the best selection of wheels I have ever seen in similar lotto software, congratulations..

The demo version is great, but what about the predictions?, the strategy for predictions depends on the program or it depends on the user? or both?

Cya

El pensamiento ordena el caos..

http://1x2quinielas.blogspot.com

Greece
                            Member #2815
                            November 18, 2003
                            502 Posts
                            Posted: December 4, 2004, 8:13 am - IP Logged

Hi Hyperdimension, I suggest try to download the new wheels database from the website (version 6). The one in the demo is old enough (version 1) and I have improved many wheels since then and added several more (yup 1231 abbreviated wheels to use so far ) and I do not include the open-cover database (under construction at the moment)! I'll add a reference of the contents of that database too at the website soon.

Whichever strategy you want to follow, depends on both. If you want to do the predictions by yourself, you are free to go that way. If you want the system to make predictions for you, then the system does it. However, as a user, you have to define what you want to use. For example, the system will not automatically use a filter or setup a wheel; if you decide to use a wheel or a filter, then you can ask the system to suggest its opinion and you can combine both the outcome of the program and your own conclusions if you want or simply use the outcome of the system.

Johnny5's avatar - japheth
                              Ocala
                              United States
                              Member #3015
                              December 13, 2003
                              70 Posts
                              Posted: December 12, 2004, 11:30 am - IP Logged

I haven't used your software much but I think that you should allow the order of the filters to be applied in a different order if we wanted to.

Like say you did a filter that eliminated dupes with seven first but had another filter holding anything with seven.

If you use the dupes first you will eliminate some sevens cut if the other is first you take out all dupes except thoes with seven.

Something like that.

Thanks,

Johnny5

To play is not to win, but to win keeps you playing..