Welcome Guest
You last visited January 18, 2017, 2:57 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Question for Ion Saliu

Topic closed. 25 replies. Last post 12 years ago by duk56.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Canada
Member #8436
November 5, 2004
17 Posts
Posted: November 9, 2004, 2:35 pm - IP Logged

Ion, have you considered running filters against a static list of all 13 million (and some) combinations?

I find it hard to generate numbers based on a very tight filter. When I try to relax Ions I get '5#' matches within first 450 (12 tests on 649 game data) lines.

Running all combinations against a filter would, I imagine, require some resources, but we would have ALL possible filtered combinations instead of randomly generated combinations.

I don't know how the number generation mechanism works, so I might be way off here.

Do you have any thoughts on this?

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19895 Posts
    Posted: November 9, 2004, 2:56 pm - IP Logged

I used a RNG with some tight parameters to pick 25 lines for last Saturday's OhioSuperLotto.  It took a little over 2 hrs, but it paid off with a 4+1 match for $500.  If you are looking for combinations that fit a certain profile and you don't want to repeat any combinations of three or larger, it's going to take some time, but if it's a winning profile it will be time well spent.  13 millions lines are a lot to check.

RJOh

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Canada
      Member #8436
      November 5, 2004
      17 Posts
      Posted: November 9, 2004, 3:08 pm - IP Logged
      Quote: Originally posted by RJOh on November 09, 2004

I used a RNG with some tight parameters to pick 25 lines for last Saturday's OhioSuperLotto.  It took a little over 2 hrs, but it paid off with a 4+1 match for $500.  If you are looking for combinations that fit a certain profile and you don't want to repeat any combinations of three or larger, it's going to take some time, but if it's a winning profile it will be time well spent.  13 millions lines are a lot to check.

RJOh

What are your win and hit ratios using this strategy and how long have you played it? If you don't mind me asking...

Canada
        Member #8436
        November 5, 2004
        17 Posts
        Posted: November 9, 2004, 6:44 pm - IP Logged

That might have been a little too much to ask, I apologize. Let me re-phrase& Have you had any success using this (or any other using MDIEditor) strategy, or is it a one time win? I am interested because I am new to lottery and I am testing MDIEditors performance.

Thanks in advance!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19895 Posts
          Posted: November 10, 2004, 2:42 am - IP Logged

The only program of Saliu I've used is his index program.  I was trying to come up with a way to store winning numbers by their index numbers and use them in a RNG. I have used a RNG to pick my numbers ever since I started playing the lottery, but over the years I've added features which allows it to check all its picks with past hits in different ways. I'm alway looking for patterns in past winners and when I think I've found one that cover 50% or more of the numbers, I apply it to my RNG.  I've gotten lucky a few times, but I still spend more than I win.  In most lotteries, if you don't win the jackpot you in the hole if you play regularly.

RJOh

Evil Looking       

Old Greenwich
            United States
            Member #5767
            July 20, 2004
            84 Posts
            Posted: November 10, 2004, 11:04 am - IP Logged

I have never come close to a better prize than a combo of 3 numbers or a the powerball using saliu program. I love the look but I have asked him repeatedly for help to make sure I'm using his program as he intented but never get a real good response. Its as though I insult him because I don't understand the program. I could never do what he did or does but come on help us. A program is useless if people can't use it correctly. Maybe he wants it that way. I am a big fan of his but I have never had any luck with his program. I can't say he didn't try to help me. He did but I'm, still having trouble.

RJOH I've asked you time and time again but have been so busy. But could you repeat the programs that you use you can PM id you want that way I won't lose them. Thanks

willl3

Canada
              Member #8436
              November 5, 2004
              17 Posts
              Posted: November 10, 2004, 2:42 pm - IP Logged

I dont blame Mr. Saliu for his inability to help everyone. I am sure that he gets hundreds of requests a day since the concept seems very promising and the software is free. However, if we get an interesting discussion going, I am sure he will come across it sooner or later, and hopefully join in. I also have a feeling that there are a few people who use the program and are willing to help others understand it.

I dont play lottery yet, but I did have some good results (by my standards) while testing MDIEditor. As I said in my previous post, I am able to produce 5-hit combinations within first 450 lines of generated numbers; however I want to do better than that.

These tests were performed on a real 649 game data. I would simply find a pattern, and then tighten the filters as much as possible (this step involves dropping a few instances of the pattern to reduce the filter values). Then I would remove the draw which corresponds with the latest occurrence of the pattern (and all subsequent draws) from the data file and try to generate the winning numbers for that draw. So in essence, I simulated the conditions prior to the draw outcome of which I already knew.

Now, if I try to generate numbers using the filter mentioned above I get no combinations generated whatsoever. Ive tried running the program for up to 3 days on a dual processor box. At that point I started digging for info on http://www.saliu.com or else. Ion mentioned in one of the posts on his message board that some people see Ion5 as the key (or something to that effect). There was also some info on Ion5 values going way too high if the data file was insufficient in size.

So, my next step was to open up Ions 4 & 5 and see what happens. This is where I got the 5-hit matches (the original pattern Ions were set to the following: Ion4_max = 1, Ion5_min = 1, Ion5_max = 10). I am planning to run the same filter settings against all possible combinations using the Purge File function. I will keep you posted on my findings if I am able to do that. In theory, I should be able to isolate the winning combination. How many combinations I am going to get along with the winning combination is the question&

Right now I am working on creating a list of all possible combinations for 649 games minus the combinations such as all previously drawn combinations in the lottery I am testing on, all odd, all even, and all the rare sequences mentioned at the end of Tutor.doc which is included with MDIEditor.

If someone can shed some light on my problem it would be greatly appreciated.

Auckland
                New Zealand
                Member #2247
                September 4, 2003
                33 Posts
                Posted: November 10, 2004, 8:24 pm - IP Logged

foxy,

I found that there was a mistake in the values of Ion4 and

Ion5 reported by the statistics report (using a 100k draw file). the value for Ion4 has to be multiplied by 10 to give the actual value, and Ion5 by 20. I used the purge function with a file of 10k random draws to give a ball park figure of how effective the the various values for the Ion eliminating settings were. If you try and use the Ion settings and "any" and "ver" at the same time, they seem to interact and give incorrect elimination. So its best to use only the Ion settings first, save the the file and then purge it again with the "any" and "ver" filters.

Spot9

Canada
                  Member #8436
                  November 5, 2004
                  17 Posts
                  Posted: November 11, 2004, 7:05 am - IP Logged

Thanks for the tip Spot9. This would explain a few things. I am going to try this.

Old Greenwich
                    United States
                    Member #5767
                    July 20, 2004
                    84 Posts
                    Posted: November 11, 2004, 7:34 am - IP Logged

Thanks for that tip. Its where I was having trouble. If I did both any and ver at the same time I would get results that were weird (such as numbers to close to recenty drawning) or my computer would freeze.

Auckland
                      New Zealand
                      Member #2247
                      September 4, 2003
                      33 Posts
                      Posted: November 11, 2004, 6:20 pm - IP Logged

Hi,

I have done some further tests running "Ion" and "Any"

and "Ver" elimination simultaniously, this does work OK if you do not set the max value for the Ver4 filter, or at least set its max value above the min for the Ver5 filter?. All the other filters work OK with max value set to one above the min value as reported by the by the statistical report.(i.e. pass the winning combination)

With a 40# lotto you still have to multiply the Ion4 value by 10 and the Ion5 value by 20 to get the actual value. (using 200k data file)

Edit: I have to modify the remarks above, for one draw which had a high value for Ion1(75)I had for some reason to set the maxvalue to 112?.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                        mid-Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #9
                        March 24, 2001
                        19895 Posts
                        Posted: November 11, 2004, 7:55 pm - IP Logged

Quote: Originally posted by IonSaliu on November 11, 2004

free software attracts thousands of people who want to know a thousand new things. How could one ....  respond to everybody on an individual basis? 

What a novel idea, free lottery software with great free support any time.

RJOh

Evil Looking       

Old Greenwich
                          United States
                          Member #5767
                          July 20, 2004
                          84 Posts
                          Posted: November 12, 2004, 10:39 am - IP Logged

Its like talking to a hobbit or a dungeon master. Ah!

Oh well his soft ware is very cool I justwish I new if I was using it right. I will spend the weekend looking over his updates. And this link

Saliu, Thank you for making something than talking about it. I admire your website alot.

Willl3

Canada
                            Member #8436
                            November 5, 2004
                            17 Posts
                            Posted: November 12, 2004, 12:09 pm - IP Logged

Spot9, have you come across this issue before? Can you please test this on your data? I just want to make sure that I am not missing something.

Thank you!

Auckland
                              New Zealand
                              Member #2247
                              September 4, 2003
                              33 Posts
                              Posted: November 12, 2004, 2:24 pm - IP Logged

foxy

I get the same results with my 40 number lotto for 100 draws and 200 draws.

100 Draws

-------------------------------------
                               Draw  Ion  Ion  Ion  Ion  Ion
                                #      1    2    3    4    5
                               MED >  29    27    6    2    12
                               AVG >  39    65    8    2    64
                               STD >  39  139    9    3    185
                                1    37+    50-  24+    4+  21-
                                2    25-    60+  11+    3-  468+
                                3    95+    4-    6+    7-  17+
                                4    8-    12-    4-  14+  12
                                5    22-    49+    9+    0    12+
                                6  186+    9-    4+    0-    8-
                                7    34-  417+    0-    3+  148+
                                8    54-    32+    7+    1+    1-
                                9    67+    27-    2-    0    10
                                10    22-    56+    8+    0-  10-

200 Draws

Draw  Ion  Ion  Ion  Ion  Ion
                                #      1    2    3    4    5
                               MED >  27    21    5    2    11
                               AVG >  39    49    8    2    47
                               STD >  45  105    8    3    145
                                1    37+    50-  24+    4+  21-
                                2    25-    60+  11+    3-  468+
                                3    95+    4-    6+    7-  17+
                                4    8-    12-    4-  14+  12
                                5    22-    49+    9+    0    12+
                                6  186+    9-    4+    0-    8-
                                7    34-  417+    0-    3+  148+
                                8    54-    32+    7+    1+    1-
                                9    67+    27-    2-    0    10
                                10    22-    56+    8+    0-  10-

Can you send me your data file. Send PM to get my email.

Spot9